It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth...we don't have a problem? (YU55 confirmed)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
"The bad news first: An asteroid the size of an aircraft carrier will be hurtling toward Earth and is expected to fly between the Earth and the moon on Tuesday. The good news: The space rock will not, repeat not, hit Earth. Even though NASA has classified asteroid 2005 YU55 as a "potentially hazardous object." Even though it will pass closer than all other large asteroids have done in the past 35 years. It will do just that: pass by."

Close encounter of an asteroid kind:

So it is confirmed, YU55 will pass during the National Emergency Broadcasting but it is not a hazard? this is a pretty big coincidence and I must admit I am a little nervous. Anyone else? The link provides a picture of the asteroid. I know many threads are on this, but I figured to post considering it just made yahoo news. I think it is funny how this site is updated on the going on's of the world more than Yahoo does. I see things on here, days before any other site where you get your sources on the worlds daily news. Is this EMS taking place in a bunker out at the denver airport now? Rest easy...eerily spooky

To quote a response:
"I love expert guarantees... The Titanic couldn't sink, nuclear reactors are safe, and the economy is geting better. Personally, I never bet 100% against Nature."-REAL TALK
edit on 4-11-2011 by Newz2387 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Newz2387
"The bad news first: An asteroid the size of an aircraft carrier will be hurtling toward Earth and is expected to fly between the Earth and the moon on Tuesday. The good news: The space rock will not, repeat not, hit Earth. Even though NASA has classified asteroid 2005 YU55 as a "potentially hazardous object." Even though it will pass closer than all other large asteroids have done in the past 35 years. It will do just that: pass by."

Close encounter of an asteroid kind:

So it is confirmed, YU55 will pass during the National Emergency Broadcasting but it is not a hazard? this is a pretty big coincidence and I must admit I am a little nervous. Anyone else? The link provides a picture of the asteroid. I know many threads are on this, but I figured to post considering it just made yahoo news. I think it is funny how this site is updated on the going on's of the world more than Yahoo does. I see things on here, days before any other site where you get your sources on the worlds daily news. Is this EMS taking place in a bunker out at the denver airport now? Rest easy...eerily spooky

To quote a response:
"I love expert guarantees... The Titanic couldn't sink, nuclear reactors are safe, and the economy is geting better. Personally, I never bet 100% against Nature."-REAL TALK
edit on 4-11-2011 by Newz2387 because: (no reason given)

More worried about Apophis than YU55. Kthxbai.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Never heard of that 1 (apophis) just researched it and thx. Russian scientist are saying that this one could/will hit in 2036...Ill probably still be alive to witness that 1 too. I would be 49 or 50, depending on when it would hit Earth. Either way, think we really would last that long?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

How polite and mature...

Nice thread btw... didnt know about that asteroid up there

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

How polite and mature...

Nice thread btw... didnt know about that asteroid up there

Atleast somebody had to break the news

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
It's got me a little uneasy personally. I've been watching it for months. Elenin never worried me, but this one does. A little fear is a good thing when it comes to objects such as YU55. With no fear, we wouldn't try to figure out how to deflect such objects in the future.

This just shows that there really is a need for not only a space program, but a need for asteroid detection and ways to defend ourselves when we get an actual hit someday. (2036)

Plus I do not trust NASA or JPL's calculations enough to blow this one off.

I'm just glad that it is getting some attention, if nothing else to keep the pressure on the worlds space programs to do something about it for the next time.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
It's got me a little uneasy personally. I've been watching it for months. Elenin never worried me, but this one does. A little fear is a good thing when it comes to objects such as YU55. With no fear, we wouldn't try to figure out how to deflect such objects in the future.

This just shows that there really is a need for not only a space program, but a need for asteroid detection and ways to defend ourselves when we get an actual hit someday. (2036)

Plus I do not trust NASA or JPL's calculations enough to blow this one off.

I'm just glad that it is getting some attention, if nothing else to keep the pressure on the worlds space programs to do something about it for the next time.

I didn't stress Elenin either honestly. I agree this IS the reason to keep up with the space programs. As far with calculations, man does make simple mathematical errors. Look at Harold Campling

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Am I worried? No. Am I going to check SpaceWeather.com on the 10th Nov to see if an amateur astronomer took a cool photo? Yes.

But thanks for the reminder nonetheless. The timing of its pass and FEMA test are certainly co-incidental, but life is one long string of unavoidable co-incidences that pretty much amount to requiring nothing more than a double-take.

I was reading how there's only ever been one injury on Earth from a spacerock, and that's cos it bounced off a woman's radio and hit her leg. Ha, gutted!

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by markymint
Am I worried? No. Am I going to check SpaceWeather.com on the 10th Nov to see if an amateur astronomer took a cool photo? Yes.

But thanks for the reminder nonetheless. The timing of its pass and FEMA test are certainly co-incidental, but life is one long string of unavoidable co-incidences that pretty much amount to requiring nothing more than a double-take.

I was reading how there's only ever been one injury on Earth from a spacerock, and that's cos it bounced off a woman's radio and hit her leg. Ha, gutted!

