It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need your help with two images

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I did a google search of images of mountains and found this site

timmerca.com...

now if the image here wasn't photoshopped to get your images, then perhaps you should get in touch with the owner of that site to ask where this mountain is because I'd say it's a pretty good match for yours.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by pantha

timmerca.com...

now if the image here wasn't photoshopped to get your images, then perhaps you should get in touch with the owner of that site to ask where this mountain is because I'd say it's a pretty good match for yours.

Excellent find pantha

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 02:24 AM
link   
its the same mountain and the picture is taken from the same angle *ROFL*

[edit on 2-9-2004 by NeonHelmet]

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 02:27 AM
link   
[edit on 10/2/2004 by esther]

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by esther
Way to go Pantha !

Yes totally impressive ! I found a link at the top of pic one and it took me to big bend national park site

"From an elevation of less than 2,000 feet along the Rio Grande to nearly 8,000 feet in the Chisos Mountains, Big Bend includes massive canyons, vast desert expanses, and the entire Chisos Mountain range. "

And since these pics are almost identical , I would say a common vista point , might be able to find a map , or inquire directly thru that site as to which one .

[edit on 2-9-2004 by oddtodd]

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I agree. Great find, Pantha
. I cropped the picture Pantha found and gamma adjusted it slightly for it to be easier to compare the pictures. If you look closely, you'll notice that the angle differs somewhat; in vertical as well as horizontal levels. Looking at the angle of the shadows, the time of the day seems to be roughly the same. Obviously though, there is no doubt the pictures show the same area.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 03:20 AM
link   
READ THIS !!!-----> timmerca.com...

It's from the same site panta posted regarding the military use of the guys photos (which he consciensously declined ) some thing starting to smell fishy ?

* edit link does not seem to work , maybe a mod can fix.... On the right hand side of the picture there are some quotes and comments , this link is the one regarding military e-mail

[edit on 2-9-2004 by oddtodd]

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Interesting stuff... If it wasn't for the fact he didn't give permission, I would have said that it must be an illustration in reference to an article on identifying and engaging UFOs. So maybe they just went ahead and used them anyway, in which case how did they end up on the public domain?
If they are illustrations relating to engaging UFOs, then it's an admission that they take this seriously.

This is most perculiar...

EDIT:

As the address in the e-mail is Langley, then this implies that the whole thing is American in origin, hence we should only be looking at American planes.. Sorry if someone else has already said something to this effect - I do admit I read the posts fairly quickly..

[edit on 2-9-2004 by AgentSmith]

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Someones playing mind games.Wonder who and why.Maybe the govt fishing or just trying to wind up people on this site

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 05:18 AM
link   
In both shots the orbs have been super-imposed/photoshopped into the image. The aircraft in the 1st shot has been accomplished quite well, but in the 2nd shot has a bit of a CGI thing going.

Do we know what the time span was between each image, as the person taking these shots would have been able to move faster than the spurious UFO's they are taking the shots of. The 2nd shot was taken from a lower position to the first shot, and I would guesstimate around 3 to 5 seconds tops for the craft to have moved from the 1st shot to the 2nd.

However, you're not looking to debunk, as you seem to have ideas of your own which you have yet to divulge.

Is this evidence of training sims for UFO interception? Or somebody working on "Independence Day 2"?

Aircraft are not my forte, but it looks like a Tornado.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 05:54 AM
link   
For me there are a few things in the images that make a lil alarm in my head go of of doctoring.

Image 1:
First would be the overbrighting of the rock surface under the 2 orbs, it looks wrong for some reason.
Seconds would be the quality of the 2 orbs in the image, compared to the quality of the rest of the image.
Third would be the typical pixel distortion you have with editing, around the aircraft.

Image 2:
First the lensflares look of, especialy if you look at the overbrighting of the rocks in the first image, I'd think the camera would sooner overbright the full image with those orbs(that give that much overbright on the rocks in the first image) then give those lensflares, that by themself look odd.
Second, same as in first image, the aircraft looks a lil shopped.
Third would be the quality of the orbs(again) compared to the rest of the picture. If you look closely, the Jet seems to fire a missile causing the lightflare under it, if you look at that flare, you can clearly see blockyness, wich you don't see in the orbs.

Thats from a sceptic view.

If the images were real, my guess on the aircraft would be an F16, going on the single tail.

The location is already established.

Dunno, images have several clue's to editing, if they aren't they are very interesting to say the least.

One thing I'd have to say is odd not about the image itself, but about the manuever of the jet. It strikes me odd how it would go from the position in the first image to the position in the second image while the photographer has enough time to move himself to a seemingly lower point to shoot the picture.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by weirdo
Someones playing mind games.Wonder who and why.Maybe the govt fishing or just trying to wind up people on this site

Don't forget everyone!!!
DrJim is a close friend of SimonGray - the board owner..

