It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

earthquake felt in kansas!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
ok i dont have a source for this yet but it just happened 10:55 in wellington kansas on 11/5/2011. the earth shook and knocked over my mountain do. every one over here just looked at each other dumb founded on what just happened.

so i am posting this to see if any one else felt it. i am going to do some research and post back. let me know if any one can find any info on this
edit on 6-11-2011 by NISMOALTI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by NISMOALTI

You just felt the one from Oklahoma

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Missouri and ("near") Iowa weighing in with you!

Whats going on? The Big One yal?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Looks like you did feel Oklahoma's earthquake.
Here are the details. The time is off probably due to daylight savings.
USGS

Earthquake Details

This event has been reviewed by a seismologist.

Magnitude 5.2
Date-Time

Sunday, November 06, 2011 at 03:53:10 UTC
Saturday, November 05, 2011 at 10:53:10 PM at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

Location 35.599°N, 96.751°W
Depth 5 km (3.1 miles)
Region OKLAHOMA
Distances 34 km (21 miles) NNE of Shawnee, Oklahoma
63 km (39 miles) SSE of Stillwater, Oklahoma
68 km (42 miles) ESE of Guthrie, Oklahoma
71 km (44 miles) ENE of OKLAHOMA CITY, Oklahoma
Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 13.9 km (8.6 miles); depth +/- 3 km (1.9 miles)
Parameters NST=298, Nph=298, Dmin=208.2 km, Rmss=1.54 sec, Gp= 22°,
M-type=body wave magnitude (Mb), Version=9
Source

Magnitude: USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)

Event ID usb0006klz

Edit: Be sure to add it to the USGS "Did you feel it," in the left hand column.
edit on 5-11-2011 by collietta because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
ok i just looked it up and it was from Oklahoma earthquake wow! never felt any thing like that befor in my life

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Quake Watch has the last quake
listed as a revised 5.6. It may be
some time before we get reports
regarding damage. Anyone out
there in Oklahoma?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I felt it in KC,MO. LOL my first quake. I was just sitting at my computer desk and it started in the base of my chair. Then things started swaying. Did not last long maybe 5 seconds. I hope everyone's all right in OK.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I felt is far up as the New England states..I was like...oh another minor tremor. I have never felt a tremor in the USA . This is the second one I felt, the first being the DC quake...something strange is going on definitely.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Enid Oklahoma here.

Good times.
Thankfully looks like girlfriend is getting to sleep now without too much issue. I guess was asleep for the one last night, but this was the second I've caught here in Oklahoma...last one was the 4.3 or so quite awhile back. Thankfully no damage here at home tonight.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
I felt is far up as the New England states..I was like...oh another minor tremor. I have never felt a tremor in the USA . This is the second one I felt, the first being the DC quake...something strange is going on definitely.

Yeah, something seems fishy.

BTW the Duke LOL. Only seen that one episode of that show

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Yes, in Pawnee, Oklahoma, was laying in bed, we heard a rumbling and was asking each other "do you hear that"?!? It got louder, the windows started rattling, and the house was shaking, lasted less than a minute. I can't tell if there is any damage or cracks, as it is dark, will survey tomorrow.

My daughter was awaken by one last night, it was a 4.7 she was scared.

I reported the details to the USGS. The fam is a little shaken up, none of us have been through anything like that before, and I used to live near Fort Sill, and they used to be shelling like crazy when I was younger, but it doesn't compare to this.

Weird as hell for us in Oklahoma.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I just woke up and checked my facebook and all I see are posts from my friends in Kansas about this earthquake.

Now I am a bit creeped out about this and I will explain why. Does anyone remember that Scott LeBeau aka " Bug" from Youtube who talked about Post Glacial Rebound Effect?

Well I keep up with his Youtube channel. Every few months I go back and check out a handful of his new videos. About a year ago he kept saying to expect earthquakes in Oklahoma, Kansas, and a few other places. It struck me as odd because these places really are not known for earthquakes. What made his ideas different for me was that this guy put his money where his mouth is. About a year ago he literally 0packed up his home and went on a cross country road trip. He showed different things with the earth, in different states and tried his best to explain what it was. Even going to Michigan to check out the big crack in the earth that popped up over night and had a lot of on ATS saying 'WTF is that!?"

So for me this was a flag, as in if it were to happen, then maybe this guy is not such a pot head after all and may actually know what he is talking about. Well guess what? I'm thinking this guy may know exactly what he is talking about. I lived in Wichita Kansas for over 10 years and not once did I ever feel or know anything about an earthquake.

Now he has predicted an earthquake for Kansas in the area of 8.1. He has never offered a time table for his predictions, but as time goes on it is certainly appearing that he may be onto something. Granted this was not an 8.1 earthquake, but what if this is a precursor of whats to come? At this point I think it is a thought worth entertaining.

Here is one of his videos discussing midwest earthquakes.

Here is one were he does give a timetable for the New Madrid Fault. His prediction...24 months. This video was uploaded in December of 2009

I am not promoting this guy, I am just offering him up for discussion. I been checking him out for a long while now. Since early 2010. I have always found his ideas and explanations very interesting, but as time has gone on I keep seeing little things here and there that bring me back to things he has claimed and said. Maybe this old pot head is onto something? I don't know, but it appears he may be.

new topics

top topics

join