It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Considers Pre-Emptive Attack On Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Not sure if this has already been posted. I did a search but nothing showed up.
Looks like David's Sling already has a stone in it

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is trying to rally support in his cabinet for an attack on Iran, according to government sources. The country's defence minister Ehud Barak and the foreign minister Avigdor Lieberman are said to be among those backing a pre-emptive strike to neutralise Iran's nuclear ambitions.

It's the new moon already, as predicted.....

Israel Considers Pre-Emptive Attack On Iran

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I can promise you that if they hit Iran, it won't be discussed and then reported publicly. It will just happen. This SEEMS like empty threats.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Ding Dong! (opens door) Damn kids! Same ol games and lies and propaganda. This is like really old. Someones gonna do something soon will all the idol threats going round.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Seems like politics and war has turned into a messed up chess game played by the eliets. And most of us are too stupid to see we're the pieces.
edit on 2-11-2011 by XxRagingxPandaxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
The propaganda machine is already out in force today.
This is from Britain's Guardian newspaper -

A report by the UN's nuclear watchdog due to be circulated around the world next week will provide fresh evidence of a possible Iranian nuclear weapons programme, bringing the Middle East a step closer to a devastating new conflict, say diplomats.

Iran's nuclear activity under scrutiny as evidence of weapons threat emerges

Amazingly apt timing, eh?

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
sorry nm I am blind today wrong post
edit on 2-11-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: sorry

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by VideoDude
Ding Dong! (opens door) Damn kids! Same ol games and lies and propaganda. This is like really old. Someones gonna do something soon will all the idol threats going round.

These threats will appear to be idle right up to the time that it happens.

Iran is bent on obtaining a nuclear weapons capability (IMHO), and Israel will not allow them to have one.

They have done it many times before, and they will do it it again. Ding Dong...your Reactors and Centrifuge factories are gone.

The Israelis can handle anything the Syrians and Hezbollah try to dish out in retaliation...and Iran would be very ill advised to threaten (or, worse, actually attack) Israeli population centers in return. Iran would think they are winning the battle right about the time their six largest cities became glowing embers.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I have read several articles online about Israel planning to attack Iran. I wonder what the response from Russia and China will be if this happens. I think this is a very scary situation, but I also think they will launch an attack soon with or without U.S. cooperation.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

Israel could annhialate Gaza and the West Bank in a matter of hours with conventional weapons - it's basically shooting emaciated fish in a barrel.
Israel could hit a few cities in Iran with nukes but would then become the world's pariah and would probably be hit in response by any number of countries (incvluding Russia) as they'd be fair game. They won't use nukes but instead some pimped up version of a bunker buster. But stirring up Iran wouldn't be a good idea. It has the oldest civilization on Earth plus their people are both intelligent and extremely dedicated - they did produce Xerxes.

Israel's already wiped out Lebanon's infrastructure (which was sad after how much they'd spent on advertising themselves on CNN as a tourist destination) but Syria is a different matter entirely. Isreal just doesn't have the manpower to stave off a mass Syrian incursion, nor deal with the guerilla tactics they'd employ.

Ergo, whatever Israel decides to do, the US would have to back it and they're not in position yet. The US has to pull its forces out of Iraq to get out of range of Iranian missiles, and send more ships into the Persian Gulf.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by kellerphoenix

That's one of my favourite tunes, man, but I think it's more applicable (as it was when originally written) to the protests in the US rather than a middle eastern conflict

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Aestheteka

Read your history. Israel staved off a attack by Egypt, Syria and Jordan combined, who all had exterior support. They not only beat them off, but gained ground as well.

When Israel goes to war, they go to war and they don't play nice.

To the victor goes the spoils.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Well, this is more of a tactical discussion.

We might disagree on how well Israel would handle a concerted response from Syria, but I suspect we would agree that if Israel tried a hit-and-run on Nuclear facilities...and in response came under some kind of withering multi-national attack - that the U.S. would step in on Israel's side.

Would Russia and China step in on the other side? Doubtful, in an overt way...unless they are prepared for a full does of MAD.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Lol
And you believe they did that without any external support?
One visit from Kissinger and most nations have a sudden change in mind.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Oh, I realize that Israel had external support as well. But most of it was in the form of Sat imagery and intel. Not all, but most.

Logistically speaking, Israel should not have won. But they were dedicated to their survival, the opposition, not so much.

new topics

top topics

join