It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Than 150,000 People Have Been Recorded Dead !!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I found this on a site that is basically dedicated to recording the body count of the Iraq .

Combining these sources, the detailed calculation below provides a figure of total Iraqi deaths, both civilian and combatant, of 150,726. Adding figures on Coalition military deaths, which now stand at 4,744, brings the number up to 155,470. That is, given our analysis of the new logs, as combined with other previously reported deaths, we are now able to say that more than 150,000 people have been recorded killed in the Iraq war since 2003, of which around 80% were civilian

More than 120,000 civilians are dead through 2010. Are you kidding me? What is this? Genocide ???

The story in extensive and in great detail. This is beyond sick. Below is the link to the full story,

www.iraqbodycount.org...
edit on 10-11-2011 by CherubBaby because: edit

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Yeah, this really came to light with the Wikileaks Iraq War Diaries, that's why Julian Assange is basically imprisoned now. And you wonder why so many nations hate the US...

edit: The US military is really acting irresponsibly when it comes to bombing. I saw a video the other day of a cluster bomb being fired on a civilian district in a city. Who does that???? (If you don't know what a cluster bomb is, youtube it...its horrible)
edit on 10-11-2011 by goldcoin because: see edit

second edit: I just want to clear up the term I used "US military". It's obviously only some people in the military that are #ed up and heartless, I did not mean the US military in general. I have quite a few friends in the military who are as sane as me and you!
edit on 10-11-2011 by goldcoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

80% civilian?????
unbelievable...

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Those people are what your government and millitary term 'collateral damage'. I wonder if they would use that phrase if they just witnessed their loved ones blown into thousands of pieces in front of them?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
This is awful but I would like to point out two inaccuracies in the OP, firstly this is just Iraq, not Iraq and Afghanistan and secondly it’s from 2003 not through 2010 as the OP stated.

One could also point out that for a conflict that has lasted as long as Iraq, with a full scale invasion in 2003 followed in 2005 by what was effectively a civil war and a good 7 years of constant fighting and terrorist attacks in the country with massive racial tensions and a hated foreign occupying armed force, 150,000 might look bad but It could have and should have been so much worse.

On saying that….

1 death due to collateral damage it just as bad a 150,000 or 150,000,000 for the families of those killed and my heart truly goes out to them. Collateral damage should always be minimised and is always used as a excuse for failed military endeavours, but it is just that, an excuse. Lets just pray to our respective God’s that life in Iraq has stabilised and the bloodshed will stop.

thanks for the info!
edit on 10-11-2011 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

That's just our tax dollars at work.

Don't worry, though - it's making us safe from all the terrorists. Can't make an omelet, right?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

That number probably doesn't take into account the amount of deaths we can expect from the Deplete Uranium ammunition being used there.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Haven't I read somewhere that the number is actually closer to 1 million? Yes.. I definitely did.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Most of those civilian casualties were the result of the Shia/Sunni sectarian violence that flared up after Saddam Hussein was driven from power. The two sects have been at each others throats since the day Mohammed died, and their favorite activity is blowing up Mosques where their "brethren" gather to pray.

I'll look up how many people the US claim to have been killed as a result of hostile action or "collateral damage" and I'll bet that the number is quite a bit lower.
edit on 11/10/2011 by OldCorp because: damn L key

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by goldcoin

The US military is really acting irresponsibly when it comes to bombing. I saw a video the other day of a cluster bomb being fired on a civilian district in a city. Who does that???? (If you don't know what a cluster bomb is, youtube it...its horrible)

You mean like dropping two nuclear devices on highly populated civilian cities? Or how about carpet bombing Dresden. How about dropping incendiary bombs causing a firestorm in civilian cities?

The US has been doing this since the beginning, nothing is new. the difference is the media, via the internet and social network working in tandem with cell phones with cameras, we get much much more information that ever before. The only difference, besides the technology, is we are more aware of what is happening.

"They" kill civilians and it's terrorism. We kill civilians and it's collateral damage.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Bingo - and from other things as well.

You also have to account for the birth deformities and various other maladies resulting from DU and whatever else we've been using over there. The reported increases in "alien babies" and related issues are simply heartbreaking.

It always makes me think of this:

1 After these things I saw another angel coming down from heaven, having great authority, and the earth was illuminated with his glory. 2 And he cried mightily with a loud voice, saying, “Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and has become a dwelling place of demons, a prison for every foul spirit, and a cage for every unclean and hated bird! 3 For all the nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth have become rich through the abundance of her luxury.”

