It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Moore Visits Occupy Portland

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Michael Moore has apparently followed through with his expected turnout to Occupy Portland.. a day after two dozen were arrested for violating the curfew of a new park they tried to occupy.

Volunteers also say demonstrators following a Halloween-inspired zombie theme will march from Lownsdown Square to a Bank of America to protest the bank’s coal interests.

WTF does protesting a banks "coal interest" have to do with the economy.. I'd love to know.. Hey, OWS, this is why we don't like you. Pick something and stick to it. Are you protesting workers rights, corrupt banks, corrupt politicians.. or ..... coal?

I have to say though, to add to the idiocy ...

Michael Moore is a 1%er .. he has more wealth in him alone than the entire Occupy Portland protesters combined. He is even arriving on a private chartered jet. His net worth is estimated at over $50 million dollars. (not including royalties.. )

www.oregonlive.com...

I'll add the video of his speech once he completes it.

edit on 10/31/2011 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

www.kgw.com...

PORTLAND -- "Occupy Portland" demonstrators gave a rousing welcome Monday afternoon to popular provocateur Michael Moore.

""This movement is only six weeks old and it has spread like wildfire across the country. This is happening everywhere," Moore told a crowd at Portland's Terry Schrunk Plaza. "And it can’t be stopped. The American people have had it."

Moore was in Portland to do a book-signing at Powell’s Books at 6 p.m. for Here Comes Trouble, his latest book, described as an “anti-memoir that blends “personal reminiscences, history, and politics.”

*cough cough* ...... that he will make millions for ....
edit on 10/31/2011 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Michael Moore is the 1%.

Occupy Michael Moore.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Anyone else hoping for a zombie outbreak?

No wait never mind that already happened a month ago and they named it OWS they can keep Moore hope they do and protesting coal?

Yeah par for the course rebels without a clue or a redefining cause read an article yesterday about how the leftists loved to recycle things but hey it really is getting utterly ridiculous.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
Michael Moore is the 1%.

Occupy Michael Moore.

There's plenty of room

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Michael Moore is the 1%.

Occupy Michael Moore.

He's our inside guy, shhhhhh!

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Oh sorry but thats the reason you dont like them, plz do not add others to how you feel, you can tell us how you really feel but keep it at that plz

edit on 31-10-2011 by GodefroydeBouillon because: took out a t eheh

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You never miss a beat, its good to see whos ready to fight for there liberty, and who likes to be a slave

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by GodefroydeBouillon

What? I'm not following what it is you're actually trying to say.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Michael Moore is the 1%.

Occupy Michael Moore.

Ha ha! I love it.

I don't see a big turn out for that party.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Lol its not too hard, if you dont like the movement its your right, and its my right to call you a slave that is so blind that he cant see the good thast will come out of the protest.

My dad told me about all them hippies in the 70s protesting the viet nam war, and how they helped change american history...
edit on 31-10-2011 by GodefroydeBouillon because: oups removed a word out of place

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

What he is talking about is they are ready to kill all the infidels who don't believe in the most holy precious OWS it's that your with us or we are going to take them out mentality cause they are fighting for "freedom".

However if they were students of history the man protecting his own home is no one to be trifled with.

In short we are their enemies.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Lol thanks for putting words in my mouth lol, nobody is killing anybody, nobody is Destroying anything, but hey keep on trucking

Slave

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Buahahahaha .. I'm blind for not following OWS? .. considering my thread has thus far proven OWS stupidity, confusion, and hypocrisy ... I'll take that as a complement. And the hippy generation / protests (of the 60's .... not the 70's...) gave us .. let's see. Progressive politics, a massive government debt, a morally bankrupt society and political correctness to an extreme. Thanks Hippy generation.
They are the only generation in American history to give their children and grandchildren a lower quality of life than they had.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Seriously with the slave comments alright then do tell me how since all my crap is paid off and i have ZERO liabilities?

Sure as hell not going to be a slave to OWS.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by GodefroydeBouillon

Lol its not too hard, if you dont like the movement its your right, and its my right to call you a slave that is so blind that he cant see the good thast will come out of the protest.

My dad told me about all them hippies in the 70s protesting the viet nam war, and how they helped change american history...
edit on 31-10-2011 by GodefroydeBouillon because: oups removed a word out of place

So , to get people to convince people to come to your cause......

You call them names? Sounds productive.........no wonder your numbers are stalling out.......

Oh p.s. YOU said fighting for, in an above post.............the only fighting i see is antagonizing the cops........

You guys have accomplished NOTHING ...........and dont say "awareness" , people were "aware" long before your OWS movment.........thats why so many of us dont buy the B.S.

The only people who werent are the sheep falling in line with OWS rhetoric and vitriol for anyone who has questions or doesnt agree..........

link   

Lol only science proves anything, and then again science changes alot.

Im sorry you feel this way, good on you if you think what you say is gold, but heck maybe the rest of the world has the right to have there on opinion.

Oh and using silly big words dont make you right...

Would you like me to help tighten your noose or your good with it...

link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

There is more than enough room.

I wonder if he will use his millions to help them. I doubt it.

edit on 31-10-2011 by InvisibleAlbatross because: (no reason given)

ETA: Dammit, just saw that Slayer made the joke first.

edit on 31-10-2011 by InvisibleAlbatross because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Lol the only named i used was a slave, its not a mean word, so whats your point, your just proving my point, cause you seem to think you are right, you just sound like a troll...

And is the word slave offending you, i dont get it

keep on trucking

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by GodefroydeBouillon

Lol the only named i used was a slave, its not a mean word, so whats your point, your just proving my point, cause you seem to think you are right, you just sound like a troll...

And is the word slave offending you, i dont get it

keep on trucking

Its because I am right........and you proved my point, youve insulted me twice in this one post.......

Name calling just adds credence to the fact that you have no argument for anything else that I posted in reply to you.......

And again seems to be the M.O of the OWS movement.......youve insulted everyone whose addressed you at all on this thread........

Carry on, you guys do you pretty darn good job of destroying your own movement

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Lol your funny, most of the ows thread seem to make you jump up with righteousness eheh, holy moly thats a big word, and why is the word slave insulting you, heck if you dont believe in it, why is it so offensive lol,

Oh sorry i missread you, when you said you where so right my reason just changed all of a sudden...

Long live the slaves

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join