It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8 Occupy Declarations of Transparency

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I have been feet on the ground at #OccupyOakland since October 15th. I have been tear gassed 7 times, shot with CS paint balls, had flash bangs go off at my feet, and have been shot at with rubber bullets. I have avoided arrest thus far. I will be dumping some photos that are downloadable in both .zip and .tar.gz format. Feel free to do what you will with them, I took them, the world should see them.

1. We, the People, propose a system whereas bank regulators are, not in fact, the banks themselves

2. we propose the separation of utility banking and investment banking because of the inevitable fractional reserve banking crisis that it creates. The separation which existed in the United States under the Glass-Steagall Act, till its repeal in 1990

3. We propose the investigation in to the Ponzi-schemes of JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs, RBS, Barclays, Lloyds and many many more

4. We propose the investigation into the paper trails and fraudulent accounts of Osborne, Clinton, Rothschild, Bernanke, Rockerfeller, King, Dimon, Cheney, The Chicago Boys and many many more.

5. We propose the ban of high frequency trading transfers, an electronic weapon designed specifically to steal fraudulent money from honest people's mortgages, pensions and savings.

6. We propose an end to a system, which by the very nature of itself, produces corporations more powerful than our country's elected governments, thus eliminating our country's democracy.

7. We propose the money of hte people is not invested into the current illegal acts of war in Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Libya, Somalia, Pakistan and Palestine.

8. And lastly, we, the People, propose that we, the People, can change the world.

(All declarations are 100% amendable and are works in progress. We invite you to get involved and make changes any way you feel beneficial. This proposed declaration is version 1.1)

My pictures available for download at mediafire - zips/tars are dated, and i will be uploading more when i have the time.

www....(nolink)/?fv2fx4om2t44a

These are a few of the video's I have been able to pull off of youtube so far, and a youstream account that has been doing a lot of the live streaming.

www.ustream.tv...=unknown&utm_source=316210&utm_medium=social

youtube -
These are all from the 25th of October

Morning raid -

youtu.be...

www.youtube.com...

Evening -

www.youtube.com...

youtu.be...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

OPD Crowd Control Manual

www.scribd.com...

Cour Order for OPD after the "Riders" case -

occupymarines.org...

This is from Occupy Fresno - Police telling protesters Penal Code trumps 1st amendment

www.politicaljack.com...

Scott Cambell getting shot in unprovoked attack:

current.com... ttack

An interesting article from SFGate that calls out media spin/bias:

blog.sfgate.com...

Scott Olson Video - Marine who had skull fractured -

www.youtube.com...

See the world through my eyes. I will not try to sway anyone in any direction. I am doing this so my children and grandchildren have not just a better future, but a future.

Also, there is a common misconception that OWS is a "left wing" type of group. I will tell you now, it is not. Both the left and the right are guilty of screwing over the American people in mass. This goes beyond Left/Right politics. This is about the people, and our future.

I may or may not monitor this thread, but i wanted to share some links, videos and the photos that i took with the world. Have at it.

edit on 12-11-2011 by Vizzle because: typo and nudity

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Great post!

People tend to forget that in the world the 1% have created, WE HAVE NO FUTURE... I guess I should repeat it again since people tend to be swayed from the truth: WE HAVE NO FUTURE...

We are the last generation, if we won't manage to change our ways it won't matter if you are righty or lefty, you will be a slave nonetheless! A liberal slave that works 45 hours per week to feed the corporations greed at the very least!

I'm proud of having people like you in our world, you give me the strength and the motivation to believe in the cause of a new world. S&F

edit on 12-11-2011 by Shuye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Shuye

Thanks =) It's been cold and wet the past few days, and the encampment was served with an eviction notice today by the city. The officers would go nowhere near the Veterans that had assembled in the amphitheater, as the Oakland Police have now seriously injured 3 confirmed Veterans and put them in the hospital. 1 with fractured skull, 1 with broken tail bone, 1 with ruptured spleen. This does not include any of the other protesters that have been met with violence by the Oakland police dept and 16 law enforcement agencies.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
The lack of employers is a problem, too.

Plus, corperations need to generate masses of employers to employ the jodless.

Is it easier to be an employee than to be an employer?

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Great Points!!! I would just add a couple more (feel free to change the wording if you like to use any of this!):

1. The abolishment of the Federal Reserve, as it is the head of the arrow upon which all these other international goons ride into town.

2. Elimination of the "civil rights" of corporations in recognition that they are not "people" but entities without conscience whose only concern is the bottom line. They must be held strictly liable for all damages they cause. Deregulation has now been shown to have gone way too far, and must now swing way back in the other direction.

3. Regulation of United Nations and all other international agencies to where it must be demonstrated and proven that their activities are helpful and not harmful to developing (and developed) nations. International reviews of these activities by elected representatives of the people (or perhaps via the internet) of all nations should be held at regular intervals.
edit on 12-11-2011 by Videot because: Spelling

edit on 12-11-2011 by Videot because: Addition

edit on 12-11-2011 by Videot because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Videot

1. The abolishment of the Federal Reserve, as it is the head of the arrow upon which all these other international goons ride into town.

2. Elimination of the "civil rights" of corporations in recognition that they are not "people" but entities without conscience whose only concern is the bottom line. They must be held strictly liable for all damages they cause. Deregulation has now been shown to have gone way too far, and must now swing way back in the other direction.

