It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 1947 World Book Encyclopedia On Fascism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Well it would appear that the definition of life under fascism according to the 1947 World Book Encyclopedia Edition is extremely applicable to current day events.

I gathered these scans off some online clips and found them quite interesting, thought I'd at least share it hear on ATS...

Your thoughts?
Good day...

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
The USA is the 4th Reich... what more can I say?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
If it looks like crap, smells like crap, sounds like crap... it's probably crap.
Most people will only believe what they want to believe, even if the very definition of their reality is blatant and staring them in the face.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Follow That

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by steaming
Follow That

follow that with?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
In almost every instance of facist revolution ....the military are behind the whole shebang.

They have a mouth piece, whilst they execute the opposition with impunity.

When the US military start running the nation ...that is when facism will be a reality.

But the fact is Facism is just Military rule.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
yup!.... Known this for years now, oh, and just LOOK at the fascists who sit along the fasist wall behind Obama!!! Where's McCain????

IS THAT WHOOPIE GOLDBERG SITTING DIRECTLY UNDER THE FASCIST SYMBOL, BEHIND OBAMA?!!!

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
The world is ruled by symbols, not words. Looking at the symbols, you can plainly see that fascism is alive and well in the U.S.A. We are also worshiping Egyptian Gods, if you haven't noticed!

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

IS THAT WHOOPIE GOLDBERG SITTING DIRECTLY UNDER THE FASCIST SYMBOL, BEHIND OBAMA?!!!
reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo

Works for me... Whoopie Goldberg is insanity at it's finest..

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I wonder what the most recent World Book Encyclopedia (e.g. 2011, or the most recent year printed) would define fascism as? Has the definition in that book (and other books)changed over time?

If anyone could look that up it would interest me.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by rstregooski

The bronze fasces, representing a classical Roman symbol of civic authority, are located on both sides of the U.S. flag. The original Roman fasces consisted of an axe within a bundle of rods, bound together by a red strap. The fasces were carried before the consul and were used to restore order and carry out punishment of the courts. The U.S. adopted the fasces as a symbol of the authority of Congress in part due to their symbolic relationship with Republican Rome, which the founding fathers consciously referenced in the formation of the United States. The form of the fasces also symbolically refers to the philosophy of American democracy. Like the thin rods bound together in the fasces, the small individual states achieve their strength and stability through their union under the federal government.

artandhistory.house.gov...

The Fasces used in the House do not represent Fascism, though many members of the House are indeed Fascist.. we have a very Fascist government, their own special brand of it anyways.. but I do hate to see symbols misrepresented.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Grasping at straws here from what I can see. Sure there are some obviously fascist elements to our government (and honestly what government doesn't have at least a few) but I don't see how an entry from the World Book and two images pertaining to the US somehow makes a solid connection. A perfect example would be me claiming since the national flag of Germany has always featured the same three colors that the Third Reich never fell and the NSDAP was still in control there.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

The country is being run by the military industrial complex owned by the same cabal that controls the Fed, IMF and Bank of International Settlements. It's fascism with a modern twist.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
So, if you would look under "republicanism" in the same encyclopaedia would you come up with some other breathtaking similarities with how the USA is governed?

Probably.
Not that you are totally out of track here but it is not like you've uncovered the worlds best kept secret either.

Besides, isn't it so with the fasces as it is with the swastika? An ancient symbol that has been dragged in the dirt and covered with political filth of the worst kind.

I know that many police and security forces world wide have this symbol in their badge.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Made me think of a song I heard years ago. Let me introduce you to Woody Guthrie.

.:[Wikipedia Biography Click Here]:.

Now before you go and write this guy off he also wrote this little gem you may have heard before.

Too be honest I long for the artist of our country to help stand up with us against an oppressive government and world. Instead we get Lady Gaga in a Meat Dress.

Yes I know we have a few good musical artists out there speaking the truth. But you know what I'm saying I hope. They are one of our front line defenses against the ISM's problem, all of them.

f

new topics

top topics

join