It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Truth About Climate Change

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
First of the bat, i want to illustrate to you that CO2 emissions are not the ONLY contributing factor to a global climate change. We have all heard the propeganda, the impending taxes, the curtailing of freedom etc, but what a lot of you don't know is that the "prime suspect" in global climate change is NOT what your being told it is.

The Jury is still out...

It only takes about 5 seconds to type these magical words into Google to be led down a path of lies "What Is Causing Climate Change?". Since i'm in the UK, one of the first results is from the government. Lets have a look at what they say the cause is...

However, there is now very strong evidence and almost universal agreement that significant recent global warming can’t be explained just by natural causes. The changes seen over recent years, and those predicted for the next century, are considered to be mainly the result of human behaviour.

The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) is a scientific body set up by the UN to look at climate change. It says that human activity is the main cause of the changes seen in climate during recent decades.

Direct Gov - UK

Now i'm not going to break down these paragraphs above at the moment, instead i am going to present detailed scientific information to counter-attack these claims. Hopefully my fellow ATS'ers will proceed from here with an open mind to accepting that the informaton they have been fed is wrong and is being used as another form of control and power-grabbing.

Are you aware that the Earth is in one of its coldest periods for the past 600 million years? Are you aware that there is about 4 times less Carbon in our atmosphere than there were during the Jurrasic Period? Are you aware that the alledged "Our Carbon Emissions are Extremely High" statements that get thrown around all the time are totally and irrefutably inaccurate? Are you aware that the cost of living for you and your family WILL increase based on lies? Are you aware that your life will change based on control being removed from you?

If your intregued, read on...

Some of you may be familiar with a period in time known as the Ordovician period. It was a period of time in Earths history that occurred about 510-438 million years ago. What a lot of you don't know was that there was a major extinction event in this time period, known aptly as the Ordovician extinction. This extinction is thought to have been the second worst extinction event in Earths history...no prizes for guessing what was first.

However, are you aware that this extinction was because of climate change? This climate change was an Ice Age. During this time period it may surprise you to know that the CO2 count in the atmosphere at the time was 4,000ppm higher than those of today. The problem here those is that today, we are told that if the CO2 levels increase any higher, we will cause irreversible damage to the Earth and its ice caps and glaciers will eventually be lost forever...yet 500 million years ago, there was a massive extinction event because of an Ice Age. By todays methodology there shouldnt have been a single shred of ice ANYWHERE on earth while the CO2 concentration was 4000ppm higher than it is today.

Granted, continental configuration now is nothing like it was then, The Sun's irradiance differs, as do orbits, obliquity, etc, but there is no obvious correlation between atmospheric CO2 and planetary temperature over the last 600 million years, so why would such relatively tiny amounts suddenly become a critical factor now?

Average global temperatures in the Early Carboniferous Period were hot - approximately 20° C (68° F). However, cooling during the Middle Carboniferous reduced average global temperatures to about 12° C (54° F). This is comparable to the average global temperature on Earth today!

Similarly, atmospheric concentrations of carbon dioxide (CO2) in the Early Carboniferous Period were approximately 1500 ppm (parts per million), but by the Middle Carboniferous had declined to about 350 ppm -- comparable to average CO2 concentrations today!

Earth's atmosphere today contains about 380 ppm CO2 (0.038%). Compared to former geologic times, our present atmosphere, like the Late Carboniferous atmosphere, is CO2 - impoverished! In the last 600 million years of Earth's history only the Carboniferous Period and our present age, the Quaternary Period, have witnessed CO2 levels less than 400 ppm.

Since approximately 600 million years ago, the concentration of atmospheric CO2 has dropped from 7000ppm to presnt days levels of around 380ppm. Thats a difference of around 18 times. Corresponding to this, the Earths temperature has also dropped, but it has NOT followed the steady decrease. The line of temperature drop versus atmospheric CO2 concentration do not follow each other. I have listed below some extracts of data to illustrate this

500myrs - 5000ppm - Global Temp 25oC
450myrs - 4000ppm - Global Temp 12oC
400myrs - 3000ppm - Global Temp 25oC
350myrs - 1000ppm - Global Temp 25oC
300myrs - 400ppm - Global Temp 12oC
250myrs - 2000ppm - Global Temp 27oC
200myrs - 1500ppm - Global Temp 25oC
150myrs - 2000ppm - Global Temp 17oC
100myrs - 1500ppm - Global Temp 25oC
50myrs - 1000ppm - Global Temp 25oC
Today - 380ppm - Global Temp 12oC

So using this data, we can see that the relatively high levels of CO2 have no bearing on a global temperature.

There has historically been much more CO2 in our atmosphere than exists today. For example, during the Jurassic Period (200 mya), average CO2 concentrations were about 1800 ppm or about 4.7 times higher than today. The highest concentrations of CO2 during all of the Paleozoic Era occurred during the Cambrian Period, nearly 7000 ppm -- about 18 times higher than today.

The Carboniferous Period and the Ordovician Period were the only geological periods during the Paleozoic Era when global temperatures were as low as they are today. To the consternation of global warming proponents, the Late Ordovician Period was also an Ice Age while at the same time CO2 concentrations then were nearly 12 times higher than today-- 4400 ppm. According to greenhouse theory, Earth should have been exceedingly hot. Instead, global temperatures were no warmer than today. Clearly, other factors besides atmospheric carbon influence earth temperatures and global warming.

