It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if You were the next ... first cave man ??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
OK .. lets say the biggie of doom theories that we read about here on ATS were to come true. I'm not talking about an asteroid hitting one part of the earth. I'm not talking about a major earthquake in down town big city, or a tsumami covering most of the planet ...

I'm talkning an ELE's that are quite often discussed on here.

What if an ELE happened .. and presuming places like sub denver airport and all the other safe havens were scrubbed aswell ... setting earth back to the stone age ...

What if all those stories about ancient civilizations were true. ... all wiped out ...

Now ... you are the only one left ....

Where/How would you start ???

What next ??

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
me find women breeeeed

link   
reply to post by All_Truth_Soon

The ONLY one left? No Women?

I'd shoot myself.

But, if I was the only man left amongst a group of women, I'd have to resign myself to being their sex slave and saving the human race from complete extinction by breeding like rabbits.

Seriously, we all have to do our part in that scenario and I would be willing to make that sacrifice...

edit on 13-11-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

link   

After securing food and water, I'd look for women to mate with so that I can attempt to repopulate the world...

ETA that I agree with Jude... I'd volunteer to be a sex slave... I wouldn't occupy wall street to beg for anything...

edit on 11/11/13 by Magnum007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

The ONLY one left? No Women?

I'd shoot myself.

Win, i was thinking along the same lines. Not to quote an internets meme but "Suicide is your only option"

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Well if I was the only one left......
......I suppose I'd do whatever the hell I wanted to do.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
If I were the last man and assuming there was a woman, I would find a smashed pharmacy, and be certain there were enough birth control pills to prevent any pregnancy. the last thing I would ever want to do is repopulate this world. Not a single chance in a trillion that mankind could get it right a second time. I would never ever wish to repopulate this earth with humans. We would just study war once again and bring on a new age of torture and suffering. I do believe in the inherent evil of man. We just can't seem to do the right things. Nope, I would remain the last man and pass on when my time comes. The earth will continue. It doesn't need mankind..

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I would write a compendium of all the knowledge that Ive acquired in my short time here. Mostly psychology and such, how to not live like a barbarian lol. That way future generations (?) will not have to spend hundreds of years 'discovering' new was of thinking. Wouldnt mind being the next Socrates

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Me last man alive?
Me want snu snu!
Then me figure out how to make machine to watch cable shows.
Aww forget, it too hard.
More snu snu!

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

First: find a nice cold beer.
Second: proclaim myself supreme ruler of everything on Earth.
Third: find another cold beer.
Fourth: find a woman proclaim myself supreme ruler of her and begin the process of repopulation.
Fifth: have another beer and maybe a shot.
Sixth: take a nap, being supreme ruler would make me tired.
Seventh: time for a beer.
Eighth: more repopulation.
Ninth: nap time........it's going to be AWESOME!!!!!!

edit on 13-11-2011 by kellerphoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Make sure to secure the following.
Food.
Water.
Fire.
Shelter.
A old playboy magazine.
edit on 13-11-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

where do you get this " back to the stone age " idea from - any event that would leave us with nothing but stone age tech - would destroy all human life on the planet

even a gobal EMP / CME etc would not set us back by more than a few years -as we still have the core infrastructure , knowledge base and reseources

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Do a much better job at cave painting and story telling through different mediums with maybe some star wars embellishments to make whoever found them wonder.
edit on 14-11-2011 by Agarta because: spelling

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Well, I have to amend your hypothetical - as I would be a cave woman.

It would make sense to seek warmth and shelter. Once that was checked off the list, I'd probably go searching for that special cave man to help me with the warmth part of the equation.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I personally would secure food, water and shelter. After that i would find survivors men and women alike and start to breed to save species.

If this is done quick enough when this process starts i will start to write down everything i and my group can remember about everything: history, chemistry, physics, biology, math, engineering and plans how to build basic and complex tools etc. to try to avoid my group from being sent back into the stone age.