3. Regulation of United Nations and all other international agencies to where it must be demonstrated and proven that their activities are helpful and not harmful to developing (and developed) nations. International reviews of these activities by elected representatives of the people (or perhaps via the internet) of all nations should be held at regular intervals.
edit on 12-11-2011 by Videot because: Spelling

edit on 12-11-2011 by Videot because: Addition

edit on 12-11-2011 by Videot because: (no reason given)

I will print out and pass these along to the group that wrote the first 8, Thanks for the additional input. Hope you enjoyed the vids/pics as well.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
lets wait for the OWS is a trap/ now agenda lol... i love these " proposals"

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
If you want to follow along on the live stream of occupy oakland, UStream has just donated as of last night a HD camera pack to one of our live streamers. There is also an archive of previous live streaming that has been done by this person available at the link

www.ustream.tv...

i have been updated that the OPD has passed out more eviction notices this morning. I am currently cutting up sheets for bandages (I work with the medics/first responders in the camp) in case they come in hard with tear gas again.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Vizzle

Star, flag -- and mad props.

Thank you for starting a thread that is about the actual issues, and not just more diversionary tactics intended to distract from them.

Everyone should flag this thread and get all the other partisan clutter out of the way.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mc_squared

Glad i can contribute. I see the media playing the left against the right to still keep the people divided and it saddens me to see that people still fall for the same old BS. I hope that people really do start opening their eyes to what is really happening on US soil right now and across the world. Forget partisan politics, lets all work together to make this a better world for those that come after us.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Thankyou Vizzie,

Thankyou for your caring endeavors. Oakland has been inspirational these last few weeks with your solidarity in the face of some pretty rough #, I' ve been watching.

thankyou for staying.

and Thankyou for making this post, i haven't been on ATS for a few months and looking around at the occupy posts here was getting pretty disheartened at the negativity from a site that woke me up to the very thing the occupation is all about.

we have it reasonably good here in Oz, but we are in a bubble still, and the # will hit the fan like it has over there, and we are following your example.

I have not had a good of opinion of the American people. But this movement is changing that fast.

Revoluyah !

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
You do realize that, by its nature as an attack, assailment, occupation, and vast protest, your choice of using "propose" on every one of your points reeks of a disingenuous attempt to mask your intents?

Wide scale protests involving disruption of daily business and individuals going about their day is about as far away from proposing something as one can get. OWS is looking for their way or the highway, not discussion, debate, and rational democratic approaches to change. Transparency cannot be analogous with obfuscation.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
They are looking to be King and have their rule. As with any other group out there.

Highlighted by the very nature of trying to discuss in the multitude of threads concerning the OWS and their goals or aspirations, any contention or debate on their "proposals" and/or demands are met with instantaneous calls of being a shill, a 1%, a banker, an elitist, etc.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

and just what would his intent be?

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Good morning Oakland from Jersey City, NJ!

People still think that this movement has no clear demands and goals and these 8 I will bring to Jersey City to see what's good. These are them in clearcut black and white. The reason why they think it is that the way they are structured doesn't allow for negotiation of any kind. This is how they get us, negotiation leads to us getting leveraged for which those days are over and done. No more compromise!

Star and flag!

edit on 12-11-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

How about
1) "I propose no person or entity can contribute more than $1000.00 to any political representative or party per year and is 100% tax deductible"
This would remove some financial corporate sway in government and bring back the power to the electorate, most could afford to vote equally with their wallets!

edit on 13-11-2011 by brice because: spell check

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
You do realize that, by its nature as an attack, assailment, occupation, and vast protest, your choice of using "propose" on every one of your points reeks of a disingenuous attempt to mask your intents?

Wide scale protests involving disruption of daily business and individuals going about their day is about as far away from proposing something as one can get. OWS is looking for their way or the highway, not discussion, debate, and rational democratic approaches to change. Transparency cannot be analogous with obfuscation.

I see you have never watched a GA meeting. There is quite a bit of discussion and debate and tabling of proposals. I am not looking for "my way to the highway". I am both a full time student and employee and still have have time to participate in the discussion and debate (and end up live streaming a bit of it) which we have in oakland 3 days a week (mon/wed/fri @6pm come on down and participate) with other committee meetings happening during the week. This is quite a bit more transparent than what we have now, or we wouldnt have had a reason to write those proposals. Keep in mind, this isnt a list of demands, this is a working idea on things we see that are wrong that need further examination.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by brice

I personally would like to see corporations not allowed to contribute any money to politics. That only people can contribute with a hard limit on how much. I would also like to see lobbying taken out of washington as well. my own personal views

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Vizzle

Yes, I suppose so but "merchants" do occupy an important role in society.......and I was trying to be diplomatic!
Diplomacy is necessary, even during times of civil unrest.
Don't get me wrong, corporations have way too much sway in government and you would be preaching to the choir.
brice

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Vizzle

Lobbying from conglomerates could be banned while those who lobby for groups like AARP, NAACP, police and fire agencies would still be allowed as well as any company who promotes a Human Agenda! Denying companies from donating to campaigns is ideal and a long stated goal of #OWS as this time and time again has our elected leaders answering to their donors over the people as when they make a "donation" it comes with strings attached, like, "I give you this money today I'm expecting a favour down the road!" type deal.

edit on 13-11-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join