Following the Carboniferous Period, the Permian Period and Triassic Period witnessed predominantly desert-like conditions, accompanied by one or more major periods of species extinctions. CO2 levels began to rise during this time because there was less erosion of the land and therefore reduced opportunity for chemical reaction of CO2 with freshly exposed minerals. Also, there was significantly less plant life growing in the proper swamplands to sequester CO2 through photosynthesis and rapid burial.
edit on 9/11/11 by jrmcleod because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Two special conditions of terrestrial landmass distribution, when they exist concurrently, appear as a sort of common denominator for the occurrence of very long-term simultaneous declines in both global temperature and atmospheric carbon dioxide (CO2):

1) the existence of a continuous continental landmass stretching from pole to pole, restricting free circulation of polar and tropical waters, and
2) the existence of a large (south) polar landmass capable of supporting thick glacial ice accumulations.

It wasn't until Pangea began breaking up in the Jurassic Period that climates became moist once again. Carbon dioxide existed then at average concentrations of about 1200 ppm, but have since declined. Today, at 370 ppm our atmosphere is CO2-impoverished, although environmentalists, certain political groups, and the news media would have us believe otherwise.

What will our climate be like in the future? That is the question scientists are asking and seeking answers to right now. The causes of "global warming" and climate change are today being popularly described in terms of human activities. However, climate change is something that happens constantly on its own. If humans are in fact altering Earth's climate with our cars, electrical power plants, and factories these changes must be larger than the natural climate variability in order to be measurable. So far the signal of a discernible human contribution to global climate change has not emerged from this natural variability or background noise.

Hope you enjoyed reading...

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I'm right there with you...been saying so for the longest time. Most people don't think of history in terms of millenia...but only as far as they can remember or as far back as the official history.

To paraphrase what you just stated... if cars and jets and grills cause global warming and climate change...I guess neanderthals and cromagnon man had some hellacious tail gate parties.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
but if they admit the truth then they will be out of a job.....an so will a lot of other people,i still believe that we need to be more careful about what we do and how it will affect our environment,like the japan disaster , but unfortunately the japanesse do not seem to have learned this

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by dunc4
but if they admit the truth then they will be out of a job.....an so will a lot of other people,i still believe that we need to be more careful about what we do and how it will affect our environment,like the japan disaster , but unfortunately the japanesse do not seem to have learned this

Your right, they will be out of a job...but we will be out of pocket, some will lose everything...where is the sense it robbing Peter to pay Paul? This is human deciet and lies at its best and it should be stopped.

You mention Japan, nuclear energy and its consequences are FAR more dangers to Earth than any fossil fuel ever will be.

The sooner people wake to the natural cycle of Earth and its life, the sooner we can stop lining the pockets of the rich...

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I have posted in some of these climate change threads before and even made a few of my own. The arguments always go round and round in circles, with scientific proof ignored and pseudoscience applauded by people who are totally ignorant of the facts. So rather than get involved in a frustrating argument trying to explain why everything in your thread is either wrong or irrelevant i will link you to an excellent website which is managed and contributed to by real scientists and experts working in the field of climate science.

The site has no political affiliation or agenda, they deal in scientific facts.
www.skepticalscience.com...Study it and gain some insight into what's realy going on.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
I have posted in some of these climate change threads before and even made a few of my own. The arguments always go round and round in circles, with scientific proof ignored and pseudoscience applauded by people who are totally ignorant of the facts. So rather than get involved in a frustrating argument trying to explain why everything in your thread is either wrong or irrelevant i will link you to an excellent website which is managed and contributed to by real scientists and experts working in the field of climate science.

www.skepticalscience.com...Study it and gain some insight into what's realy going on.

So can you show any article on that site that is actually SCEPTICAL of anthropogenic global warming claims? -

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
100% agree with you,i look at things outside of the box and see,the have not's have started to out number the have's in the last 3/4 years.once the scales of balance tip beyond the point of no return that is when things will change.by this i mean once people can only afford the basic essentials for day to day living they will start to wake up an realize whats going on,this imo will be the catalyst for a lot of alternate forms of dealing with criteria such as transport/waste management/travel/agriculture/heating-fuel etc , i also think it will be introduced by the same big corporations who are making huge profits at the present time,then start to see a very real downward turn in these same profits.they will be forced to start introducing these more efficient forms of power etc at an affordable cost

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321

Why dont you go back and read through my post again, this time without your "inner box" mentaility and try to understand the reasoning behind the lies and deciet. Then look at the information i have presented and analyse it. There are plenty of sources of information out there that point to what i have posted in my OP. Please don't be a victim of this "science" and understand that this whole process is natural and not linked to CO2, if anything its linked to water vapour!

Do your own research and you'll soon open your eyes. Reports from the UN, US, UK, WEST wont do you any favours when its their coffers than need lining

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I've also read in many places that MANY planets in our solar system are experiencing a warming trend right now. Are we really so self centered that we think *WE* are causing these changes?

www.livescience.com...

Earth is heating up lately, but so are Mars, Pluto and other worlds in our solar system, leading some scientists to speculate that a change in the sun’s activity is the common thread linking all these baking events.

Of course, not all scientists agree with THAT, either.

It IS clear that there have been warmer periods on earth than we are going through now.

I think the science is far from settled.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Here the real kicker in the climate change debate: Climate change happens slowly. Literally over thousands of years. There really is no way to know whether the emissions of humans causes this to occur at a more rapid pace or not. Even if it was speeding up the changes, at what rate?

Anyone coming onto any board and making an absolute statement as to how we have or will affect clime change is completely full of it. The truth is, nobody knows for sure. Not the OP, not the scientists, not me, not you.

Bottom line: Does it really hurt to take precautionary steps? Worst thing that happens is jobs are created by a new industry.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Too bad we cant transfer heat from the South to the North. Being in the North myself, I can say I am a fan of global warming. Its already cold enough here to freeze the nuts off a bridge.

top topics

join