It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live spontaneous combustion??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Hi,

I came upon this video. I don't really know what this is. Very weird. A policeman goes looking to the driver of the car in front of the policecar. In the policecar there's a camera filming. Then whatever happens. Is this a real video? Very weird.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Well thats an interesting video. The title means "Supposed Alien Attack". Theres something weird about the way the cop approaches the car. Almost too suspiciously. Looks staged to me

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Very strange video....looking forward to the explanation replies on this one.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by etherical waterwave

The police officer looked like he was very suspicious of whatever was happening in the car, the light seemed to come from the officer, and when the car sped away, the officer continued to glow awhile.

I think this was perhaps some improvised weapon, or a flare gun, or something along those lines.

Poor officer, he doesn't appear conscious afterwards, and he must have had severe burns.

What does Youtube say about the Video? I can't get to YT from the work computer.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Definitely looks staged, someone just doesnt suddenly get all bright and stuff out of nowhere and teh head of the driver in the car never changed. It was like he was staring straight ahead the whole time then he suddenyl comes to life and floors it after the cop stopped glowing? Seems pretty faked to me.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

The police officer looked like he was very suspicious of whatever was happening in the car, the light seemed to come from the officer, and when the car sped away, the officer continued to glow awhile.

I think this was perhaps some improvised weapon, or a flare gun, or something along those lines.

Poor officer, he doesn't appear conscious afterwards, and he must have had severe burns.

What does Youtube say about the Video? I can't get to YT from the work computer.

It was a Chinese lantern actually
jk.

If you look carefully again the light seems to come from behind the officer and by the time the light dies down, it looks like the officer is nothing but crisp on the floor. If it was some type of weapon, the flares would have hit the driver too because of the proximity.

As for YouTube, its mainly in spanish and everyone thinks it was an alien driving the car and wanted to run from the law.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Looks staged to me, very well done though. Great conceit. It's a lot like the opening of the movie "Repo Man." I am guessing that is where they got the idea for this (starts about 2:15 in to the video):

edit on 11/14/2011 by LifeInDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Probably someone's video project.
Based on the over acting on the cop's part as he creeps up on the vehicle, I too would say it was staged.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Hi, I too am a bit sceptical about this video. If this real my heart goes out to the officer & his family/friends.

Good thread, it will be interesting to see replies to this thread, star given but I shall hold back on a flag until the evidence to whether it was a hoax or real is presented & I can then decide..

I will check this thread again later on.

Thanks, may peace be with you.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Of course it is fake.....why would you even think it were real???

The uploaders page states this:

BOLIVIAN first place of fear. This channel shows videos that circulate throughout the network, it is our own creation and do not claim that what they see is real or fake. Ghosts: We want to show what no one shows, without affirming its truth. Accidents and Deviations: We show that while humans evolved more, we are more self-destructive. Bloopers: We want to make the world laugh.

Look through some of their other uploads to see even more poor cgi effects

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
Look through some of their other uploads to see even more poor cgi effects

I'm pretty sure I could do something similar with some of the effects in my video editor (Sony Vegas 10). I can add sun rays coming from anywhere in the scene, blow-out the brightness in one area over another. I never thought to do it for something like this, very creative, but now I'm thinking I want to try it just to see how it turns out. (Too bad I don't have a low-light/night vision camera, but I think my friend does.)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeInDeath

Yup you can also do it in after effects pretty easily.

Notice the policeman has no gun....is that normal for an american traffic cop?? I dont think so.

The audio from the radio sounds like it has been lifted from S.W.A.T, a game....SWAT 4

edit on 14-11-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
Notice the policeman has no gun....is that normal for an american traffic cop?? I dont think so.

The audio from the radio sounds like it has been lifted from S.W.A.T, a game.

You are right, all US traffic cops, who are often State Police carry guns. It can be quite a dangerous job. (This guy looks like he's dressed in some sort of State Police uniform, they tend to have lighter colors than most city or local police uniforms)

I was thinking of the radio, too. Could have been lifted from a game or they might have just paid a few dollars for some royalty free sound effect online. I do it sometimes for productions I've done. It had the sound of general cop radio garble to me, not a real police radio.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
The way the cop says: "bwoHOU!" and the appearing light kinda gives it off as fake...

Unless spontaneous combustion looks naturally fake?!? And the cop seems to fall like he was looking where to fall, without hurting himself...

I could be wrong, of course... ...

EDIT: Just to add, we might not be seeing any gun on the cop because he would be left handed? When he approaches, he's holding the torch in his right hand, I suppose it was to have his left hand ready to grab the gun?
edit on 14-11-2011 by NowanKenubi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Seriously??

You've been here 5 years and you post this asking if it's real?

Why WOULD it be real... does it look, feel or appear real?

NO.

There's your answer

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Not the same effect, but just to show you how easy doing something like this can be, here's an effect I created on some video I recently shot. Mind you, I did this in just 15 minutes or so, and since my last comment on this thread:

OMG, she's Magical!!

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I've seen this clip several years ago.
It's fake and better of in the Hoax section.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

If only we could deal with cops like this whenever you get pulled over.

Isn't spontaneous combustion suspose to be a slow smoldering burn in a low oxygen environment

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

You beat me to it. I saw this clip here as well some time back and it was decided to be fake rather quickly back then. cheers

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join