It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whistleblower Terminated from Northwestern for Revealing Human Experimentation

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Whistleblower Terminated from Northwestern for Revealing Human Experimentation

www.topsecretwriters.com

Despite being promoted to Valve Director in 2006, Dr. Nalini M. Rajamannan was terminated in 2008 after reporting the use of non-FDA approved, experimental medical devices being implanted in patients without their knowledge.

The doctor conducting these human experiments, Dr. Patrick McCarthy, was testing his own inventions, an IMR annuloplasty device and a Myxo annuloplasty device manufactured by Edwards Lifescience.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
theintelhub.com

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
This is the most shocking thing I have seen today. The whistle blower is canned for revealing that another doctor on staff at Northwest was conducting human experimentation of his own non FDA approved medical device. That makes no sense. The appalling lack of ethics in this case is alarming to say the least.

Implanting a device in a patient without their informed consent is highly illegal. McCarthy should have been canned not Rajamannan.

What a world.

www.topsecretwriters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+44 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Whistle blowers get canned all the time, because in opposite world, no good deed goes unpunished.

I was canned for whistle blowing about neglect & abuse of the mentally & physically disabled in facilities I worked in. No one cares, go try to be a whistle blower at your job and see what happens. It's about profits not about health & safety. Incidents are always swept under the rug, business as usual, that's how it goes in the real world of Corporatocracy.

OSHA is a joke as well. I called them too and they came down and inspected the facility "after informing my company of the date & time they would be inspecting", which was giving my company almost a week to prepare. These oversight agencies are a joke, what exists on paper is just for show.
edit on 11-11-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I agree, it's very scary. But, I'm going to play Devil's Advocate here, just for the sake of thinking outside the box.

What if the devices were far superior to the existing FDA approved devices? We all have some distrust of the FDA, an organization of inner circle cronies, with connections to money.

What if you invented something, you knew would ultimately save many lives, and was much more cost effective in the entire medical chain of command. I do believe there is a medical chain of command, that controls what actually does get approval. I also don't think that what is best for us, as the patient, is high on the list of considerations.

What would you do? Just a hypothetical question.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by wayouttheredude

WRONG!
This is the orwellian world.
Peace is war and bad is good.
You know, Bizarro world.
I am not surprised the good guy got the axe.
I am for "peaceful" revolution!

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

True that. I got canned for reporting the head nurse for stealing jewelery from the Alzheimer patients we took care of. She got a write up and then she fired me. No wonder people just walk by when they see someone getting attacked on the street.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Well, if they were testing superior products they should have told the patients. From what I read they didn't know this was happening to them.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I agree with you, except for the part where there was no consent given.
I do not take every pill my doctor tells me to as I think half of them are crap, I am still alive too.
So if something goes in me I need alot of knowledge on it or I will need a ring and a commitment.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

I agree with you, except for the part where there was no consent given.
I do not take every pill my doctor tells me to as I think half of them are crap, I am still alive too.
So if something goes in me I need alot of knowledge on it or I will need a ring and a commitment.

As I said, I'm playing Devil's Advocate here. The reason being, my Daughter was diagnosed with adult MS 3 years ago....I can't help but wonder what possible medical breakthroughs in treatment, have been bypassed because someone decided it wasn't cost effective in sustaining a percentage in some profit margin schedule.

I will admit, before MS became a nightmare my Daughter now lives with....it would have never crossed my mind.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

I object mainly to the lack of informed consent here. A device that is not approved is one thing but to put it in a patient and not tell them and they end up discovering it post op after it is replaced is just way too bad a move to consider. It is just unethical.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I agree with you...it's totally unethical. I do wonder what drove a person to do it though. Was it desperation? Overblown ego? IDK...but it is an interesting thought for me.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Not surprising. I have a feeling that there is tons of medical experiments going on that we'll never know about.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Why this does not shock me more is just because there is a long history of this happening by government and others all over the world. I often wonder that since I worked in a nuke plant for 18 months that we (nuke plant workers) are just well paid test dummies?

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

then why didn't MCFarthole experiment on himself, or his kids?

what part of without the patients knowledge and consent didn't you get?

edit to add please disregard 2nd part as i see where youre coming from

edit on 11-11-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayouttheredude

I object mainly to the lack of informed consent here. A device that is not approved is one thing but to put it in a patient and not tell them and they end up discovering it post op after it is replaced is just way too bad a move to consider. It is just unethical.

What's equally vital here is to read every single word of the consent form, because some of the jargon can give them carte blanche to do a lot of things.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
What's that, Big Sis? See something, say something?
Then get fired.

I should think that this person as well as any others this has happened or is going to be done to will find excellent council to fight for them and see that the whistle blower protection laws are applied and they regain their positions with some pocket money to ease the pain.

Every whistler blower knows they're hurting the money flow for powerful people when they speak up. This is where most of the anger originates from once the hammer comes down. Whistler blowers are some of the bravest people in this world and I hope karma treats them well.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
Whistle blowers get canned all the time, because in opposite world, no good deed goes unpunished.

I was canned for whistle blowing about neglect & abuse of the mentally & physically disabled in facilities I worked in. No one cares, go try to be a whistle blower at your job and see what happens. It's about profits not about health & safety. Incidents are always swept under the rug, business as usual, that's how it goes in the real world of Corporatocracy.

OSHA is a joke as well. I called them too and they came down and inspected the facility "after informing my company of the date & time they would be inspecting", which was giving my company almost a week to prepare. These oversight agencies are a joke, what exists on paper is just for show.
edit on 11-11-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

lol dude, weren't you paying attention in school?
bullies are never punished, but knock that bully down and you most certainly will.

also, in bizzarro-world, pointing out that the nazis [and eugenicists] were never defeated,they just went underground, is responded with rolling eyes and shaking heads.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

who knows?

at the bottom of article linked by OP:

doe-documents-reveal-radiation-human-experiments: www.topsecretwriters.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

also, in bizzarro-world, pointing out that the nazis [and eugenicists] were never defeated,they just went underground, is responded with rolling eyes and shaking heads.

Ain't that the truth. Same for our supposed "Independence" from England. They just made deals behind closed doors, but publicly looked defeated to shut the people up. I live in "New England", USA... why would America keep these British colony names if they were our oppressors that were finally defeated? Wouldn't we rename these British colonies? I'd change New York to New America, and New England to Prima America or something non-British. Common sense isn't as common as they say it is.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

i'd go for New Amsterdam for my home state or Gotham like in the DC universe

read the other day, how prinz karl exercised some sort of veto power the house of windsor still retains,not to mention their awesome salaries, sure they're just symbolic powers

Common sense isn't as common as they say it is.

oh, but it is,i'm afraid: Common sense = the sense of the Common [herd]

"The trouble with the world is not that people know too little, but that they know so many things that ain't so." Mark Twain

imagine how much energy would be freed up,
if we didn't have to deal with Disinfo.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join