It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Official: 13 Americans Killed in Afghan Bombing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

US Official: 13 Americans Killed in Afghan Bombing

abcnews.go.com

A Taliban suicide bomber rammed a van into an armored NATO bus Saturday in Kabul, killing 13 American troops and four Afghans, U.S. and Afghan officials said, in the deadliest attack on coalition forces in more than two months.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Dear America,

why don't you pull back, it's no use fighting a war which can't be won. The Russians proved it in the 80s.
Or is there something you don't want to tell the general public. Rumors about ancient technology and some sort of portal to other worlds.
What the real reason fighting this war?

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
How dare they kill US soldiers! This is clearly an attack on freedom, not the imperialist occupancy of their homeland!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

Dear People Telling America To Leave Conflict,
I believe you should address not the American people but the people who run our country. I've wanted out for a long time, hell I didn't want to be there to begin with. But unfortunately it's not my decision. Sure there are people who want us to be there but in reality it's not their decision either. Please forward all complaints to our government officials though I doubt they will listen.

Thanks,
Angrymomma

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Im sure there acutally working on pulling out as they say.

But first they need to set up their bases.....and it would be alot easier and cheaper to ship the soldiers to another war locale as opposed to be shipped back home and debreifed.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Another suicide bombing.....

I really cannot stand these people..........

While I sit here as an armchair warrior, I am cheering on our troops over seas............

You can hate the war, but support the troops.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Or, just a thought... you could support humanity and ridicule both for being killers. The troops aren't saints who didn't know what they signed up for.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Tea4One

Well, unfortunately I am a realist.

I see things for what they are........World peace is a pipe dream.

Human instinct is hunter gatherer................There are to many "humans" with animal instincts to have true peace.

I know the war machine kills,.............. It has always been this way, always will.

That is reality....

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regenstorm

Dear America,

why don't you pull back, it's no use fighting a war which can't be won. The Russians proved it in the 80s.
Or is there something you don't want to tell the general public. Rumors about ancient technology and some sort of portal to other worlds.
What the real reason fighting this war?

While I agree that it is not "America" that controls upon whom we declare war, and where we send out soldiers to die. I disagree the with the "the Russians proved..." comment. More than a decade earlier we came to understand, first hand, the nature of a military quagmire in Vietnam.

But the empire-building commerce crowd understand that such campaigns are the industrialized equivalent of 'sieges' which generate the maximum amount of 'need' in both parties. They then capitalize on that 'need' in numerous ways.

So, in order to stop this kind of international behavior, it would need to be made unprofitable. The American people can't effect that change alone.... only some kind of "supranational authority" could accomplish it.... unless a group of like-minded nations of consequence gathered in some kind of coalition to change the functional dynamics of international conflict... I don't see it happening.

Too bad the people we trust to make these changes are all part of the problem....

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Funding, orchestration, intelligence, covert support and more all come from key players in the Pakistani military and ISI. Which also works covertly with larger enemies of the USA.

Until the Pakistani involvement is removed from the equation there the US is doomed to fail in Afghanistan.

Either deal with it, or get the hell out... Not one grain of sand, or opium poppy in that godforsaken land is worthy of even one more drop of American blood.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
My heart and thoughts go to the families of these dead US Soldiers.

This war will never be winnable, we all know this, how more deaths are going to occur, until our Governments realize they cannot win.

Bring the troops home.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Why 13. Ever noticed the numbers, how many die in various events? Its a sign its all rigged.

Rik Clay & 2012- RIP 1/9

A lot on numbers here.
edit on 29-10-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Iam sorry for the loss of life but in a way I understand how someone could be a suicide bomber (Dont agree with it btw)
Imagine if your wife was killed by an american bomb
Now add your kids
Now add half of your village
Now wouldnt you want to get revenge? Iam not saying its right but if its the only way.
I have not had my wife n kids killed, but if say a North Korean bomb killed them all and they occupied my country I would want revenge.
Again its just a sorry state of affairs and I send out my thoughts to all the familys involved.
Just a thought though do any of you americans know if sons/daughters of the people in power are risking their lives or is it just the common mans kids who have to go out there?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousFem
My heart and thoughts go to the families of these dead US Soldiers.

This war will never be winnable, we all know this, how more deaths are going to occur, until our Governments realize they cannot win.

Bring the troops home.

I hope you just forgot to mention 4 afghans got killed as well, spare a thought for their families.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Five troops and eight civilians were killed in Kabul when a suicide bomber struck a vehicle in a military convoy.

Source: www.CNN.com

It wasn't just soldiers, civilians were killed and one Canadian.
If anyone finds the names, can you please post.

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Why is nobody saying this was a false flag attack and the dead troops are in fact alive and well and living in Florida Keys?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
A Portal..?

More like an oil pipeline from Turkmenistan/Caspian Sea to China and India. Ever notice that small sliver of land in Afghanistan's most western part? It borders China.

Not to mention the strategic-military value of Afghanistan to the allies because of its close proximity to Iran, Russia, and China.

Or, maybe it was the $1,000,000,000,000 worth of iron, copper, cobalt, gold and lithium we just pretended like we found there.

So let’s get this straight, the country had no real government, its location is both militarily and economically viable, plus it has a trillion $ worth of precious metals just sitting there. Let’s face it, it was ripe for the taking and we had nothing else going on at the time. If our leaders wanted it, who cares what us peons think.

Sorry, to hear about the loss of life.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
13 more heartbreaking reasons to end this pointless war.
edit on 29/10/2011 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01

I refuse to "support the troops". I do NOT support their actions at all.

I will hope for their safe return back to their friends and families, though, with minimal psychological and emotional damage.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01
Another suicide bombing.....

I really cannot stand these people..........

While I sit here as an armchair warrior, I am cheering on our troops over seas............

"support the troops" is an George Carlin American "okie doke".. a fake euphemism. Support them how? with positive thoughts? socks & underwear?.. lol what exactly do you do to "support" them?

Strangers, uninvited illegal aliens, occupying another mans land at gunpoint is not a morally supportable action.. maybe if 1930s Germans awoke from their patriotic drunken stupor and put a stop to their violent amoral party leaders.. wwii could have been avoided.

Going along with history repeating is average, lame.. and boring.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join