It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only one station in Miami carried the Bush speech

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Due to the Hurricane coverage only one station in South Florida carried the Bush speech. Also duing the speech two protesters have been detained.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I'm surprised there were enough people still around to notice. It's all about the ratings I guess. If a hurricaine was heading for me, I'd want to watch that. Funny that it's Jeb Bush's state that had a city as large as Miami devote so much coverage to the storm and not to Dubya.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I heard that this Hurricaine might be the worst in 100yrs, worst then even Andrew its what the size of Texas right now
Poor Florida its taking quite a beating this year.

I can understand why this would get more air time

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I wish ALL states were like that! I'm sorry, but I don't see the need for every damn station to cover these political things! You don't need every channel covering them...I don't watch them at all, Not even those I'm going to vote for. You only need one or two stations covering this stuff! You don't even need to watch it, it'll be talked about, reported in every paper, reviewed, analized.......sheeeeeeeeeeesh!

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I am appreciate to our media for not covering the Bush speech. The anchors said told viewers when the speech would be on and that they can go to any other competitor such as FOX, MSNBC, CNN to watch coverage.

It was an excellent decision

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I agree there is too much crap in the news. But, you don't know that if you don't watch.

However, I wonder if the lack of interest in Florida helps to explain why the people there can't figure out how to work a ballet machine? I still think it's funny to remember how so many people got on TV and admitted they were too stupid to punch the right chad at the last election. hahaha Saw a chiropractor admit it was too hard for him. :-) I wonder how he passed his tests in school.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealFlight
Due to the Hurricane coverage only one station in South Florida carried the Bush speech. Also duing the speech two protesters have been detained.

Lucky for Bush! He may of lost more votes if people actaully heard it.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by doc2
However, I wonder if the lack of interest in Florida helps to explain why the people there can't figure out how to work a ballet machine?

In all fairness to the people of Florida, I can see why they wouldn't be watching the RNC or any TV. I think they are worried about a massive hurricane heading their way.

BTW, it's "ballot", not "ballet". Ballet is a dance form.
Maybe you should check your spelling before you attack people's ability to vote.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
I am appreciate to our media for not covering the Bush speech. The anchors said told viewers when the speech would be on and that they can go to any other competitor such as FOX, MSNBC, CNN to watch coverage.

It was an excellent decision

I understand that both conventions were covered on a zillion stations, but not carrying it on local news channels is not fair to all the people. First, they should cover both conventions to be fair and , beleive it or not, not everyone has cable. Those people may want to hear what he has to say and don't have access to CNN, MCNBC and/or FOX. I hope they were also on other local channels. Also, did that station carry the Kerry speach. If so then they are biased.

just my $0.02

new topics

top topics

join