It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Chief Darryl Forté

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
> Link 1 thread < off topic,

The following is from this [url=http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/29/3237046/the-stars-editorial-candid-capable.html#ixzz1cO8jva6h]> Page

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Dav1d

I'm glad that he's reminding the officers of why they exist. I'm curious to know who the last police chief was, and why he wasn't doing these things all along.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Could you perhaps put some substance in the OP. Why are you posting this, what are your opinions and what thread was going off topic?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Dav1d

Ive been following the baby Lisa case very closely. and the parents:
a. refuse to answer questions seperately...why??hmmm
b. the spottings of an individual all are within walking/driving distance to the house
c. i think the tweeker looking parents killed the baby, burned evidence in the dumpster fire, then disposed of charred evidence in the woods and made it home before sunrise..
d. the mom failed a lie detector..

PC D. Forte may have a hard job on his hands. Hopefully he will help bring respect back for both 'sides'..sides, thats the problem.. there is the citizen side and the cop side...why sides??

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebeldog
reply to post by Dav1d

Snip

PC D. Forte may have a hard job on his hands. Hopefully he will help bring respect back for both 'sides'..sides, thats the problem.. there is the citizen side and the cop side...why sides??

Could it be due in part a police perception that there is a them ( the citizens ) and an us ( our brother in arms)?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
From the Kansas City Star

...on Wednesday, in a meeting with The Star’s Editorial Board, Forte said the police are “not trying to vilify the family.” The police have good reasons for doing what they are doing, the chief added.

... Forte said he wouldn’t comment further on the case,

Yet if we look at the police statements and actions, what do they suggest? On day one the police search a landfill, and sewers, and they have pumped out a cistern, and searched a pool... Did the police really expect to find a live Lisa crawling around in a landfill, or in the sewers?

When the KCPD first whine about the parents NOT cooperating what impression did it give?
When the KCPD got a "hit" from the cadaver dog, how did the Kansas City Police CHOSE to describe it?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Dav1d

Yet if we look at the police statements and actions, what do they suggest? On day one the police search a landfill, and sewers, and they have pumped out a cistern, and searched a pool... Did the police really expect to find a live Lisa crawling around in a landfill, or in the sewers?
This would suggest they're most likely searching for a body and possibly the cell phones. Not a live child.

When the KCPD first whine about the parents NOT cooperating what impression did it give?
The impression I got was exactly what it says they weren't cooperating. Sounded bad until I read more.

Missing Baby Lisa: Police 'Need' Separate Interviews with Parents

Kansas City Police Capt. Steve Young said he is "not disputing" family attorney Joe Tacopina's claims that the family has cooperated and answered other questions, such as specific questions regarding tips and leads. But that is not sufficient, he said.

"The bottom line is detectives need to sit down with them unrestricted and they need to answer questions that we need answered," he said.

When asked if there are restrictions on the conversations Lisa's parents will have, Tacopina said, "Oh, there's a restriction. I'm imposing that the questioning is going to be in good faith and fair and not the questioning that was done within an hour of baby Lisa's disappearance."

Tacopina claimed police accused Bradley of murdering her child within an hour of beginning to interrogate her. "That's just not good investigatory tactics and it doesn't build good faith in them," Tacopina said.
They are cooperating except for the fact they haven't provided LE with a confession. To make an accusation so soon into the interview I would think they'd have to have pretty solid evidence to back it up. Haven't seen any arrests though.

When the KCPD got a "hit" from the cadaver dog, how did the Kansas City Police CHOSE to describe it?
One article I read which was based on an affidavit supporting the search warrant says the cadaver dog indicated a positive hit for the scent of a "deceased human" in an area of the floor. Seems like I've most often heard them refer to it as a hit for the "smell of human decomposition."

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
[url=http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/29/3237651/in-brief-search-for-trooper-intensifies.html]> Look at how they express it when it is one of their own

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morningglory
reply to post by Dav1d

The impression I got was exactly what it says they weren't cooperating. Sounded bad until I read more.

Missing Baby Lisa: Police 'Need' Separate Interviews with Parents

Kansas City Police Capt. Steve Young said he is "not disputing" family attorney Joe Tacopina's claims that the family has cooperated and answered other questions, such as specific questions regarding tips and leads. But that is not sufficient, he said.

They are cooperating except for the fact they haven't provided LE with a confession. To make an accusation so soon into the interview I would think they'd have to have pretty solid evidence to back it up. Haven't seen any arrests though.

Sniped

> Take a look at this Video by Capt. Steve Young< the same Captain who above claims to not dispute that the family has cooperated. This is a case where the words speak for themselves.

While it is NOT a crime to lie to the public, it does have consequences such as the loss of trust, by the public.
When the public loses it's faith, it's trust in the police that DOES effect performance.

edit on 31-10-2011 by Dav1d because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Seems too me you are run by your emotions and arent being objective, or you have some vendetta....

Ive found nothing criminal and/or nothing wrong so far in the wording in any of those articles......

You need to take a step back and quit vilifying before you know the facts..........

Assuming that you know more then the police at this point shows weakness in your assessment right off the bat......

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend
reply to post by Dav1d

I'm glad that he's reminding the officers of why they exist. I'm curious to know who the last police chief was, and why he wasn't doing these things all along.

Interim Chief Cheryl Rose?
Chief James Corwin who retired on September 16 2011! After 32 years.

edit on 31-10-2011 by Dav1d because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
This is being reported:

Wright told CNN that she had placed an online advertisement for an electronics item and used the cell phone number called by the Irwin-Bradley cell phone. She said the FBI saw the number and set up a fake appointment to buy the item shortly after baby Lisa went missing, Wright said. That is when the first interview occurred. www.kctv5.com... 

So this tells us just what? The KCPD given a phone number can't or won't user a reverse directory look up? The KCPD can't contact the cellphone number provider and obtain the user info? The KCPD can't be bother with things that don't support it's own theories? That the KCPD believes that it *****knows***** who did it, and is focused on proving what it thinks it *****knows***** rather than following where the evidence leads?

Or does this suggest that perhaps the cellphone user went out of the way to get an untraceable cellphone? Could this be a burner cellphone?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Kansas City Police: We’re No Longer Actively Searching for Missing Baby Lisa Irwin

After one month of searching and following up on tips, police in Kansas City, Missouri are no longer actively searching for missing 11-month-old Lisa Irwin. Authorities say when they have another idea or reason to pick up an active search once again, they will. They are, however, still following up on leads.

Former LAPD Detective Mark Fuhrman had told Fox News that he believes the latest development suggests police think Lisa is dead.

foxnewsinsider.com...

So we have an eleven month old baby missing, and the police are out of ideas? Perhaps that is an indication that the police need some fresh blood? If the lead investigators are out of ideas, perhaps they need some new lead investigators?

new topics

top topics

join