It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News Portland Oregon Occupy Wall Street group being implicated in Molotov cocktail attack o

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
This is still so new it was just a quick blurb on Oregon's KGW 8's tv news. As of now there are reports a molotov cocktail was set off at the world trade building downtown.

The part that's significant is that they immediately reported that the Occupy wall street camp is suspected of making and storing molotov cocktails...

This can only end in sadness.

This is on the heels of numerous other negative stories about the local OWS encampment including allegations of threats towards news crews and etc.

I just don't buy that OWS would step things up in this manner, but if you want to turn public opinion against something this is pretty much a textbook full court press to sway public opinion.

No matter how you feel about OWS this is not a good turn of events.
edit on 9-11-2011 by roguetechie because: Edit to add more info.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Not saying I doubt you.. but without some kind of source... why make the thread?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
As I said right in the thread... the story is still breaking. ATS has a history of getting news before the MSM because of members watching for stories exactly like these as they happen. If and when there is a link to give I'll be posting it. BUT until then I figured the members of ATS should hear about this ASAP because of it's implications.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
source

For those wanting a source here ya go! As usual though ATS was first with the news

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by roguetechie

It is provocateurs like this that are really really hurting this movement...

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Molotov cocktail set off at World Trade Center building in downtown Portland, police suspect Occupy Portland protesters involved

Here's a link to an article before you get accused of tweeting it yourself...

edit on 9-11-2011 by lernmore because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I was at the Portland OWS camp two weeks ago, and honestly it is a mess. The smell of pot and pee was strong, there were mental patients as well as homeless there. I guess what I'm saying is that I'm not really surprised that some nut from that mess has done something like this. They were defacing monuments, cop cars, even the vending machines were destroyed when I walked through.

These people aren't really all that peaceful, I'm sorry but it's true. They are breaking the law being there, and it's a shame that Mayor Adams isn't enforcing the laws and simply allowing the OWS protestors to freely roam around Portland, like packs of feral animals making a huge mess, and intimidating local businesses.

link   

Molotov cocktail dropped down a stairwell? This is simply a lone person being stupid. I am sure the media will implicate the entire OWS movement, but rationale minds should know anytime you get a group of angry people, one is bound to do something dumb.

link   

I've been saying the revolution is coming. I guess I was right. I wonder how far molotovs will get them? Why do such a crappy job of blowing the place up? It's only going to make everyone hate them and not accomplish the task at hand.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Ahh.. thank you.. a source.. of sorts anyway.

So police suspect OWS as the culprits? Based on what evidence? Which officer/s have said this? What were the circumstances that led up to the event? Did anyone actually see anything? Were protesters asked what they saw?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Violence in one shape or another was going to come, in one place at least. Thankfully no one was hurt, shame they couldn't destroy more property, thats the only thing the cops are hired to protect and the rich care about,

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Resinveins

The OP sourced his story. Here is a link:

'Occupy Oakland' turns into ugly overnight riot
by Associated Press
Posted on November 3, 2011 at 6:23 AM
Updated Thursday, Nov 3 at 7:42 AM
www.kgw.com...

OAKLAND, Calif. — A peaceful protest that shut down the Port of Oakland to show the broadening reach of the Occupy Wall Street movement ended in violence when police in riot gear arrested dozens of protesters overnight who broke into a vacant building, shattered downtown windows, sprayed graffiti and set blazes along the way.
At least four protesters were hospitalized Thursday with various injuries, including one needing stitches after fighting with an officer, police said. Several officers were also injured but didn't need hospitalization.
"We go from having a peaceful movement to now just chaos," protester Monique Agnew, 40, said early Thursday.
Protesters also threw concrete chunks, metal pipes, lit roman candles and molotov cocktails, police said. At least 100 people have been arrested.
www.kgw.com...

edit on 11/9/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
...The thing that bothers me is that as soon as there was a report of the molotov cocktail being thrown it was being blamed on OWS.

Literally before there were reporters on the scene they are already pointing the finger.

Tell me something doesn't stink in cleveland with that?

Honestly I highly doubt this was OWS for the simple fact that something like this even as unsuccessful and spectacular as it was is a death sentence for their own movement. Which is primarily made up of people who are NOT pro violence!

On top of that now OWS, guilty or not, is going to be associated with this and most likely this will be the death knell of the portland OWS camp.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
reply to post by Resinveins

The OP sourced his story. Here is a link:

'Occupy Oakland' turns into ugly overnight riot
by Associated Press
Posted on November 3, 2011 at 6:23 AM
Updated Thursday, Nov 3 at 7:42 AM
www.kgw.com...

OAKLAND, Calif. — A peaceful protest that shut down the Port of Oakland to show the broadening reach of the Occupy Wall Street movement ended in violence when police in riot gear arrested dozens of protesters overnight who broke into a vacant building, shattered downtown windows, sprayed graffiti and set blazes along the way.
At least four protesters were hospitalized Thursday with various injuries, including one needing stitches after fighting with an officer, police said. Several officers were also injured but didn't need hospitalization.
"We go from having a peaceful movement to now just chaos," protester Monique Agnew, 40, said early Thursday.
Protesters also threw concrete chunks, metal pipes, lit roman candles and molotov cocktails, police said. At least 100 people have been arrested.
www.kgw.com...

edit on 11/9/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

Portland is in Oregon... Oakland is in California.

You're thinking of a different incident.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Yes he did... and I thank him for that... sourcing usually is expected .. especially when your thread starts in the Breaking News forum.

Your link however.. referred to events in Oakland.. not events in Portland... a correct link can be found above

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Yea, this has sabotage for Occupy written all over it. Probably just a bunch of guys that work for one of those agencies that do nothing, throwing a few bottles of everclear through the windows. Occupy has a lot of very smart people behind it. I don't believe that if they intended to destroy something, that they would do so in such a light way. Columbine nutcases did better than that.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Actually this story is from tonight. The portland World Trade Center had a molotov cocktail thrown at it. That's what this thread is about.

this is the story I'm posting about

And like others are saying, I think if OWS decided to turn violent they'd do a much better job than this. Hell I'd expect drunken teenagers to do a better job than this.
edit on 9-11-2011 by roguetechie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

The London riots which had like 13 year old upwards in some parts did better damage than that. OWS are clearly worse than 13 year old boys.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Didn't I warn of a possible false flag implication? Well ladies and gentlemen this is exactly that. Molotov cocktails by protestors in an event where alcohol of most kinds is banned (medical isopropyl only legal)!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
Didn't I warn of a possible false flag implication? Well ladies and gentlemen this is exactly that. Molotov cocktails by protestors in an event where alcohol of most kinds is banned (medical isopropyl only legal)!

LoL Right, its all a setup, apparently you arent reading all the issues going on with people in this movement causing problems, or you are choosing willful ignorance....

The other thing I think is hilarious is that you state that alocohol is banned? Right......the alcohol is banned but the massive drug use isnt?

Give me a break

your credibility is NILL

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join