It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke visits with Fort Bliss soldiers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke visits with Fort Bliss soldiers

www.elpasotimes.com

In his first visit to a military post since taking office in 2006, Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke on Thursday told a group of Fort Bliss soldiers how the central bank is working to strengthen the economy and reduce unemployment, including among military veterans.

Specific to soldiers and their families, Bernanke offered advice to help them secure a safe financial future.

The Federal Reserve works to maximize employment and control inflation by setting and influencing interest rates, he said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
So the Chairman of the "Federal Reserve" is visiting soldiers at a military base in Texas. Logical choice considering how close Texas is to D.C.

Strange coincidence though. Theres a Congressman from Texas who is a current Presidential candidate whos been trying to expose the Fed for more than two decades. This man (his name escapes me at the moment), even authored a book called End the Fed.

You don think its possible that this quasi-private, secretive institution known as the "Federal Reserve" may be worried that this Presidential candidate might be influencing our military do you?

Its not like he receives more political contributions from the military than all of the other candidates combined.

I'm sure it was just a friendly visit. Absolutely normal that the head of the most powerful banking institution in the World is visiting military bases.

www.elpasotimes.com
edit on 12-11-2011 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

I'm sure it was just a friendly visit. Absolutely normal that the head of the most powerful banking institution in the World is visiting military bases.

Actually I'm surprised they don't do it more often..

The Fed and their banker buddies make a LOT of money from war..
They usually finance both sides.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
They must be thrilled! Thrilled!

I actually have fond memories of Bliss. It went from being a ragged TRADOC post to a Power Projection Site with several BCTs (brigade combat teams). It is one of the largest military installations in the world when you included its training ranges.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Do you live in Austin? I lived in Texas for 30 years. I do not want to offend you, but controlled oposition is real. There is never going to be a saviour running for president.

Originally posted by gladtobehere
So the Chairman of the "Federal Reserve" is visiting soldiers at a military base in Texas. Logical choice considering how close Texas is to D.C.

Strange coincidence though. Theres a Congressman from Texas who is a current Presidential candidate whos been trying to expose the Fed for more than two decades. This man (his name escapes me at the moment), even authored a book called End the Fed.

You don think its possible that this quasi-private, secretive institution known as the "Federal Reserve" may be worried that this Presidential candidate might be influencing our military do you?

Its not like he receives more political contributions from the military than all of the other candidates combined.

www.elpasotimes.com

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ipleadthe5th

Good point but I dont think its customary to visit the slaves.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
sounds like dizzy city getting a bit scared.. make a few courtesy visits and some empty promises to bribe the troops to stay loyal to the state..

Wouldve walked out had any damn politician showed up to give a speach when I was returning from tours in vietnam .. Wonder how many walked out on him ?

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jcord

Sure there is. Its the Republicans vs. the Democrats. We are presented with an illusion of choice even though both groups work for the same masters, which is why nothing substantial changes. However, I do understand your disbelief and disenchantment.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

Would you have gotten in trouble for walking out?

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
reply to post by Expat888

Would you have gotten in trouble for walking out?

probably.. but what would they have done ? sent me back to vietnam.. pfffth all politicians can go to hell .. Some things are worth getting in trouble for .. Turning ones back and walking out on a damn politician wouldve been worth it.. Bastards and their inbred offspring sit back and laugh raking in their bloodmoney while they send others out to fight and die for nothing.. Not a damn thing changed since then.. People still dying so the corrupt old bastards in dizzy city can get it up and make their bloodmoney..

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Bernanke, who first greeted soldiers returning to Fort Bliss from Iraq at 3 a.m., later talked with about 150 soldiers and their spouses during a town hall meeting at the post's Centennial Club. He gave them an overview of the central bank's duties and responsibilities and encouraged them to learn about programs that could help strengthen their financial future.

They MUST have meant 3PM....

And this must mark a VERY significant decision on the part of the privately held federal reserve bank.

Sending their chairman to speak with soldiers NOW? Are those soldiers supposed to "spread the word" that "the Fed is OK?"

Sending the Fed chairman to 'edjumacate" the troops?

Is anyone else seeing the "out of the blue" nature of this little event?

I don't know folks... this sounds very weird to me.... must be the full moon.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
First the corporations 'donated' ( a nicer word for a direct donation other than through federal budget more commonly known as bribe) million$$ to the cops.

Now, none other than the Fed - a private institution, instead of the federal gov, addressing the armed forces and promising to take care of them and veterans.

Seems like USA is ruled by Bankers and Corporations, with the gov along with armed police and military, projections of power and might, merely puppets on their strings.

sigh....and to watch the ignorant and unawakened still protecting and defending a republic that had long been hijacked by corporatist facism....unless, of course, they prefer facism than the ideals and blood of founding fathers....

edit on 12-11-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

He met with soldiers returing from Iraq at 0300 in the morning and later in the day held the town hall meeting with other soldiers and their spouses.

I think this is an unprecedented event in the history of the Federal Reserve. Something significant happened, but what exactly happened is speculative.

If anything, it likely involved some sort of contingency planning, probably a response, involving Joint Task Force North (USNORTHCOM), which is based at Fort Bliss, to the domestic effects in the US by Greek and Italian defaults.

join