It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's all dress up like the demons that posses the souls of our leaders and go beg for food.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Halloween is a holiday that i can't understand.Why do we dress up like demons and such and give them that power.Here are a couple links that try to trace the roots.I really want to hear from those among us who are planning to celebrate this evil holiday.How do you justify in your mind giving power to the demons that are jealous of you and wish you harm and misfortune?
www.jeremiahproject.com...
www.demonbuster.com...
Does it make you feel good to get a treat for being scary and evil?
If your an atheist i think you are lost but i can see why you could not have a problem with halloween.
I suppose i can see why the satanist and pagans like it but this is a mainstream holiday that the majority of god fearing people should question.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
as a hyper christain, Halloween is the greatest holiday that has no connections to any of the Abrahamic religions, and only celebrates paganism (of the old). The only run-amok pagans and few true satanist celebrate it with rituals.
This holiday is the greatest holiday because truly people can be happy and not debate about proper terminology and religious debates that may belittle other people faith.

Here is a few list,

1. I dont have to be with the family, I can drink and party with friends.

2. No unnecessary gift giving that involves huge corporations (besides candy)

3. No debates with Muslims/jews/other Christians

edit on 30-10-2011 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

All of your credibility just flew out the window with the atheist comment
Good job alienating 90% of the ATS community there, buddy.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Halloween isn't the only Pagan holiday to carry over and become "Christian tradition."

You should take a deeper look at ALL The holidays you celebrate, find out where they started. You might just want to convert to the Jehovah's Witnesses.

When you're done with that take a critical look at Christianity in whole - you might be surprised how much of Christian dogma came from pre-existing Pagan religions.

As for me I'll be taking my little Yoda and Fairy Princess trick or treating this year.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Because most people regard it as a fun holiday to dress up and get free candy.

Halloween is actually short for "All Hallow's Eve", a string of holidays put on by the Catholic church (aka the only Christian organization for the first 1500 or so years of Christianity).

It's a Christianization of the old pagan holiday, but, then again, so are Christmas and Easter.

In short, I seriously doubt that demons care about people dressing up like horror movie characters and having parties or going around collecting candy. They're probably more worried about the idiots using Ouija boards and casting spells without knowing what they're doing.

link   
Halloween is actually called Samhain
for the history

www.paganspath.com...
inventors.about.com...

People dressed up not only to SCARE AWAY THE DEMONS but to HONOR THEIR ANCESTORS
Hope that helps clear any MIS INFO you have learned in the church

link   
This is what Xmas was orginaly. you all need to watch this vid. But honestly this does not demean christ IMHO

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

It's just a goofy way to have a little fun... You could just decide not to take it so seriously and enjoy it yourself. With all of the horror and misery in the world, it strikes me as quite absurd that you think there's significant evil to concern yourself with when little kids dress up like super heroes or college girls go out looking like sexy nurses... Perhaps you would consider directing your energy away from the fear and loathing of trivial festivities and into something of substance?

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by OnceReturned

It's just a goofy way to have a little fun... You could just decide not to take it so seriously and enjoy it yourself. With all of the horror and misery in the world, it strikes me as quite absurd that you think there's significant evil to concern yourself with when little kids dress up like super heroes or college girls go out looking like sexy nurses... Perhaps you would consider directing your energy away from the fear and loathing of trivial festivities and into something of substance?

It may be just a goofy way to have fun for some, but for others it is a powerful time for occult type activities, and is associated with some very dark energies, and some very real REAL horrors they try to create.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Halloween was important to the celts because it was the last major oppourtunity to get in your foraged food before the winter hit. Anything that couldn't be stored would have to be eaten within a few days, hence a community feast. All the 'spooky' goings on presently with Halloween is related to the ancestors, from whom you would've learned literally how to survive. So thanks were given to the relatives that had passed away. The early church knew how important this festival was to the people, and that the pagan celts wouldn't have converted if it had been outlawed.
The dressing up and pumpkin lanterns....or in the old UK....turnips/swedes, were to deter 'witches' during the middle ages, not encourage them. Also the choices of animals, eg spiders and bats are to do with the times of year they are seen. Spiders in the UK breed during autumn and noone would see bats later than this in the year as they hibernate for the winter. Halloween is basically a time to enjoy the last free fruit of the year. Nothing to be worried about and traditionally a time enjoy community and throw a party...I hope this post helps a bit

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Must you really attack Halloween? I can respect the fact that perhaps you do not wish to celebrate it, but in all honesty could you lay off of everyone else? Some people really don't have dark evil and horrible motives for celebrating Halloween. They just actually enjoy dressing up in costumes, and having fun with their kids/family/friends/random people.

i for one have never experienced demonic activities on Halloween, well no more than on a normal basis I have however experienced really bad costumes that I would mark as evil. Relax, enjoy the candy corn or stay home with your porch lights out. Now if you'll excuse me I need to finish my Morrigan costume.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

It may be just a goofy way to have fun for some, but for others it is a powerful time for occult type activities, and is associated with some very dark energies, and some very real REAL horrors they try to create.

The only REAL horrors and dark energies I've experienced on Halloween is a direct result of mixing tequila and wine and waking up next morning with a witch.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Originally posted by gabby2011

The only REAL horrors and dark energies I've experienced on Halloween is a direct result of mixing tequila and wine and waking up next morning with a witch.

I suppose that could be the extent of some peoples horrors.. or waking up with hangover beside a not super powerful super hero..

The fact that you have not experienced or seen anything worse is great, but it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

I have never experienced anything to bad at halloween either, yet I have read about some horrors that do happen...and I do believe that some very sad and dark things can happen on that night.

edit on 30-10-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpongeBeard

All of your credibility just flew out the window with the atheist comment
Good job alienating 90% of the ATS community there, buddy.

I guess i could have left my personal views out of that statement.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Lovebringer

It's not my intention to piss everyone off.
Other than the shot i took at nonbelievers there is truth in the links.
I feel that it is every parents responsibility to be informed to the influences surrounding the holidays.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Lighten up Fancis its a fun holiday for the kids it does not give demons power quit taking religious allegory and mythology so seriously. And most of all quit trying to foist your beliefs on others. And I am no atheist by the way...

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick
reply to post by Lovebringer

It's not my intention to piss everyone off.
Other than the shot i took at nonbelievers there is truth in the links.
I feel that it is every parents responsibility to be informed to the influences surrounding the holidays.

and I think you make a very valid point..

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I've been thinking about the candy/sweets thing at this time of year (and on until christmas), and there's a recipie for an early form of sweets that could've been available to the celts. Its basically mashed up British hawthorn berries with a bit of water, add fruit and a sweetener (honey), filter the bits out and leave the mix to set. Hawthorns have lots of pectin in them, so it will set within a couple of hours to a thick jelly. This can then be eaten as it is....or...it can be dried in an oven to form...well it'll look and be the texture of 'rock'. This can be broken up and stored in airtight jars for a few months
Early survival sweets

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

Lighten up Fancis its a fun holiday for the kids it does not give demons power quit taking religious allegory and mythology so seriously. And most of all quit trying to foist your beliefs on others. And I am no atheist by the way...

Do you have proof that it does not give power to demons.
I promise you that if there is such a thing as demons or something like that if everyone dresses up like them and scares the crap out of people it does not take power from demons.If one is a believer then a small qamount of critical thinking will lead one away from petty excuses as to why we should celebrate the negative side of our duality.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick

Originally posted by hawkiye

Do you have proof that it does not give power to demons.

You first....show me the demons!!

critical thinking....

edit on 30-10-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join