It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's all dress up like the demons that posses the souls of our leaders and go beg for food.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick
reply to post by whaaa

Your excitement to hearing of sacrifice is kinda sick.
Does it give you pleasure to hear that.
He is still in jail only because he killed people in prison too.

Oh please......

Just admit it; you are a fundamentalist Christian that has an agenda of trying to discourage people from
having fun on a holiday your preacher told you was satanic.

Is it any wonder people are leaving the church in droves because of this narrow minded, control freak attitude?

Personally I think you are making this story up to try and prop up your extreme Evangelical religious beliefs.

That's my opinion and you didn't convince this skeptical old man of anything. You will probably have much better luck with impressionable young people that haven't reached maturity enough to make valid skeptical decisions in matters concerning the supernatural.

Let's all dress up like the demons that posses the souls of our leaders and go beg for food.

Which of our leaders are possessed by demons?

edit on 30-10-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

God-fearing people are intimidated by All Hallow's Eve because they see anything they don't understand as evil and immoral and because they're worried since Christianity was pretty much a religion that stole all of its major holidays and festivals from Paganism (Christmas, Easter and others for example)

I like it for the dressing up as part of the fun but I hate when trick or treaters knock on the door constantly because I don't want to be disturbed if I'm trying to relax (especially after a long day at work) and because I honestly don't have any candy to give so I don't like seeing children disappointed and won't buy any to make them happy.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Jesus was a zombie, just say'n

Christians wear a torture device around their neck just say'n
edit on 10/31/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
There is always dark and light, ying and yang, and positive and negative. However, I do not attribute it to earthly pagans.....I would be more apt to blame the catholic church for its manifestation and feeding of it through their belief in Satan throughout the centuries.....

If thoughts are things, and what you believe in is strong enough, it manifests. I would blame those who give it the energy and power...

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise
There is always dark and light, ying and yang, and positive and negative. However, I do not attribute it to earthly pagans.....I would be more apt to blame the catholic church for its manifestation and feeding of it through their belief in Satan throughout the centuries.....

If thoughts are things, and what you believe in is strong enough, it manifests. I would blame those who give it the energy and power...

That doesn't change the fact that it does happen, and many out there choose to give it the energy and power on halloween, which is what the op was trying to say..

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I have been to church 1 time in the last ten years.I do have faith however.I have two boys that are 12 and 15 and they went to a haunted house yesterday and will be attending parties tonite.I don't want to do anything with this thread other than hear from other people about the subject.I wasn't trying to change every ones mind only to look at different aspects of this holiday.I do believe that if you let these words get under your skin then there is some truth in my words for you.There is a certain level of insanity amoung people that believe in things that give you a warm and fuzzy feeling inside then the next day your dressing like obl with new holes in his head.Some day real soon i think more people will start to see things differently.You can deny truth as long as humanly possible until one day the truth will set you free but it doesn't seem that you all are ready for that.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Is it any wonder people are leaving the church in droves because of this narrow minded, control freak attitude?
reply to post by whaaa

No it's no wonder that people leave the church however i left it a long time ago because i question thing's like this.
I'm stating that it seems insane to me for people to dress up like killers or the dead and celebrate and beg.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

I'm stating that it seems insane to me for people to dress up like killers or the dead and celebrate and beg.

yes..I agree it does seem a little whacked out, and gives much influence and propaganda for the creepier things in life.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
You should watch the latest episode of The Office, in particular "Robert California's" Halloween speech and how he sums it up at the end.

I think he does a great job of partially explaining why Halloween is important to regular folks. He makes the statement:

“Fear plays an interesting role in our lives. How dare we let it motivate us; how dare we let it into our decision making, into our livelihood. It’s funny isn’t it…we take a day a year to dress up in costume and celebrate fear.”

This comes after he spends the episode learning about the employee's fears and concocting an elaborate scary story with them - the point of the story being to scare immediately, but mostly to motivate.

And while I normally wouldn't refer you to a tv show to offer any sort of answer to your genuine question, I think in this case it's fairly relevant.

