It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Virginia Post Office Evacuated After Package Explodes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

West Virginia Post Office Evacuated After Package Explodes

www.foxnews.com

A West Virginia post office has been evacuated after a package exploded and firefighters said a white powder escaped.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Hopefully this is not as it appears, possible Bio attack or fake powder hopefully.

I cannot find any other occurances similar to this thankfully.

Be on the lookout for other attacks or explosives if this is coordinated.

Possible link to the guys just caught in connection with homemade ricin.

This is not good.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
www.ajc.com...

These guys, possibly annother member/accomplice?
Having nothing to lose, being in connection and inevitibly implicated as on of the members of the group striking out on their own as a last ditch?

lets hope not.

NO WORD ON TO WHOM THE PACKAGE WAS ADDRESSED TO...
edit on 4-11-2011 by paratus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
The white powder escaped?

It wasnt blown out with the explosive force? It sat, waited for an opening, then ran out of the package shouting "FREEDOM!!"?

I wonder if it'll be the new "hot" item in public paranoia, ricin.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Oh maaan this freaks me out, this isn't far from my house. If I find out any interesting details ill update the thread.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
The white powder escaped?

It wasnt blown out with the explosive force? It sat, waited for an opening, then ran out of the package shouting "FREEDOM!!"?

I wonder if it'll be the new "hot" item in public paranoia, ricin.

Maybe it was just a small explosive charge in place to distribute the "white powder".
We shall see

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I was just reading about this. No, it is not good. But fortunately, they have not detected any chemicals yet, and the 15 quarantined have showed no signs of contamination. Either way, we don't need packages exploding in our post offices.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenObserver
Oh maaan this freaks me out, this isn't far from my house. If I find out any interesting details ill update the thread.

www.abc6onyourside.com...

"15 quarantined in powdery package blast in W.Va.

quarantined. Key word replaces BC-WV--Post Office Evacuation on

state lines.

RANSON, W.Va. (AP) -- Authorities have evacuated a West Virginia

post office after a package exploded and sprayed an unidentified

white powder".

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by iunlimited491

The incident occurred about 7:45 a.m. Friday at the U.S. Post

Office in the small town of Ranson..

Neither Jefferson County emergency services nor State Police

would immediately comment, but the Special Operations division says

it has bomb technician at the scene.

A robot has been sent inside to test the air.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Why is there always a FBI/CIA "informant" involved in plots such as these?

The meetings were monitored by the FBI and secretly tape recorded by a confidential informant helping the FBI, according to sworn affidavits unsealed Tuesday.

Not saying these guys weren't up to no good, but something smells fishy here.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Iran did it!

Or was it?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by paratus
www.ajc.com...

These guys, possibly annother member/accomplice?
Having nothing to lose, being in connection and inevitibly implicated as on of the members of the group striking out on their own as a last ditch?

lets hope not.

NO WORD ON TO WHOM THE PACKAGE WAS ADDRESSED TO...
edit on 4-11-2011 by paratus because: (no reason given)

.....U.S. Attorney Sally Yates said that as the U.S. government focuses on terrorist threats by violent international extremists, “This case demonstrates that we must also remain vigilant in protecting our country from citizens within our borders who threaten our safety and security.”

Thomas, Roberts, Adams and others who attended the meetings discussed targeting various government officials, federal authorities said. The meetings were monitored by the FBI and secretly tape recorded by a confidential informant helping the FBI, according to sworn affidavits unsealed Tuesday....

Caution: secretly tape recorded by a confidential informant

With these words we enter the real possibility (proven over and over) that the tale is about someone in the room who was also saying "Hell yeah" and "Damn straight" - but isn't being charged.
edit on 4-11-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

With these words we enter the real possibility (proven over and over) that the tale is about someone in the room who was also saying "Hell yeah" and "Damn straight" - but isn't being charged.

Government making it's own problems again. Egg on a bunch of lunatics for months or years, go so far as to supply them with weapons and materials then point and shout: "see, I told you these people couldnt be trusted!"

They arm cartels, ship in drugs to sell to us, fabricate excuses to bomb foreign countries, it's a no-brainer they would instigate their own "home grown" terror plots. Gives their lives meaning and purpose and keeps the moron mass just timid enough to obey.

Come to think of it, there's always an informant. It's like no individual or group ever takes any action without an informant being involved somewhere down the line. As if to have a successful attack you need an informant present or involved.
edit on 4-11-2011 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
www.kwch.com...

Another more thorough report

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by Maxmars

Government making it's own problems again. Egg on a bunch of lunatics for months or years, go so far as to supply them with weapons and materials then point and shout: "see, I told you these people couldnt be trusted!"

They arm cartels, ship in drugs to sell to us, fabricate excuses to bomb foreign countries, it's a no-brainer they would instigate their own "home grown" terror plots. Gives their lives meaning and purpose and keeps the moron mass just timid enough to obey.

Come to think of it, there's always an informant. It's like no individual or group ever takes any action without an informant being involved somewhere down the line. As if to have a successful attack you need an informant present or involved.
edit on 4-11-2011 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

That is SOOOO true, They probably could not stop a real threat if their OWN lives depended on it, but it is only OUR lives on the line so who gives a crap about REAL threats.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by paratus
www.kwch.com...

Another more thorough report

No traces of a powdery substance were found, and no evidence of an explosion was found inside the post office, said Fletcher, who was designated as the incident spokesman.

“The package was intact. We didn’t have any explosions inside,” Fletcher said.

Makes you wonder, no?

Maybe they "knew" that it was supposed to explode... and that a white powder was "supposed" be dispersed....

But nah.... can't be... right?
edit on 4-11-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Baking soda and vinegar! Just a guess...lol, my son was filling balloons with the mix yesterday...what a mess!

Either that or the zombie apocalypse has begun!
edit on 4-11-2011 by outandopen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Wow. Went from full on exploding bio weapon with simultaneous quarantine and evacuation and FBI robots to nothing happening at all in a couple of hours.

What the hell.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Either this was a piss-poor job of reporting, embellishing the event to make it sound more newsworthy, or something was supposed to occur but never did.

They reported an explosion.....there wasn't one.

They reported a white substance....there wasn't any.

So if none of this actually occurred then what would cause this whole ordeal?

Like I said before, this is fishy!

edit on 4-11-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join