It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If I could?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Hello shooters out there!
After reading many of the threads, and posting my two cents worth. I do have a question to ask my friends here on ats weapons site. Now this is not about if the SHTF, or zombies from the other world attacks. My question is:
If you could, what would be the dream weapon for your collection? So with that, I will start. I would wish for the M-1941 Johnson Rifle

These are very rare, I have only seen two and have never fired one. It lost out to the M1 but some where used in WWII. Again, this is not about whats best, but what would you like to have. As a collector of older firearms I know what I would want, will be different than what you would dream for. Thanks again for your time!

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by oldshooter1979

Any weapon at this point
I still don't own one... too expensive
If I had to choose one though... MP5

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Johsnon auto carbineShooter you have almost picked the firearm of my dreams.

For me though it's the Johnson Auto carbine!

There were only 5 of them ever made one of which served with a marine throughout world war 2. It's a combination of the Johnson rifle and LMG components designed for maximum compact firepower.

edit on 5-11-2011 by roguetechie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by roguetechie
Johsnon auto carbineShooter you have almost picked the firearm of my dreams.

For me though it's the Johnson Auto carbine!

There were only 5 of them ever made one of which served with a marine throughout world war 2. It's a combination of the Johnson rifle and LMG components designed for maximum compact firepower.

edit on 5-11-2011 by roguetechie because: (no reason given)

I was at a gun show, one booth had two of the Johnsons. I have no idea what was the cost, they also had a M1911 made by Singer, I think they wanted $85,000 for it
Goodbye house. Thanks for the post..

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
well, i dont know why you guys would want those old muskets but to each his own.
for me, i was in the army in the 80's, so my weapon of choice would be the m16. i loved it!!!
why wouldnt you want a semi/full auto weapon?????

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Lone wolf the Johnson rifle is a short recoil operated semi automatic weapon with a 10 round magazine designed to be toppped up with stripper clips on the fly. It's chambered in 30 ought six primarily but can also fire 8mm mauser with ONLY a barrel change..... Oh did i mention that the barrel change will take you less than 5 seconds and only a bullet tip to accomplish?

The johnson rifle is a beautiful piece of history that was used by the paramarines and first special forces group at various times during world war 2.

Honestly I own a big nasty black assault rifle and I love it like it's one of my kids, BUT this was about what I'd buy if I could have anything I've been coveting for years. Unfortunately the johnson rifle has become popular in recent years with prices jumping to between 4 and 7 thousand dollars per rifle.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I would love to have an old WWII Garand. I think they were excellent weapons, very reliable very rugged. How many M-16s will hold up for 60+ years?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf10

I wish I could afford an old musket! The last 1851 Springfield musket I saw was somewhat costly!

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
There's many to list, I don't own one right now but plan on getting a weapon within the next few months, but i'll be "issued" one soon.

I personally think many of the weapons from WWII are beautiful. For me, it would be the M1A1 Thompson, BAR, M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, Gewehr 43/Sturmgewehr 44, MP40, FN SCAR-H and the list can keep going...

WWII GI Joes/Books are what got me into the military since I was around 7. When I was in ROTC during my freshman year I was on the colorguard and got to carry the "Tiger" M1 Garand. Just a camouflage version. I wanted to take it home badly.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

They'll be pushin' up daisies...
edit on 11/5/2011 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

I'm not sure what I have constitutes a collection, but I'd love to add this to the two other guns I have.
It looks very cool, and I enjoy long distance shooting. I'm also not bad at it. I intend to become better.

If it could be ANYTHING, I would also want one of these in the scoped paratrooper early version. I've heard they have the most unique sound of any firearm ever created. They're also extremely rare. No reproductions please!
edit on 5-11-2011 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I'd definitely second the motion on the FG 42 being a dream gun. However If I had the 5 grand it costs for a decent reproduction I'd buy one for sure. There's a company called SMG guns that is currently making new FG 42's that are apparently a dream to shoot.

FG 42 reproductions for sale

For anyone who's interested here's the link. Wish I had the money myself but no such luck.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

Nice! The 42 was one of the coolest german rifles of WWII. But then they had so many types of rifles during WWII. Gew 41, gew 43, K43, 98K, and the list goes on! Trying to have a collection of just german wwII rifles would be costly!

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Not to mention they're nearly impossible to find. I remember reading at one point that the fg-42 was so rare and sought after that collectors wouldn't sell them at all.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
The HK-21. It's always been a personal favorite. It's pretty much just a G3 with a belt feed system and quick change barrel.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Man this thread is chock full of oldies and goodies! This thread is making me drool. I've just started to get interested in belt fed weapons myself. BUT my budget is just way too tight to make owning a belt fed a reality.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Collection? My butt. If I was going to move to a nation which allowed the ownership of firearms, then I would purchase a Kriss Super V, and a pair of metalstorm system pistols, assuming I could get the funds together for it.

Its like anything , for me there is no point in collecting playing cards, notches on bed posts, or any damned thing else. You own what you can use, and if you dont use the hell out of something , there is no point owning it.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

I have fired a M-1941 Johnson Rifle owned by a family member on several occasions. It was issued to the Marines when M-1's were not available. It is recoil operated which eliminates the gas piston system [and attendant maintenance] but it does have many more parts that make it easy to screw up reassembly after cleaning. It seems to recoil a little less but that might not offset its other shortcomings. It holds two more rounds than the M1 clip. It also ejects cases hard enough to bruise anyone behind the shooter.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Wow ... I'm currently doing my best to model the m1941 johnson in autodesk Inventor from pictures I can find off the internet. Needless to say the task is not going all that great due to lack of detailed images, but i keep working at it.

I envy your chance to shoot the johnson rifle.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
My pick would be - A premier grade, Parker double, in 410 gauge. I believe one went for $100,000 or $200,000, a couple of years ago at an auction.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join