It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth...we don't have a problem? (YU55 confirmed)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Two things bear repeating here...
1) NASA/JPL/scientists world wide have all the data needed to determine if it is going to impact...so far, the analysis of the data states it is not going to impact...and this is what they have published and released to the world...it is out there for the entire world to see...
2) A small portion of the population who has access to the information state beyond equivocation that NASA/JPL/scientists world wide are:

1. Wrong in their calculations; or,
  2. Lying to the world in order to be part of some vast conspiracy.

This begs some further analysis...Could NASA/JPL/scientists world wide be wrong in their calculations? Of course...after all, someone could enter a "1" instead of a "0." But with all the people fact checking, proof reading, and scouring the data and data entry for confirmation, this seems unlikely...

Finally, we are left with the lying as part of a conspiracy...So, even if NASA/JPL/scientists world wide made an announcement it was going to hit, the small population would treat this announcement as did the town with the, "boy who cried wolf?" Doubtful...Please, if your interest truly is to benefit humanity (a noble purpose) and you have real life data to present conclusively demonstrating YU55 will strike the Earth in the Pacific on November 8, 2011, kindly present that data...You will be applauded and lauded and hailed as Saviours of Mankind: instantaneously installed as Emperors of the World and Harbingers of Peace and Joy...

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
either way, 3days from now we find out the truth. I am not nervous, just hoping that I can live to hear this emergency alert...Nah, i work overnights. I'll be sleeping at 3.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by VariableConstant

His entire basis for this claim stems from the fact that the APEC conference is going on in Hawaii at that point.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

So you attack my character and then admit you're wrong in the next post? Numerous asteroids are discovered every year and due to the limited number of observations early on many are included on the potentially hazardous asteroid list. As their condition code decreases from more observations most are removed. To date no asteroid has ever had a higher rating on the Torino Scale than Apophis, which has since been removed. Are you sure you're not thinking of the 1983 Washington Post article that Nibiru-philes love to use as "proof" of a Destroyer?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by ButterCookie

So you attack my character and then admit you're wrong in the next post? Numerous asteroids are discovered every year and due to the limited number of observations early on many are included on the potentially hazardous asteroid list. As their condition code decreases from more observations most are removed. To date no asteroid has ever had a higher rating on the Torino Scale than Apophis, which has since been removed. Are you sure you're not thinking of the 1983 Washington Post article that Nibiru-philes love to use as "proof" of a Destroyer?

Where did you get that I 'attacked your character?'

Wow...

Calm down...the world is not out to get you.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
YU55 is what, 3 football fields in size?

Not that dangerous but still not something that you want hitting your planet, especially near an urban area. I'm fine with JPL's calculations despite not trusting JPL. The only thing that I question is WTF Elenin was all about. That thing was a hardcore topic for a while. Now YU55 seems to be taken much more lightly, but much more covered.

I guess we should hope that an X-Class doesn't mess with Mr. 55 as these massive sunspots face us during that time-frame.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by murkraz
YU55 is what, 3 football fields in size?

Not that dangerous but still not something that you want hitting your planet, especially near an urban area. I'm fine with JPL's calculations despite not trusting JPL. The only thing that I question is WTF Elenin was all about. That thing was a hardcore topic for a while. Now YU55 seems to be taken much more lightly, but much more covered.

I guess we should hope that an X-Class doesn't mess with Mr. 55 as these massive sunspots face us during that time-frame.

2marrows the day...time to get excited

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Newz2387

I have to admit. I am a little bit worried about this. Just seems really funny that you mention it will be passing by as they do the emergency broadcast test. Is this really true? Are there any facts to support that they both will happen at aproximately the same time?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Dont be nervous, if it hits there is nothing we can do about it so no need to be nervous
to be honest O am more nervous about the criminals running America.

For example the level 4 bioweapons being kept in only level 2 capable facilities near main cities in the USA, I mean, what the hell is that all about!!

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar
Dont be nervous, if it hits there is nothing we can do about it so no need to be nervous
to be honest O am more nervous about the criminals running America.

For example the level 4 bioweapons being kept in only level 2 capable facilities near main cities in the USA, I mean, what the hell is that all about!!

?Iono

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
There are already a zillion threads on this - here and elsewhere. I can't believe people are still just cottoning on!
Look I doubt it that thousands of professional and amateur astronomers thoughout the world are in on some grand conspiracy to invent a fake trajectory etc. The facts are it is expected to miss us and the moon. The facts are it is not expected to affect gravity etc. BUT - nothing is ever 100%.
So keep a little aware but don't get paranoid.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by starchild10
There are already a zillion threads on this - here and elsewhere. I can't believe people are still just cottoning on!
Look I doubt it that thousands of professional and amateur astronomers thoughout the world are in on some grand conspiracy to invent a fake trajectory etc. The facts are it is expected to miss us and the moon. The facts are it is not expected to affect gravity etc. BUT - nothing is ever 100%.
So keep a little aware but don't get paranoid.

well 3hrs to go

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Can someone tell me, what's with the 10++ threads on ATS? Places you can see YU55 being discussed: 2012, Science&Technology, Fragile Earth, Space Exploration, maybe crazyness of people can go as far as calling it demons, so I will not be surprised if it exists in Religion forums or even UFO forums

I just have 1 thing to say:
Do not belittle objects even with diameter of 200-500 km. Colliding with the Earth could release a powerful energy that can cause earthquakes and tsunamies or volcanic eruption, based on the location they fall.

This YU 2005 may not be of that kind let's see what my Astronomy professor told us about 2028 and it seems there will be an object in 2029 as well, obviously this YU55 is not closer to the Earth than some future objects are expected to be.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by freetree64

No. It's not a coincidence. It's called turning interest into profit. I wish people would stop all of this "Hollywood is disclosing...." crap.

Just take a marketing course and it will all make sense!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join