[By SimonGray:
DrJim is a long-time friend of our family and has been involved in UFO-related research (for a government agency) for almost ten years. He's asked to join ATS in the hope that our members might help him with some research.

However, I strongly urge our members not to ask him about which University here in the UK he's associated with (he has in the past, also worked with a government agency as a consultant) or his offline real name, because he won't tell you! Please accept my assurances that he's involved in this field, and a rather well-known person (at least here in the UK) among his peers.

Link to thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

JAK

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 06:08 AM
link   
DrJim, I do regret getting our initial correspondence off on such a note so please forgive me, but...

Originally posted by Simon Gray HERE

DrJim is a long-time friend of our family and has been involved in UFO-related research (for a government agency) for almost ten years.

Involved in UFO-related research for nearly 10 years, and for a government agency no less.

Yet neither he, nor his team ("We are desperately attempting to ascertain the following information") can undertake an investigation even to the extent of utilizing Google's image search in this instance? I seriously doubt it.

Originally posted by DrJim on 2/9/04 at 02:08 AM

We are desperately attempting to ascertain the following information:
a. the geographic location of this event ...

Originally posted by pantha on 2/9/04 at 08:02 AM

timmerca.com...

Although it was a great piece of work by pantha, and in now way am I attempting to detract from his finding, only six hours, (according to the post time I see displayed) and a member of ATS comes up with the original picture of the mountain range.

I know incompetence and ineptitude run freely and hand-in-hand throught many levels of government, but come on. I am in no way meaning to slight the investigative skills of DrJim or his team, because I don't believe that there has been any serious investigation. I fail to see how you have had these photos for "Some weeks" and yet failed so completely to discover what it has taken an ATS member only a few hours to.

After such a quick (and apparently easy) explanation of the pictures and near answer to your first question, (I too have played about with the images in Photoshop and there is no doubt that they make use of the same mountain range photo), I have just one question to pose.

Why are you "desperately attempting to ascertain...the geographic location.." of a faked photo?

Or maybe two questions -

[Booming spooky voice]
(...and just who is the mysterious Dr Jim? Stay tuned for another all-new, alien hunting installment.)
[/Booming spooky voice]

Jack

PS: The more I read my own posts, the more I understand why people shout "Dis-Info agent" at me
)

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I would like to venture a Eurofighter or a Mirage 2k. Not sure if the Eurofighter is in service yet, though.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaNine
I would like to venture a Eurofighter or a Mirage 2k. Not sure if the Eurofighter is in service yet, though.

Why would the US be chasing a UFO in an outdated european jet above their own soil?

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Here's one base nearby to the 'Big Bend' - it's Fort Bliss and it is primarily an air defense artillery training center.. But... it is also the permanent base for the German Air Force Defense School..
This might be relevent to the comments on the webpage of the original mountain photo, where the guy says about being contacted by the DoD in using his pictures?

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 07:45 AM
link   
First : Congratulation, really nice pics.

But there are two little mistakes that show it's a photoshop work :
First, the clouds in the sky have strickly didn't moved between pic 1 and 2 :

You can argue that the two pic was taken with a reflex camera, of course, but the move describe by the plane let me really skeptic : its angle of turn seems to be too close compared with the speed of it.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 07:47 AM
link   
There is a Holloman AFB about 400 miles away - not sure what the range is of jets...

Not sure the line of sight distance as I used this map thing to work it out, maybe someone else can be accurate?

www.mapquest.com... +A.F.B.&1s=NM&1z=&1ah=&2y=US&2a=&2c=&2s=TX&2z=79834&2ah=&idx=0&id=41371394-00332-019ff-cdbcf361&aid=41371394-00333-019ff-cdbcf361

Some info on Holloman here:

www.globalsecurity.org...

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Thank you all, for your help.

This is fantastic success in just a short time.

I empathize with your sceptical tone, JAK, and can assure you I am not now working in any official capacity of commission for a government agency (it has been four years since my last).

We are as many of you, casting healthy doubt over these images. I wish I still had access to the entire series, which is far more compelling. We believe the series was taken by the same person (or we are to believe they were) as this "event" unfolded before their eyes.

The mountains of the American desert southwest was indeed one of our strong suspicions, but we never found the excellent image of Big Bend discovered by your member, Pantha. This provides some new areas of investigation for myself and fellow.

Simon was much more than correct about this group... you are all brilliant, thank you again. We'll report our findings as discovered.

"DrJim"

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Maybe the aircraft is the F-4F Phantom II, which is stationed at Holloman AFB as part of the German Air training division.

Looking at it's spec it's range is 1300 miles, so it's is well within range.

Full spec here:

www.holloman.af.mil...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join