So the basic idea is breed and try to rebuild as fast as possible because in 3-4 generations the stone age would be more than just a possibility.

EDIT: in that case people should set aside their differences and misconceptions because this becomes bigger than one person, it becomes the survival of a species so women should not try to be open to just one man but to as many as humanly possible to create broader genetics to avoid handicaps and syndroms brought on by incest.
edit on 14-11-2011 by AlexIR because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
LOL cool post but heres the rest of the storie .
ELE one man one woman Ok so dude gets toghter with woman 6 months later woman reinvents divorce and takes well the whole world and kicks man out . (out ware you may ask well luckly the cap had one delta rocket that still worked . now hes the last man on the moon.
Meen wile back on earth gess we dont need to wonder if man can get it right with woman there to make sure the last bit goes wrong hu . end humans (never lived up to there name anyway HUMAN= to care
the rest not printed ABOUT killing

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

where do you get this " back to the stone age " idea from - any event that would leave us with nothing but stone age tech - would destroy all human life on the planet

even a gobal EMP / CME etc would not set us back by more than a few years -as we still have the core infrastructure , knowledge base and reseources

It doesn't matter what type of ELE, just a cataclysmic event that wipes all but you out. Anyway, moving on ...

It would be a bummer if you were in say... France and the only other opposite sex person was in California for example, that's a fair old trek on foot (or bike).

I like the idea of recording all your knowledge and past events for future generations (your great, and great great, and great great great grand children). However if the events of the past are anything to go by then even this would be a problem because, like when the Spanish came across the Incas and Aztecs, the invaders destroyed all of their books and records to be replaced with new teachings. The great library of Alexandria was destroyed, setting the human race back perhaps 1,000 years. The records that the Sumerians left us have been twisted beyond recognition to what we today call the bible. Even when the writings are interpreted as they originally were written (Zacharia Sitchen) then most people dismiss it as nonsense.

Or burying the records to protect them for generations doesn't really work either as can be seen in the alleged hall of records under one of the Spinxes. Those who find hidden records always either don't reveal them or use them as a form of power, as the saying goes ... knowledge is power ... or in other cases like the Knostic or Dead Sea scrolls, again dismissed as the work of fringe groups.

Painting cave walls was a good idea, however there was not much knowledge contained in them, just recording triumphant hunting trips (usually)

So how, once you have found food, warmth and a mate would to preserve the knowledge for future generations and somehow ensuring that all who come along later will have access to the records/info, and not just the new Powers That Be? Presuming of course that you have not set yourself up as a god of some sort, to start the whole mess all over again

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Well, after my third daughter was born when I was 36 I realized I was getting a little up there in age to be having more children - so I made it so there wouldn't be a child number 4. As such, if I was the last man alive I would not be able to repopulate the species. Of course I wouldn't tell the cave women about that...I would just "keep trying"!

I probably would also raid the local pharmacies and, um, "herb farms" and stock up on some nice, thick dark beer and live my remaining days "trippin".

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

im pretty sure that after a few years of living in a cave with nothing but charcoal to draw with... id make somethings that looks a little more detailed than the 8 yearolds elementary school art project drawings we have seen.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

im pretty sure that after a few years of living in a cave with nothing but charcoal to draw with... id make somethings that looks a little more detailed than the 8 yearolds elementary school art project drawings we have seen.

That raises a beautiful question ... Is the ability to see something and then portray it (in a realistic format recognisable by later generations) a built in ability or is it learned. Because if it's built in, then all of the 'gone befores' who painted on cave walls were the ones who didn't learn very well. While the ones who had the 'built in' ability to transfer reality to a cave wall, were too busy contemplating life !!!! or doing something else.

Any more ideas on how to keep your knowledge and memories intact for future generations. ?

What If you were the last cave person and the only way you had to pass on those memories and info, was to paint them in blood or charcoal on a cave wall, how would you portray what has happened in the last 50 years ? sketches or actual cave drawings welcome ...

<<   2 >>

join