It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satellites in the Bible?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
So I was reading through Revelations the other day, found this verse, and had a thought.

Revelation 6:13 (KJV)

"And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind."

Maybe what John was actually seeing was the satellites falling out of orbit? When you look up at a satellite, it looks like a star, the only difference is that most of them move. So if some event caused them all to fall to earth at once, it would appear as if the stars were falling out of the sky, would it not?

Just a thought of course, Im not an expert at interpreting the bible.
What do you think?

Also, Im not sure what kind of event would cause this, but I would be happy to find out if its even plausible or not.

edit on 7/11/2011 by osirys because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by osirys

I think it could be interpreted as such but at the same time I can't help but take into consideration all of the ufo sightings as well.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Totally plausible, as there were tons of satellites around when that 'story' was written.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Maybe it was a meteor shower....

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by homeslice

No story....prophesies written in those days were written using the writers knowledge of the times and what they had seen to use in desc.. A "caterpillar" across the desert would be the only way a convoy of trucks and tanks could be described. A great "fiery" bird would be a jet. A 'cloud of dust" may be an explosion. "Fire from the sky" could be missles or falling burning ships. A "carriage" a flying disc.....takes little imagination, and if those things in reading the "stories" is all that keeps you from believing, you have my synpathies friend.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by homeslice
Totally plausible, as there were tons of satellites around when that 'story' was written.

I take it you don't know how remote viewing works?
Imagine yourself seeing, in your mind, a bunch of satellites falling 2000 years ago. You have no idea what a "satellite" is. So you describe it as you see it.
And 1000s of satellites falling would appear much like what it says in the bible.
in summary, the words of revelation weren't given to John...he was shown things, and wrote down what he saw with words that he already knew. He didn't know the word "satellite," he could only use words that he already knew.

OP, you really have a great interpretation of that text.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by osirys

So I guess this satellite turns the sun to sackcloth as well whilst turning the moon a blood red colour as well? Remembering also after the event your talking about, the mountains and Island are removed from their places. Do you think a satellite can achieve all of the events happening around your idea? I think we are talking about a massive cosmic body, not a satellite.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

So you are saying man had satellites back then? or were these satellites alien?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by osirys

I have often thought that some of the descriptions of events and visions remind me of of events and technology which we either have or are trying to achieve today.

This is an interesting idea to consider, about the satellites.
The idea about the meteor shower is interesting, as well.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redevilfan09
reply to post by osirys

So I guess this satellite turns the sun to sackcloth as well whilst turning the moon a blood red colour as well? Remembering also after the event your talking about, the mountains and Island are removed from their places. Do you think a satellite can achieve all of the events happening around your idea? I think we are talking about a massive cosmic body, not a satellite.

Maybe one satellite is not the cause of these things but, rather, part of a whole series of results.

I wonder if there is a natural event which could cause all of these things...
sun to sackcloth
mountains and islands removed from their places
satellites caused to fall from orbit

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by idunno12

It could possibly be part of the event, but I do not think that the satellites are the issue being explained. They simply could not change the colour of the moon or the sun. Whatever has the power to do that, must be massive.

After reading some replies this actually is a good theory, but again, I cannot see how satellites could cause these things to happen unless they were purposly built to make those events happen, which is a possibility as well.

Going off not just the bible, but other prophecies or predictions, I still believe this is a cosmic event. Do not know how, when or where, but thats an answer no-one knows. Smoke could block the sun and fire could turn the moon red. Have to be a biggin though.
edit on 7-11-2011 by Redevilfan09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Redevilfan09

So if some event caused them all to fall to earth at once, it would appear as if the stars were falling out of the sky, would it not?

This is from the OP. As is said in the beginning of the sentence, an event could trigger the fall of the satellites.
And it could also show the weird effects, like the Moon in red, don't you think?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
It wasn't satellites that was referred to in Revelation, it was a meteor shower. Look up the meteor shower of November 13th, 1833, and that's what John saw.

Then, if you want to learn everything else that goes along with that subject, just click the following link

www.remnantofgod.org...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by osirys

Just imagine how much clearer the sky was back in those days, especially at night without the light pollution.

I do believe meteor showers were very clearly seen in those days, and that is how I interpret this scripture.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
It could be a meteor shower of course. It was just a thought.

The book of revelation was Johns account of what he saw happening in the future, no I dont think there were satallites back then, but perhaps he saw some from the future and described them in terms he understood.

The passage seems like its describing some sort of cosmic or nuclear event. Perhaps a nuclear blast (or several) at low orbit? Im not a scientist, but to me it makes sense that maybe this would affect satellites, and perhaps the reason the moon is black and the sun is red is just our perception of them from beneath a big cloud of some sort of fallout?

Revelation 6:12-15
King James Version (KJV)
12And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

13And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

14And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

15And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
edit on 8/11/2011 by osirys because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

I think it will be hard for you but wrap your head around the possibility that revelations is about visions of the future. As for sattelites, it is a possibility as is a meteor shower. It's a bit too vague to pin it on anything.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I think it's always a mistake to try to interpret details of Revelation in isolation.
Even placing this verse in the context of the previous verse helps the interpretation much better.
We're told that the sun turned black, the moon turned red, and the stars vanished.
In other words, something is blocking out most of the light from the sun, most of the light from the moon, and all of the light from the stars.
So if this verse is foretelling anything, it is foretelling a heavily polluted atmosphere.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by osirys

the verse your citing is sandwiched between two other verses that are explained as the sixth seal

Rev 6:12 ¶ And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

Rev 6:13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

Rev 6:14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

i would put 6:13 as a vision of a meteor shower, perhaps the event later envisioned and chronicled as huge stones (weighing many Talents) falling on the population

background:

aren't meteorites called 'shooting Stars'... bet the ancient people called them falling stars too
therefore the Revelation vision of stars falling to Earth would not be a complete unknown to the general population
edit on 8-11-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Perhaps you should become more familiar with a subject before you discuss it. Revelations is written after the author is given visions of the future and witnesses events of the end times.
edit on 12-11-2011 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   

What the author is seeing is a vision of the end times, so he would be using objects and words that would be familiar with him back then to describe things seen in the future. If you lived 1,000 years ago how would you desribe things we have today, cars, airplanes, computers, etc....

join