Yea they have a pic on link btw (not sure if you clicked). I can't wait to see the images. I wish I had a telescope but nope. Imagine this wasn't a coincidence. This world would end where ATS has BEEN trying to begin-a "dead on" conspiracy that indeed was NOT a coincidental conspiracy. Meaning reality

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Newz2387

2005 YU55 will be making its close approach almost a full 24 hours before the emergency alert test, the tsunami test, and any other test or even occurring on the 9th. This is an asteroid whose orbit has been plotted for the next 100 years at least and it has been found to pose no threat. Also, how many more threads do we need on this thing? At least with Elenin every thread had its own crazy theory. With 2005 YU55 though it's just the same thing over and over again.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Never heard of that 1 (apophis) just researched it and thx. Russian scientist are saying that this one could/will hit in 2036...Ill probably still be alive to witness that 1 too. I would be 49 or 50, depending on when it would hit Earth. Either way, think we really would last that long?

You're assuming you'll live another 24 years? How can one say they'll "probably" be alive.. talk about taking life for granted.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Tommorow night "FX Network" is showing "Armageddon".....

Coincedence?????

A movie about an Asteroid hitting earth, less than 24 hrs before an Asteroid passes earth.....

Hmmmmmmmm

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

You're assuming you'll live another 24 years? How can one say they'll "probably" be alive.. talk about taking life for granted.

yeah probably

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

You people seem to be seriously mentally #ed up. If you seriously think "you wont make it the next 24 years"...i recommend seeing a doctor because i consider this REALLY a problem.

But then..people who believe an asteroid will hit them every two weeks or so...no wonder you have doubts you will live another 24 years. Sad people, sad people you are...

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
The asteroid that (supposedly) killed off the dinosaurs was about 10 km in diameter and hit with 100 million megatons of force. The asteroid that made the huge crater in Arizona was about 54 yards across, 20 yards in diameter, and hit the Earth with about 10 megatons of force it is about 1,200 meters in diameter, some 170 meters deep, and is surrounded by a rim that rises 45 meters above the surrounding plains.. If an aircraft carrier sized Asteroid hit Earth I believe at least half of the worlds population would die. If the asteroid hit the water instead...well that's a different story

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123

You people seem to be seriously mentally #ed up. If you seriously think "you wont make it the next 24 years"...i recommend seeing a doctor because i consider this REALLY a problem.

But then..people who believe an asteroid will hit them every two weeks or so...no wonder you have doubts you will live another 24 years. Sad people, sad people you are...

Technically, you're the one with the mental issue considering I wasn't implying that the world will end in less than 24 years. I'm saying no man should take for granted that he will wake up tomorrow. Far fetched? I don't think so.. Life don't last forever. Next time you go on a mini rant, be sure you understand what the # you're ranting about.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   

No clue if we will still be around by then. We might be providing Christ doesn't return, or some aliens invade earth and blow us all to hell, or nuclear war escalates between Israel and Iran and they both start spraying and praying with their nuclear payloads and kill everyone else in between. Were living in dangerous times, more so than any time period on earth before our age. Humanity is so damned hellbent on destroying itself, it's more of a possiblility that we will not be here.

Normally i am a glass is half full type of guy, but lately something has definately changed.

Apophis will fly so close it is practically going to scrape our atmosphere and if it hits the key hole when it passes us in the next several years, when it comes back in 2036 it will hit the earth. YU55 on the other hand is 202k miles away from the earth, that's a pretty long ways considering it's a 3 day travel to the moon from earth. NASA says you will be able to see Apophis with the naked eye because it will be that close there will be no mistaking what it is.
edit on 5-11-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

This isn't your typical asteroid. Doesn't look all that natural. I'm more concerned with them trying to "soft" land it for retrieval.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123

1st off, guy...life always takes unexpected turns. I dont know if I'll make it 2marrow and neither do you for your own. You can crash, get hit, shot, stabbed, cancer 4 all I know and not make it another 12months. I appreciate life's movie and iv'e been through enough that if "the director yelled cut...i'd be fine"

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

No clue if we will still be around by then. We might be providing Christ doesn't return, or some aliens invade earth and blow us all to hell, or nuclear war escalates between Israel and Iran and they both start spraying and praying with their nuclear payloads and kill everyone else in between. Were living in dangerous times, more so than any time period on earth before our age. Humanity is so damned hellbent on destroying itself, it's more of a possiblility that we will not be here.

Normally i am a glass is half full type of guy, but lately something has definately changed.

Apophis will fly so close it is practically going to scrape our atmosphere and if it hits the key hole when it passes us in the next several years, when it comes back in 2036 it will hit the earth. YU55 on the other hand is 202k miles away from the earth, that's a pretty long ways considering it's a 3 day travel to the moon from earth. NASA says you will be able to see Apophis with the naked eye because it will be that close there will be no mistaking what it is.
edit on 5-11-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

Well, we got hell to pay and are in debt to mother nature. Im guessing that shes the loan shark trying to collect or break our legs...we broke so I know where this is going to end in the long run. A thank you and good bye

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join