It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diane Feinstein Looking to Use GOVERNMENT Gun Debacle "Fast & Furious" to PUNISH Gun Owners

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Feinstein Uses 'Fast and Furious' to Make Case for National Gun Registration

(CNSNews.com) – Making a case for national gun registration, Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) said “perhaps mistakes were made” in the botched gun-walking program known as Fast and Furious, but she said trying to assign blame misses the larger problem.

“This is a deep concern for me. I know others disagree, but we have very lax laws when it comes to guns,” Feinstein, an advocate of gun control, said during Tuesday's hearing of the Senate Judiciary Subcommittee on Crime and Terrorism.

“My concern, Mr. Chairman, is that there’s been a lot said about Fast and Furious, and perhaps mistakes were made,” Feinstein said. “But I think this hunt for blame doesn’t really speak about the problem. And the problem is, anybody can walk in and buy anything.”

Yes, your concern is that Americans can exercise their rights. And somehow, to you, the GOVERNMENT running guns to cartels would be mitigated by a national gun registry that would later on be used by you and other gun grabbers to confiscate guns from Americans.

Sorry Mrs. Feinstein. Nowhere in the Constitution does the Federal Government have the right to create a national registry of anything.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Canada's Long Arms Registry Scrapped

Due to it's overwhelming cost to tax payers, the ridiculously restrictive infringement on the transportation of guns from one location to another(like transporting from your home to the rage), and other ridiculous restrictions that came with the Registry in Canada, the system was finally scrapped.

Proponents of the registry point to violence in the home as a cause to continue the use of the registry. Their statistics, however, remained unchanged with the registry in place as gun grabbers are known to not admit that gun laws don't stop violence, they only hurt those that don't commit the violence in the first place.

Collective punishment is how gun grabbers think.

Remember folks, gun control isn't about guns, it's about control.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

So because the Government can't seem to keep track of who has their weapons, the people need to be held to a registry??

Sure that makes sense to someone..

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Gun grabbing Democrats(sorry to any dems that aren't gun grabbers I know there's a lot of you...But you don't seem to be in Washington) are usually the ones who think this garbage up and try to force it down the throats of Americans.

If there's a shooting somewhere, there is usually a democrat nearby screaming "Ban this!"
edit on 3-11-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Does she even listen to what she says?

Her statement makes no sense whatsoever.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Mistakes are made in call of duty when you throw a grenade at a wall and it blows you up on the bounceback. What Obama's ATF and Justice Dept have done here is willingly participate in an international criminal conspiracy with a known drug cartel. That is not a mistake.

They want to take our guns because they know damn well what time it is. The illusion is over, and having a bunch of angry americans that are armed to the teeth is bad for their health.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatislave

They want to take our guns because they know damn well what time it is. The illusion is over, and having a bunch of angry americans that are armed to the teeth is bad for their health.

Could not have said it any better myself.
I`ll second that and add over my dead, bullet ridden body will they ever take away anything from me

I cant even control myself, what chance does the Gubmint have?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

It would be instructive at this time to recall why the American citizenry and Congress have historically opposed the registration of firearms. The reason is plain. Registration makes it easy for a tyrannical government to confiscate firearms and to make prey of its subjects. Denying this historical fact is no more justified than denying that the Holocaust occurred or that the Nazis murdered millions of unarmed people.

Oh how quickly we forget.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Reply to post by TDawgRex

Of course not. These are the same people who brought us heat seeking incendiary explosive ammunition, shoulder things that go up, magical Teflon bullets, ceramic machine Glocks, and the gun-show loophole.

They don't care if they sound like insane rambling idiots to us as long as they sound like compassionate and caring mothers and fathers to their constituents.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

A recent article I read in the RGJ cites an "official" who says that one can buy, at any gun show, a kit that will convert a semi-auto firearm into full auto "easily."

If this kit doesn't include a full machine shop and gunsmithing know how then it simply doesn't exist. Geez, the abject BS people will believe is simply astonishing.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

shoulder things that go up

edit on 3-11-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
So their original plan to set the 2nd Amendment back even further is still on track?

What the hell is the matter with the "people" that keep voting these lunatics in? New England, California, y'all are first.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I was at a gun-show last weekend and found a cool, really cheap, trigger mechanism. It didn't do any machine stuff to the guts of the weapon. It affected the trigger in a way that you could easily fire single, burst or auto. I better go buy a couple handfuls before they get banned.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TreadUpon

I think you'll be better off buying shoulder things that go up..

Much more deadly.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by TreadUpon

I may be mistaken, but if a item can make a semi auto burst or fully auto, those items are already illegal. Watch yourself, it could be entrapment.

Myself, I prefer one shot, one kill while hunting...

Spray and pray wastes ammo.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I think it is time for a new reality tv show.

In a very controlled way, as this could get a little dangerous but a point could be made. But a show I saw where two people posing as criminals would break into a house and would expose the safety issues to the homeowner gave me the idea.

Approach an unsuspecting individual, such as Feinstein, when they are vulnerable and when they have family members present. Then one of the actors(the criminal) approaches Feinstein and put them in a very compromising position such as trying to take one of her kids or just simply rob her. Make it stressful and make her feel as if her or family is in danger. I think there are a few individuals who need a lesson on what it takes in order to defend themselves and if they were to experience a "situation" could indeed cause some of these anti-gun people to change their tune.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

If TeadUpon is talking about a sear then yes, you could buy one.

But if you wanna put that into a gun that is specifically built for semi-auto fire then you need to remove a lot of metal, make sure your tolerances are perfect, and hope to god the ATF doesn't know about it.

Also sears aren't cheap. 90 bucks.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Reply to post by TDawgRex

They don't care if they sound like insane rambling idiots to us as long as they sound like compassionate and caring mothers and fathers to their constituents.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

I guess that makes many of their constituents insane and rambling as well if they keep buying those lines don't it?

When did common sense take a holiday? Or is it surgically removed upon being voted into office?

It's just a quick lobotomy, you'll be with the program in no time....

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

There is an abundance of goofy and expensive gadgets that pretend to enable "full auto" fire.

The BMF Activator
Firestorm Crank
Various "bump stocks."

All are good for a 30 second thrill then end up in your safe or closet sitting until somebody says "hey, that thing looks neat" and you get another excuse to relive that 30 second thrill. Only this time while your friend is hooting and hollering all you can think about is how much that ammo costs.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
This just ticks me off to no end.

"Anyone can walk in and buy anything"... yes, they can walk in and buy anything when the ATF is telling dealers to ignore the law and sell to people they are not supposed to. Amazing how that works isn't it?

When will people finally get it? We continue to elect these rich self serving idiots into office and wonder why they are so out of touch. The answer is simple, they don't live in the real world. They live in a world where they do not worry about keeping the lights on. They live in a world where they do not have to budget when they go to the grocery store. They do not live in a world where they have to sit and decide, do I pay the gas bill this month and double up on the water bill, or do I pay the water bill and double up on the gas bill.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join