It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

13 Americans Said to Be Among Killed in Kabul Attack

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

13 Americans Said to Be Among Killed in Kabul Attack

www.nytimes.com

ABUL, Afghanistan — At least 13 American soldiers were among more than 20 people killed when a Taliban suicide car bomber attacked an armored NATO shuttle bus in Kabul on Saturday, a Western military official confirmed.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
This is not good, especially coming at such a close time to our LEAVING Afghastan. I don't understand why even go through with the trouble when they know we are leaving. Could this possible be a precursor to something bigger, is there a conspiracy in this? Or is it just another suicide bombing. Remember, there were also Australians killed senselessly today.

Whatever is up, I give my sincere regards to the families who have lost members today over senseless violence. It's a sad day.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 10/29/2011 by GoldenObserver because: Addition

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
and ? they invaded and occupied the country illegally.. the afghans are doing what anyone would do when their home is invaded .. fighting for what is theirs.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
That's my point, we are leaving, the opposite of invading.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
and ? they invaded and occupied the country illegally.. the afghans are doing what anyone would do when their home is invaded .. fighting for what is theirs.

FY

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenObserver

With all respect I have to tell you this is just another day in the life of countless killings due to this Treasonist war. Not to mention the slaughter of the innocent people in Iraq and Afghanistan. This is the legacy of criminals in our Govt. and the whores that lobby them. iIn your comment below you say,

I don't understand why even go through with the trouble when they know we are leaving. Could this possible be a precursor to something bigger, is there a conspiracy in this? Or is it just another suicide bombing. Remember, there were also Australians killed senselessly today.

They go to the trouble because they are being murdered and we are occupiers in thier country. What would you do if China troups were raiding your home and taking your family members and friends etc out in the night and killing them and destroying your homeland ? You say in closing,,

Whatever is up, I give my sincere regards to the families who have lost members today over senseless violence. It's a sad day

Thousands of innocent civilians and thier loved ones have died. This day is one of many like it before and the truth is, it was a sad day when we allowed the war to happen in the first place!! s/f thanks op
PS what are they supposed to do? Say it was nice seeing you? Come again, as they wave good-bye to us?
edit on 29-10-2011 by CherubBaby because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

I don't understand why even go through with the trouble when they know we are leaving.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

leaving.....yeah right.

Maybe your thinking of Iraq

link   

Originally posted by Expat888

Piss off. You can at least show some etiquette, courtesy towards the soldiers and their families. It wasn;t the soldiers fault that we invaded, they are mearly the pawns in a big game. Most soldiers despise going to war, yet are forced to.

link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

I understand we are in there and all of that, and they are just defending their territory, but I mean, seriously, we're so close to what seems to be an end to this war, yet people from both sides just seem to want to instigate and drag it further on. It just aggravates me.

Thousands of innocent civilians and thier loved ones have died. This day is one of many like it before and the truth is, it was a sad day when we allowed the war to happen in the first place!! s/f thanks op

I agree with you on this tenfold.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Skerrako

Ahhh, I now see that the talks of leaving BOTH Countries was just premature talk, my mistake, things make a bit more sense now.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

If Australia is staying past 2014, i have no doubt the US will be to.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
When are NATO leaving Afghanistan? By the end of 2014, not like they are going to leave tomorrow.

This will continue, but it is near the end of the fighting season as the Winter snows make combat more difficult. It will all kick off again come Spring. Shame on NATO.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

This is not good, especially coming at such a close time to our LEAVING Afghastan.

You must be kidding. You are never leaving Afghanistan. Ever.

Details of Secret Pact Emerge: Troops Stuck in Afghanistan Until 2024

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Prayers for their families.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

up and until troop withdrawel is complete full rules of engagement apply. Contrary to what they say in the media there will be continued u.s presence there .. its more a scaleback than full pull out.. there will be more fighting and dying on all sides there for a long time to come.. The stupidity and loss of life is disgusting..

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Just read the news.

Funny thing is....this attack occured in Kabul, a region in Afghanistan which is exactly NOT in control of Taliban.
Yet the Taliban have once again demonstrated that they can walk in anywhere, even regions supposedly "secured", and do their thing.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
So how long before they blame this one on Haqqani and it was helped by Pakistani intelligence?

More reasons to invade western Pakistan.

Don't want to lose troops? Get the hell out of Afghanistan. I don't have any sympathy for invaders.
edit on 29-10-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
What a mess! All politics aside, those soldiers killed in this latest attack are there under orders. Some like to make it out that these soldiers are over there on their own accord. I am fairly certain they would rather be elsewhere than some back water the world over.

I am not going to rationalize or play the sympathy card for the Taliban or any group that resorts to carrying out attacks in highly populated areas. Kabul is a large city, and this is where they chose to attack? No regard for civilians at all. They did not attack some foot patrol out in the Afghan back country, but chose to attack a bus loaded with people in a highly populated area. How anyone can try to reason about stuff like this or play politics is beyond me? Thirteen people were mutilated.

I hope they get whoever orchestrated this attack and make them pay dearly! As for the conflict in Afghanistan as a whole? I am in the dark as many others are on here. That discussion is for another time, because this thread is about thirteen human beings that were snuffed-out by a bunch of rabid dogs.
edit on 29-10-2011 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

I am not going to rationalize or play the sympathy card for the Taliban or any group that resorts to carrying out attacks in highly populated areas.

Then start with the invading force that has no qualms about carrying out attacks in highly populated areas... just to take out suspected terrorist/insurgent/whatever leaders.

The invaders (after 10 years) sent in a SEAL team to take out Bin Laden. They can jolly well do the same thing to take out the #2's, #3's, #4's and so on.
edit on 29-10-2011 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by Jakes51

I am not going to rationalize or play the sympathy card for the Taliban or any group that resorts to carrying out attacks in highly populated areas.

Then start with the invading force that has no qualms about carrying out attacks in highly populated areas... just to take out suspected terrorist/insurgent/whatever leaders.

The invaders (after 10 years) sent in a SEAL team to take out Bin Laden. They can jolly well do the same thing to take out the #2's, #3's, #4's and so on.
edit on 29-10-2011 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

You make a point, and I agree that collateral damage is a problem. So it is okay for the Taliban to selfishly put the people whom they supposedly represent at risk, because the so-called invaders or occupiers have killed civilians during combat operations? Wrong is wrong, and people were killed.

Lets stop playing semantics here, and look at it for what it is. One thing is for certain, and that is Afghanistan is slowly becoming the meat-grinder everyone has been fearing since it began in 2001. I so wish the average Afghan would flush the Taliban out, but apparently they are dug in deep. They are nothing but a scourge. All they care about is absolute power. As far as I am concerned, they are in the same boat as the other group you speak so negatively of.

The Taliban has been given ample opportunity to join the politic process in Afghanistan by the Afghan government and unofficially by the US, but they would rather run and gun in the mountains, cause a little mayhem and chaos in towns and cities, and maim and mutilate for good measure. I am sorry, but I cannot rationalize any of that whatsoever. Thanks for the reply!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join