On top of this, the majority of Halloween costumes nowadays aren't killers and demons and ghosts and such, but comic book heroes, video game characters, and sexy nurses. Not demonic at all.

edit on 31-10-2011 by TinkerHaus because: Formatting

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
The majority of people on Halloween dress up as someone else. Not demons, not witches, not killers, not werewolves, even vampires are losing their popularity. No, most people are dressing as political figures, transformers, superman. Batman so on, and so forth. That is the beauty of Halloween, you can be absolutely anything you want to be for a day.

I myself am going as a video game character. Did I mention that character is Morrigan Aensland? Irony.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Lovebringer

I don't see how a character with bat wing horns is not a little demonic.
I think i'm gonna dress up as a hypocritical a-hole this year.

I'm sure everyone agrees that i can pull that off.
edit on 31-10-2011 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I don't see how a character with bat wing horns is not a little demonic.
I think i'm gonna dress up as a hypocritical a-hole this year.

I said it was Ironic. It's also from a video game. If you are going to take this seriously, then by all means, please do lock yourself up in your house with crosses hanging over your head. Meanwhile, I'll be having fun with my friends who will be joining me as Felicity, Lillith, Q-bee, Naruto, Lady Slyvanas, Thrall, and Lion-o of all things.
\
Lawdie lord please save our souls for surely the incubi and sucubi will be very pleased with my worshipping them.... oh.. wait.. no I'm actually going to the Halloween parade in New York city. /gasp.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Don't worry i will pray for your gang to be protected.
Seriously though i just want everyone to look at all the angles.

Take the characters you speak of for example.I believe they are from japan.
Things have not gone well for them recently and imo they have a lot of strange creatures in their cartoons and culture.Look at their suicide rate.
Some would call them demons.
Take a look at the worship that took place in haiti before the earthquake.
It is what it is i'm just having a hard time dismissing all of this.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Don't worry i will pray for your gang to be protected.
Seriously though i just want everyone to look at all the angles.

Take the characters you speak of for example.I believe they are from japan.
Things have not gone well for them recently and imo they have a lot of strange creatures in their cartoons and culture.Look at their suicide rate.
Some would call them demons.
Take a look at the worship that took place in haiti before the earthquake.
It is what it is i'm just having a hard time dismissing all of this.

Just a moment. are you now actually saying that anime caused the earthquake in Japan? So, because SOME not ALL anime has some things that you just might be a squeamish about, this is what caused one of the largest disasters ever? You actually have the audacity to blame someone's culture on causing a natural disaster? Amazing. Absolutely amazing.

Then you decide to go after poor Haiti while you are at it? let me guess, Haiti made a pact with demons to get rid of the french from the island. So, after oh... 200 years ago or so then an earthquake flattens Haiti.

Somehow, this all translates to people wearing costumes on Halloween. Well Sherlock, looks like you've solved another case. Shall we look forward to earthquakes around the globe? Or will they be isolated in the place that has the most under dressed girls in one place? Lets call it boob-quake 2011.
edit on 31-10-2011 by Lovebringer because: Bad grammar due to putting on fake nails.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Yea a boob quake sounds like fun and i'm ready for that but not how you said it.
These thoughts are not my own.
There has been much debate about this since the quakes.
I'm not saying that i buy all this but i don't dismiss it either.
Be careful tonite with those nails.

Vodouists in the Haitian diaspora are praying on their knees today, just as Catholics and Protestants are. Why did this devastating earthquake have to happen in Haiti, a country already so vulnerable that people live on a dollar a day, where on a good day, the government cannot employ or educate or provide health care for the majority? In Port-au-Prince, they are coping by searching and rescuing, sharing resources, crying, and praying. In Vodou most ritual is about finding balance, putting yourself into equilibrium with the spirits, with your family, and with yourself. In Haiti things are way out of balance. We might say that spirits of death have launched a coup d'état.

newsweek.washingtonpost.com... /guestvoices/2010/01/voodoos_view_of_the_quake_in_haiti.html

demonic toons?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join