4 And I heard another voice from heaven saying, “Come out of her, my people, lest you share in her sins, and lest you receive of her plagues. 5 For her sins have reached to heaven, and God has remembered her iniquities. 6 Render to her just as she rendered to you, and repay her double according to her works; in the cup which she has mixed, mix double for her. 7 In the measure that she glorified herself and lived luxuriously, in the same measure give her torment and sorrow; for she says in her heart, ‘I sit as queen, and am no widow, and will not see sorrow.’ 8 Therefore her plagues will come in one day—death and mourning and famine. And she will be utterly burned with fire, for strong is the Lord God who judges her.

Take care.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

I'll look up how many people the US claim to have been killed as a result of hostile action or "collateral damage" and I'll bet that the number is quite a bit lower.

Yes because US intelligence would never, ever, EVER, try to limit their liability.

Yup, no single civilian was killed by coalition forces, it was all those dirty blood thirsty brown people doing what they always do, killing each other.

Of course the US number will be reduced. As with weapons inspections, I'll take the outside international report more seriously than the internal "we didn't do nothing honest" american report.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

The reported increases in "alien babies" and related issues are simply heartbreaking.

I suggest you avoid the images (was it liveleak?) showing some of the deformities they are seeing now. I've also heard something about new uranium ammo that isn't depleted, can't remember what they were calling it though.

As well during Cast Lead Israel was accused of using new weapons and explosives with high density metal causing strange and never before seen injuries. No clue as to what came from that, I only recall watching a video with one of the doctors explaining the injuries they were seeing and how they were different.

DU will turn that place into a wasteland, and arguably already is. Israel hit their nuke reactor in the 80s, and wants to hit Iran too. How much radiation do we really need to spread in that region?

Or is that the entire point? soft kill?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by OldCorp

Of course the US number will be reduced. As with weapons inspections, I'll take the outside international report more seriously than the internal "we didn't do nothing honest" american report.

Then I suppose it's a good thing I didn't go with US figures huh?

Here is what the Iraq Body Count Project has to say about the years 2003-05:

Who did the killing?

37%. US-led forces killed 37% of civilian victims.
9%. Anti-occupation forces/insurgents killed 9% of civilian victims.
36%. Post-invasion criminal violence accounted for 36% of all deaths.
11%. Unknown agents (11%).

Killings by anti-occupation forces, crime and unknown agents have shown a steady rise over the entire period.

Who was killed?

24,865 civilians were reported killed in the first two years.
Men accounted for over 80% of all civilian deaths.
Baghdad alone recorded almost half of all deaths.
SOURCE

And The Lancet medical journal says:

The second survey published on 11 October 2006, estimated 654,965 excess deaths related to the war, or 2.5% of the population, through the end of June 2006. The new study applied similar methods and involved surveys between May 20 and July 10, 2006. More households were surveyed, allowing for a 95% confidence interval of 392,979 to 942,636 excess Iraqi deaths. 601,027 deaths (range of 426,369 to 793,663 using a 95% confidence interval) were due to violence. 31% (186,318) of those were attributed to the Coalition, 24% (144,246) to others, and 46% (276,472) unknown. The causes of violent deaths were gunshot (56% or 336,575), car bomb (13% or 78,133), other explosion/ordnance (14%), air strike (13% or 78,133), accident (2% or 12,020), and unknown (2%). SOURCE

Both sources, even though their total body count is different, attribute just over 30% of the deaths in Iraq to Coalition action. The rest is all Iraqi on Iraqi violence.

Of course had Bush not illegally invaded Iraq in the first place, none of this violence would have occurred at all; but to blame the US military for all of the deaths is incorrect.

edit on 11/10/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
Nearly all of those civilian casualties were the result of the Shia/Sunni sectarian violence that fared up after Saddam Hussein was driven from power. The two sects have been at each others throats since the day Mohammed died, and their favorite activity is blowing up Mosques where their "brethren" gather to pray.

But how many of this Bombs, Massacre and Genocides happened by the Secret Services
of our Countries?

The so called "Free World" got and still get a huge Benefit by/ from this Trouble
and we can be very sure that many of the Fights have been lined up!
edit on 10-11-2011 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
if an american soldier knocks on your door run ... they will torture you and kill your kids ... the facts speak for themselves ...

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Burgo1010
if an american soldier knocks on your door run ... they will torture you and kill your kids ... the facts speak for themselves ...

That's a lie.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp

That's a lie.

maybe we should ask the people of Iraq, south america etc etc to many to list

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
the taliban kills the civilians

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Funny I did quite a few tours over there, and never once did we pull people out in the street and torture and kill peoples kids or anything of the sort......

How about you calm down your rhetoric

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join