It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran sentences two soccer players to public lashings for inappropriate goal celebration

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I stumbled on to this disturbing article posted on a popular soccer forum I frequent often...

Iran sentences footballers to 74 whippings for inappropriate gay acts

TEHRAN — Two Iranian soccer players who engaged in “inappropriate” celebratory behavior during a game broadcast on national television might be sentenced 74 public lashings on the pitch, the Iran’s Fars News Agency reported Tuesday.

Iran members of parliament, sports officials and judges have called for the “swift punishment” of Mohammad Nosrati and Sheys Rezaei, two soccer stars who play for one of Iran’s most popular clubs, Tehran-based Persepolis.

After one of their teammates scored the winning goal of a 3-2 match on Saturday, ending a long losing streak, Nosrati touched Rezaei’s butt as they and their teammates jumped on one another in celebration.

“This shameless act upset, angered, and outraged Iranian sports fans,” said cleric Jalal Yahyazadeh, who is a member of parliament. “What happened is absolutely not acceptable because it was a very ugly thing,” he added.

In Iran homosexuality is punishable by imprisonment, corporal punishment, and even execution of the accused. Some other things forbidden in Iran include spiky hair, pet dogs, Facebook, ponytails, mannequins, rap music and ties.

It's a good thing baseball isn't popular in Iran.

Here are some more gems linked from the same article...

Iranian actress sentenced to 90 lashes for role in western movie

Shirtless men, love stories, and western cooking banned in Iran

To those of you who descibe the Iranian dictatorship as peaceful and tolerant, chew on that for a while.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Expect plenty of this, its called propaganda.
Sway public opinion into thinking Iran is a Major threat.Has slowly been ramping up over the last 12 months.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by iceblue20-12
Sway public opinion into thinking Iran is a Major threat.Has slowly been ramping up over the last 12 months.

The article is posted from a media outlet in Zimbabwe. It's not propoganda. Unfortunately, it's true.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I find it incredible that people would live in a society like this. America is no joy, like arresting pregnant woman for $5 sandwiches and putting their 2 year old in Protective Services. Governments and Religious organizations have one major thing in common. Tey think they have the right to mold and control EVERYONE. I hope I live to see the day it is all brought down.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
just one of MILLIONS of reason that i am glad i live in this country!

they should send some of those hippies at those OWS down to iran, if they can survive for a month i bet they'll be more gratefull to live in this country

U.S.A!

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Humanity4Ever

Disclaimer: The information on this website is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees of accuracy and confers no rights

Seems to be true though, here is another source.

english.farsnews.com...

edit on 3-11-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Whether or not we agree with it, as being right or wrong... the Iranian people obviously dont mind this taking place, as the article suggests sports fans were in fact disgusted by the players behavior.

I dont agree with it, and personally I think lashings are barbaric, unless we got a hold of some of our politicians. This doesnt negate the fact that what may seem barbaric to some cultures is perfectly acceptable, and even agreed upon by others.

Being a supporter of freedom means to support how others chose to live, regardless of whether or not we agree.
Im sure most Iranians would find our American lifestyles absolutely disgusting, but I couldnt care less what they say, nor should they care what we think of thier customs, and lifestyles.

Personally I find a lot of Americans lifestyles rather repulsive, but they can do what they want, and I support that freedom... provided my tax dollars arent paying for it.

edit on 3-11-2011 by EliThebrave because: took out a line, and put another in.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
We have our laws,they have theres.While it may be true, watch as every little thing in Iran becomes big news.
Anything on Iran at the moment needs to be scrutinized heavily,including motives for reporting any news that comes out.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Their country,their rules.It's not like they attacked other countries to enforce their laws.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Iran just isn't as progressive as other countries when it comes to homosexuality. I saw the goal celebration video and there was definitely a couple players who really got homo erotic on the soccer field lmaoooooo. It wasn't a simple pat on the bottom there was kissing, grouping and weird mountings going on. You just have to be mindful of your environment.

They know the law of their land and if they break it, there are consequences. Maybe their is another "Spring" waiting to bust loose, but as of now its too the lashing booth with you.

Disclaimer: You want to roll around on the pitch with members of the same sex its fine by me. I personally don't care about anyone's sexual preferences

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
From the video the only 'offender' is the guy who dug his fingers into the other one's ass, the one who was groped obviously was offended, slapping the hand away. So why is both being lashed?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

IMO, this is a very shameless action. This is about affecting other people action in society. It would have much bad effects on public culture.

They should be taught some lessons and we should be sure that it won't occur in our country of culture and history.

Soccer players and stars are much supported by young people in Iran. But people hate these actions done by those idiots.

Real source from Fars news :

Iran Bans Footballers for Immoral Goal Celebration

TEHRAN (FNA)- The Iranian football federation has given indefinite suspensions to two players for "immoral acts" during goal-scoring celebrations.

Footage posted online shows Persepolis defender Mohammed Nosrati squeezing teammate Sheis Rezaei's bottom.

Another video seems to show Rezaei squeezing a teammate later in the 3-2 Persepolis victory over Damash Gilan.

The game was broadcast live to millions. Nosrati and Rezaei have said they did not intend to offend anyone.

The two "have been banned indefinitely from all football activities for committing immoral acts", AFP news agency quoted Ismail Hasanzadeh, the head of the Iranian football federation's disciplinary committee, as saying.

The two players have also been suspended by Persepolis and fined nearly $40,000 (£25,000) each.

The Islamic republic's football federation has been trying for years to curb what it considers immoral behavior on the field and foul language among players and spectators.

source

might be sentenced 74 public lashings on the pitch, the Iran’s Fars News Agency reported Tuesday.

its called propaganda.

edit on 3/11/11 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
From the video the only 'offender' is the guy who dug his fingers into the other one's ass, the one who was groped obviously was offended, slapping the hand away. So why is both being lashed?

LMAO, that's what I was wondering. The guy who got fingered was nothing but a victim.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Iam all for public lashing's for these overpaid footballers when they break the law or refuse to play, (Mr J Terry, Mr C Tevez) heck if they charged money for the crowd Iam sure they would fill stadiums

Nah but being serious its stupid isnt it, does it mean they are going to play better?
I think that it is barbaric but alot of stuff coming out about Iran just seams to be propagander before the upcoming war.

maybe they should just celebrate like this fella www.youtube.com...
Come on city

edit on 3-11-2011 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by iceblue20-12

Would you agree that iran kills gay people ?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

There is more footage if you watch the pile on you see a guy mounting another player and giving him a reach around. Its pretty suspect to say the least

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by hmdphantom

Well done great post.
People forget how diverse different cultures are.
In Dubai if a married couple holds hands in public it can lead to imprisonment.
We have our laws,they have theres.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by R3KR

Iam sure Iran kills many people for different reasons.None we can condone.However we must respect the laws we live under.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

Iam all for public lashing's for these overpaid footballers when they break the law or refuse to play, (Mr J Terry, Mr C Tevez) heck if they charged money for the crowd Iam sure they would fill stadiums

Nah but being serious its stupid isnt it, does it mean they are going to play better?
I think that it is barbaric but alot of stuff coming out about Iran just seams to be propagander before the upcoming war.

maybe they should just celebrate like this fella www.youtube.com...
Come on city

edit on 3-11-2011 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

LOL, based on John Terry's track record, he would have been publicly executed by now.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by iceblue20-12

Iam sure Iran kills many people for different reasons.None we can condone.However we must respect the laws we live under.

I am amazed about how people predict something or may be they guess about some thing they are not informed about.

do some investigations ==> find some facts ==> make your theories.

Otherwise it would seem like a delusion.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join