It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling all people who live out in the country

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I live pretty far out in the woods and lately when I'm outside I encounter this extremely uncomfortable still silence. I'm used to quite but its more the stillness that bothers me. It's as if someone freezed frame the world and I'm I've become deaf. I know it sounds silly but has anyone else encountered this?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by concerned24

Yes, and it is great. I understand what you are saying though, and it is a bit unnerving, but, I still love it.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I don't live in the country but I use to.
Are you seeing wildlife? What about
animal sounds?

I have felt that stillness in the country
before. It always made me feel like
I was alone, truly alone (almost like
the only person existing at the moment).

edit on 3-11-2011 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I live in town and have noticed this... I don't know what it means or why it is. It's almost like there's some sort of dampening happening to the senses. Not saying it's a conspiracy or anything, I just find it strange.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Well, if you're an ADHD'er like me, it's because you still have not given up you hunter-gatherer tendencies of paranoia and what not. I just accept it, it's a part of me. It's why I would never be able to work in an office, but it's also why I can show compassion to my fellow man. I'm telling you, maybe it's the ones without ADHD who are messed up lol.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
It sounds like when Carlos Castaneda "Stopped the World".

The world is a mystery. This, what you're looking at, is not all there is to it. There is much more to the world, so much more, in fact, that it is endless. So when you're trying to figure it out, all you're really doing is trying to make the world familiar. You and I are right here, in the world that you call real, simply because we both know it. You don't know the world of power, therefore you cannot make it into a familiar scene.

Once you know what it is like to stop the world you realize there is a reason for it. You see, one of the arts of the warrior is to collapse the world for a specific reason and then restore it again in order to keep on living.

Someday you will live like a warrior, in spite of yourself. I have taught you nearly everything a warrior needs to know in order to start off in the world, storing power by himself. It takes a lifelong struggle to be by oneself in the world of power.

Carlos Castaneda

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I live in the city and I felt this happen this morning. Absolute stillness and quiet for a brief moment. I'm sure it was just me but was unnerving and exciting at the same time.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

No, actually my dog and cat either decide to sleep or lay down and relax. No birds no crickets. Nothing. But I accept it. Just would like a explanation. But we don't always get answers.

link   

No, actually my dog and cat either decide to sleep or lay down and relax. No birds no crickets. Nothing. But I accept it. Just would like a explanation. But we don't always get answers.

link   

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
That happens in the winter.
The animals all run away and hide if they can. Perfectly normal.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

Yes I considered that. However its still high 60s low 70s here. Very warm some days

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
The Winter stillness is quite common and on a clear crisp night, it is absolutely beautiful. The best times are when the atmosphere is calm (not a single twinkling star) which makes star viewing much easier.
edit on 3-11-2011 by Vageryn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucidity
I live in the city and I felt this happen this morning. Absolute stillness and quiet for a brief moment. I'm sure it was just me but was unnerving and exciting at the same time.

It is like waiting for the other shoe to drop .

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I am glad to hear that I am not alone in noticing this. I have noticed this for a while now.
At first I connected it to the great reduction in construction projects,new homes, additions, etc.
Then I realised there is a lot less air traffic as well. So if figured this has something to do with it also.
Add to that the unemployment levels, and you have less commuter traffic. That is the logic that first
crossed my mind. Personally, I rather enjoy the quiet life. But you know, it is a rather eerie silence. It almost sounds like......
The Calm Before the Storm. I hope I am wrong.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by concerned24
I live pretty far out in the woods and lately when I'm outside I encounter this extremely uncomfortable still silence. I'm used to quite but its more the stillness that bothers me. It's as if someone freezed frame the world and I'm I've become deaf. I know it sounds silly but has anyone else encountered this?

I don't live in the woods, but I do live in the country. I know what you mean, but after a cleansing of my property and my house, I no longer feel the creepiness I once felt. I love living in the country, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. Yes, there are times when I feel time has passed me by, but I feel a great peace about it.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Do you live near an earthquake fault line or zone? It's been noticed that before a big earthquake, the local wildlife deserts the area; I certainly hope that's not the case, but it may be one potential explanation for the unnatural stillness you are experiencing.

(Oops, just noticed you mentioned your dog and cat. If they've been acting either really agitated, or really clingy--i.e. unusually affectionate, not wanting to leave your side--you might have a problem. Otherwise, it's probably something completely different. An interesting case, nonetheless.)

edit on 3-11-2011 by icanhaz because: correction

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
out here when all goes silent its one of two things in most cases..
1. Tiger prowling the area
2. Humans approaching not that often though as am extremely remote from cities.. Can tell by the sounds and smell when its humans - people from the city have a stench to them unlike the local villagers..
Most of the animals out here also extremely deadly. In addition to being the perfect early warning system
edit on 3/11/11 by Expat888 because: hungover tengu

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by antoinemarionette
It sounds like when Carlos Castaneda "Stopped the World".

The world is a mystery. This, what you're looking at, is not all there is to it. There is much more to the world, so much more, in fact, that it is endless. So when you're trying to figure it out, all you're really doing is trying to make the world familiar. You and I are right here, in the world that you call real, simply because we both know it. You don't know the world of power, therefore you cannot make it into a familiar scene.

Once you know what it is like to stop the world you realize there is a reason for it. You see, one of the arts of the warrior is to collapse the world for a specific reason and then restore it again in order to keep on living.

Someday you will live like a warrior, in spite of yourself. I have taught you nearly everything a warrior needs to know in order to start off in the world, storing power by himself. It takes a lifelong struggle to be by oneself in the world of power.

Carlos Castaneda

Ahhhhh Senoir Castaneda
www.angelfire.com...

Well said about the silence.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join