It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The View from OC, California, Nov 8th 2011

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Well, it rained across the area last week, and apparently without a cloud in sight today, this is either cloud seeding, contrails (skeptical of this) or the typical Chemtrail pattern we all know about.

I didn't bother taking pictures of anything behind myself, as it was pretty much cloudless (and it's cold outside).

But I did find it peculiar that these "contrails" were the only ones in sight, as far as the eye could see.

Taken with my Motorola XOOM.

I understand what contrails are, and the debunker argument is always "there is a ton of air traffic at any given time of day everywhere in the world and these are the result".

But why only this portion of the sky? Why in a uniform pattern? And if I went outside right now, why would I see even more streaks, surrounding the area I photographed? These things spread until the sky is literally gray with clouds or whatever this is. I have no doubt it's going to be raining again by next weekend, perhaps because of this? /shrug

Opinions?

Picture 1

Picture 2

Picture 3

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I am in irvine right now and it was freezing this morning, I am guessing these are contrails....and yes rain is in the forecast for this weekend already.
edit on 8-11-2011 by 4thhorsemen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourignoranceisbliss
Well, it rained across the area last week, and apparently without a cloud in sight today, this is either cloud seeding, contrails (skeptical of this) or the typical Chemtrail pattern we all know about.

I didn't bother taking pictures of anything behind myself, as it was pretty much cloudless (and it's cold outside).

But I did find it peculiar that these "contrails" were the only ones in sight, as far as the eye could see.

Taken with my Motorola XOOM.

I understand what contrails are, and the debunker argument is always "there is a ton of air traffic at any given time of day everywhere in the world and these are the result".

But why only this portion of the sky? Why in a uniform pattern? And if I went outside right now, why would I see even more streaks, surrounding the area I photographed? These things spread until the sky is literally gray with clouds or whatever this is. I have no doubt it's going to be raining again by next weekend, perhaps because of this? /shrug

Opinions?

Picture 1

Picture 2

Picture 3

Sure, it may rain somewhere by next weekend, but can you explain how what his in the skies over there on tuesday, has any bearing on a weather system thousands of mile away? And yes, there is a storm system inbound some of the western US for this weekend.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Hi OP
I work in Cypress & noticed the typical pattern I see everyday.
Nothing out of the ordinary really, it's just the conditions are
ripe weather wise.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by yourignoranceisbliss

Huh?

Well, it rained across the area last week, and apparently without a cloud in sight today...

..... I have no doubt it's going to be raining again by next weekend
It rained a week ago, and not a cloud in sight today, and it will probably rain again next week? What connection are you trying to make between these completely unrelated details?

either cloud seeding, contrails (skeptical of this) or the typical Chemtrail pattern we all know about.
You are skeptical of 'contrails', yet you feel that everyone believes in 'chemtrails'?
I think you may gotten those words switched around?

why only this portion of the sky?
Atmospheric Conditions

←Conditions over here, may not be the same as the conditions over there→

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourignoranceisbliss
But why only this portion of the sky?

Same reason that clouds sometimes form only in one portion of the sky. That's where the moisture is.

Why in a uniform pattern?

Probably north-south traffic.

And if I went outside right now, why would I see even more streaks, surrounding the area I photographed?

Because more planes have flown over.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
And of course Southern California, Los Angeles area is one of the highest density places for air traffic in the entire world too

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Here's the view southeast from Venice, Los Angeles, today.

Cirrus uncinus ice clouds show lots of high level moisture. They are swept across the sky by the differing wind speeds as they fall. There's one partial contrail running roughly north-south.

Overhead (not in the photo) are some clouds that look like they might have been induced by contrails.
edit on 8-11-2011 by Uncinus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

What kind of clouds are these

I got plenty more. These are all from Sunday. They were going back and forth all day long

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Looks like cirrus from contrails..Did you check flightaware.com to identify any of those airliners?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by Uncinus

Those are contrails, and some cirrus, possibly contrail induced.

Probably just normal overhead air traffic, given they are all going in straight lines.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Those are ALL perfectly normal contrails. And yes, they are "clouds", even though made by technology, they are no different except in shape, and origin.

In your first photo it appears there is another higher and very thin layer of cirrus, above the majority of the contrails.

And, no....how many times must this be pointed out? The jets making the contrails do NOT "fly back and forth"!!

They are airliners on routine schedules from "City A" to "City B".

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by firepilot
Looks like cirrus from contrails..Did you check flightaware.com to identify any of those airliners?

Can that site check retro-actively to last Sunday? Or do you know any sites that do?

I would appreciate any sites that any of you can share that would allow me to check these flights from last Sunday in Canada.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

reply to post by Uncinus

I got plenty more. These are all from Sunday. They were going back and forth all day long

Love the pictures.
Typical chemtrails.
Soon you'll see clouds.
Cirrus Aviaticus.
That means they're clouds made by airplanes.
If you don't see clouds, the sky will turn gray (grey).
Another day in the life of chemical sky.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
yes, search air route tracker....they have a good map of the US...

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Can that site check retro-actively to last Sunday? Or do you know any sites that do?

I would appreciate any sites that any of you can share that would allow me to check these flights from last Sunday in Canada.

I'd start out with the live view. Just so you can see if it's consistent with the normal patterns of traffic. Nailing down individual flights can be quite tricky. The live feed is delayed about ten minutes.

If you cans see the actual plane in the shot, and know the time, then try this:

www.wolframalpha.com...

(change place, time, as needed)

The sky map at the bottom is what you will see laying on your back.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

Thanks!

I have plenty more from that day including the sunset.

Might post them in a bit. Picking up take out. Be home in a few. It's ready as I type this.

Brb.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Flight Radar does - www.flightradar24.com... - click the "live" button at top right to get date & time options back about 10 days.

However it is not as universal as flight tracker is for the US - it ONLY has data for ADSB equipped a/c, and that only when there is a receiver nearby linked to its website - it is essentially a voluntary co-operative effort. should not be too much of a ptoblem over USA, Europe & other densly populated parts of the world where there are plenty of well-off a/c geeks

But in some other places coverage may be spotty or non-existant.

See About for how it works.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

Sorry didn't see your post. I will respond in just a moment. Don't want you to think I purposely skipped you.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
There are some very interesting big looping contrails south of Los Angeles right now. I'll post photos in a bit. If there anyone in the area, see if you can get a photo of the plane making the trails.

AHA, it's our old friend, VOODOO1:

flightaware.com... ivaltime=
edit on 8-11-2011 by Uncinus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join