It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Blue Glowing Orb Caught On Camera @ Silverstone Racetrack (02/10/11)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Hello ATS.

This being my first thread I thought I would share some of my own material, technically speaking anyways. Now I've seen how ruthless some members of ATS can be, and how the majority of debunkers seem to give it a quick sweep over and give the standard reply 'swamp gas' or 'chinese lantern' or even 'nothing to see here folks', and just to let all you insta-debunkers know - it is terribly arrogant and unfair to dismiss something without having any previous knowledge or fact on the subject. So if your only visiting this thread to debunk something, and I think I speak for the rest of ATS here when I say, just leave.. narrow-minded opinions simply aren't welcome on this forum.

Anyway heres my piece, At the start of October my step-sister Kimberly (25) went to Silverstone Race Track. Obviously she took her camera, along with her husband and 1 year old son Taylor (my nephew). So when she got back from silverstone she uploaded the photos on to facebook - now just to prove that this photo is legit ive taken a screen shot of the album of photos uploaded..

Which can be seen here: img825.imageshack.us...

So there is only 23 photos in the album, when I got to the last picture I saw this..

img72.imageshack.us...

So without instantly dismissing it as a camera flare (without any reason or fact) what could it be? The sun is behind the trees and you can see seeds of light poking through.. then to right of it, is a fairly large blue glowing orb - looks quite similar to what plasma would appear like.

Your Thoughts ATS? If somebody could perhaps show me a picture of a similar lens flare that would put my mind at ease.

edit on 7/11/2011 by SativaDub because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
It looks like the picture was taken through a window , I would saw it is light reflection nothing more .

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
It looks like the picture was taken through a window , I would saw it is light reflection nothing more .

Kimberly had taken this picture sitting in the stands of the stadium.. therefore there were no windows to take a picture through... next debunker please..

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to SativaDub

Your Thoughts ATS?

post by SativaDub
therefore there were no windows to take a picture through... next debunker please..

I'm sorry , I thought you asked for peoples thoughts , but given your reply you obviously just want people to tell you what you want to hear

It is light reflection whether through a window or just the dirty lens of the camera .

edit
And what kind of stadium looks toward trees and not the Racetrack ?
edit on 7-11-2011 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I dont want to be branded a debunker but it also looks to me as though it was taken through a window. Main give away (apart from the blue orb) is what looks like a reflection of the Sun's light which is showing up infront of the trees but I could be wrong.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   

And what kind of stadium looks toward trees and not the Racetrack ?

I guess Silverstone Stadium does... Ive seen you around the forums, your a classic skeptic from what ive seen being a longtime lurker. So I dismissed your idea as quick as you dismissed mine. touche

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Nice clear picture, but my "Uneducated" guess is that is a internal (?) lens reflection of the Sun. It is even a similar shape but reversed and maybe upside down.
If she was in the stands, presumably with other people, did anyone scream out.."Look at that blue orb"?
My initial "Feeling" it is a reflection, (optics can be complicated, and light can bounce around inside lenses, mirrors etc), of the Sun.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by gort51
Nice clear picture, but my "Uneducated" guess is that is a internal (?) lens reflection of the Sun. It is even a similar shape but reversed and maybe upside down.
If she was in the stands, presumably with other people, did anyone scream out.."Look at that blue orb"?
My initial "Feeling" it is a reflection, (optics can be complicated, and light can bounce around inside lenses, mirrors etc), of the Sun.

Good theory, you are probably right, and you explained it in a much clearer perspective in comparison to the usual standard debunking replys.

Thanks for the reply

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
No Problem.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
What did your step sister and husband think about it? Did they say if others saw it, too?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Flux8

No they didn't notice it until they uploaded it onto facebook.

I mean personally I think that cameras can often capture more than what we can actually perceive as being physical and real in our 3-dimensional world.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
you saw lens flare

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SativaDub

post by SativaDub
your a classic skeptic from what ive seen being a longtime lurker.

A skeptic of the existence of Aliens and UFO's ? , you should pay more attention .
A skeptic of lens flare , balloons , lanterns and planes being extraterrestrial or mysterious, or being passed off as such .......... Yep .

post by SativaDub
So I dismissed your idea as quick as you dismissed mine.

But my idea that the photo is the result of lens flare is more likely than your idea that its a picture of Blue Glowing Orb .

post by SativaDub
touche

Not really

post by SativaDub
show me a picture of a similar lens flare that would put my mind at ease.

Similar lens flare .

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

You are right it is strange.

It semed they retired those battleships model a few years back from Xenu armada...
edit on 7-11-2011 by gigaherc because: img visible

edit on 7-11-2011 by gigaherc because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by gigaherc

hahaha this actually made me chuckle gigaherc!

post by SativaDub
show me a picture of a similar lens flare that would put my mind at ease.

Similar lens flare .

Congrats gortex, you have made your point... next time don't be so quick to dismiss a thread without any evidence to back up your claim. You would have quite happily left this thread with a big wide smile if i hadn't replied to your minimalist post... want a cookie for being a bit more mature? or perhaps a sticker?

To me your just one of those forum-bums. Good bye

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

post by SativaDub
Congrats gortex, you have made your point...

Thank you

post by SativaDub
want a cookie for being a bit more mature?

Ooooo yes please

post by SativaDub
To me your just one of those forum-bums. Good bye

Wait......what about my cookie .

You really shouldn't get so anti , you asked for an opinion and I gave you one , sorry if it wasn't long enough but I don't know what else I could have said , the picture is what it is .

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Nice of you not to call me a troll immediately and nice to see you can accept the fact of being mistaken. That's why we have this forums here. To know more, and sometimes for pure fun.

top topics

join