It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN has 'compelling proof' Iran is building nuclear warheads.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Just found this article newly posted on a news outlet in the UK, searched ATS and not already posted..

There is a ‘compelling case’ that Iran is secretly building an arsenal of nuclear warheads, warns the United Nations.

As speculation mounts that Israel or the U.S. could lead a military strike against Iran, a report clearly rejects Tehran’s claims its nuclear programme is for peaceful purposes only.

SOURCE

Well if this is true, which i believe it is then it's the final nail in the cofin, once they have the backing of the UN’s International Atomic Energy Agency and the IAEA it's basically a green like for countries like the UK, US to attack, I just hope no other country is stupid enough to join Irans side, they will come worse off and i can bet my bottom pound that there have been undercover agents (special forces) planted in iran for months waiting to strike and take their nukes offline so they can't launch in case war breaks out.

Get your tin helmets on people and remember, if we get bombed.... hide under the stairs.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

Why would you believe it's true? Just curious. I mean, they thought they had evidence of the same thing in Iraq? Do we really want to be able to say " yeah we totally made that mistake again" and just in ten years. Damn our people are dumb.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Even if this is true (which i seriously doubt), so what? Iran is a sovereign country like the US, Russia, China or Pakistan, all which have nukes, and if they have them, so can anyone.

But this is beside the point, we have seen the same card used against IRAQ, which was proven to be false, after the US already invaded and killed thousands of innocent people over it. We are not gullible enough this time to believe it, and as i said, even if it was true, so what? Nothing is worth starting a war over.

As a side note, i must say Iran has a right to feel threatened by Israel, having their nukes pointed at their head all the time, having to contend with all kinds of bull# threats from this small insignificant country, despite being a much larger country itself, with an obligation to protect lots of more people from this bully.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itop1
There is a ‘compelling case’ that Iran is secretly building an arsenal of nuclear warheads, warns the United Nations.

Maybe what they should do is get somebody trustworthy, like Colin Powell, to do a slideshow presentation to the UN of the proof of these WMD's.
Because most people believed that last time around.

And in any case, its still never been satisfactorily explained to me why a #ELOAD of countries around the world are allowed to have nuclear weapons, but we should bomb one particular back to the stone age if we merely suspect it has.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

'Compelling case?'

Which is...?

Wanting a war with Iran so a pipeline can be built across thier territory is not the same as actually having a reason. With all the lies that have been pushed upon us to justify the last few conflicts I'm going to have to insist that some actual proof be presented this time.

Otherwise this is the same BS.

Proof please and thank you...something more concrete than the recent I know a guy who knows a guy who said...

edit on 5-11-2011 by [davinci] because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Posted on YT in 07.. Compelling Proof my ass..

More like propaganda..

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

The UN never agreed that Iraq had WMDs which is why a UN resolution was never passed for the last gulf War. The UK, US and other allies went ahead with it contarary to the UN report.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
What, did Colin Powell show up at the security council meeting with a sample of fake plutonium, and demand the right to kill the absolute hell out of anyone within the nation he says has the real stuff?

Again?
edit on 5/11/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Didn't stop our leader from taking us to Libya. They will just pull the "war has started were already involved, sorry the people have no say" card. I'm sure they aren't going to poll the people and give them a heads up and see "how they feel" about it.
edit on 5-11-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
The Daily Mail.

Renowned for making up more stories than Disney. Absolutely useless as a source of anything except for dis info.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
If they dont have the nuclear weapon capacity and are just a peaceful nation then why wont they allow UN to come in and look at whatever and wherever they choose to prove themselves so peaceful. Im a peaceful guy which to me means i want to be friendly to everyone i can which in turn so often means inviting people into my home my intentions etc., etc.
I personally feel that our operation there should be showing up and give ultimatum of agreeing to searches or face search by force. I also believe that when countries are invaded, the victor takes the spoils/booty. At least take what they came there for.More than one country and its divided equally amongst them. To be sure this offsets the cost of battle and assures country attacking isnt bankrupt afterwards.Seems thats what they did since biblical times. We destroy everything and then go in and rebuild it for em. That has to stop too.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
did they not say that about iran at one time? weapons of mass destruction?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by Itop1

Why would you believe it's true? Just curious. I mean, they thought they had evidence of the same thing in Iraq? Do we really want to be able to say " yeah we totally made that mistake again" and just in ten years. Damn our people are dumb.

Because this is Obama not Bush Jr. looking to get his oil well back. Obama doesn't come from a filthy rich family that is a part of the illuminati. The Bush family has had ulterior motives for invading Iraq, and who knows? Military intelligence says that there were womd in Iraq they were just moved across the border to Syria when the U.S. invaded. This is the same military intelligence that pointed the finger at the islamic jihadists before they flew the planes into the old WTC on 9/11 that Bush Jr. knew about and did nothing.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I'm all for defence by offence, why not take precautions? If it means my country and my citizens are safe from a dangerous country, then So be it. maybe we'll get a bonus of a lil bit of oil.

Don't get me wrong, I'm against war. Democracy and politics should sort things out, but I'm sure talking to these old fashioned eastern dictators is like trying to persuade a child to eat its greens.

So in my opinion, 'just leaving them to it because everyone has them anyway' is foolish.

Back to a child example, and I'll leave you with this:-

would you leave a child of 8, in the possession of matches?
edit on 5-11-2011 by Wolvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by Itop1

If you read back, there was no evidence actually, the UK/US just went gung ho on their own gut feelings, this time it's different, you have two independant bodys that have actually been there and seen, saying they are building nukes, the Ayatollah's are fanatics and they would not hesitate to use a nuke against the west if given the chance.

It's also known that Iran have secret underground nuclear enrichment facilitys where they can build their bombs without fear of us blowing them up, if it WAS completely harmless then why hide it out of view and not tell anyone? Sounds fishy to me!

Iran moves nuclear enrichment programme to underground bunker
Iran has begun efforts to shift its nuclear enrichment programme to an underground bunker where experts warn it could stage a last dash for a nuclear weapon

Source

We made a mistake going to iraq, i agree, but Iran is not iraq and this time it's not just the US or UK that are saying they have nukes, Iran also work with North Korea who are also trying to build a nuke.
edit on 5-11-2011 by Itop1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by scotsdavy1
did they not say that about iran at one time? weapons of mass destruction?

It's the west that uses weapons of mass distraction

new topics

top topics

join