It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Mega Watt E-Cat Cold Fusion Device Test Successful!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Interesting topic... Did some Googling around from stuff brought up about Widom-Larsen theory that was mentioned earlier in the thread.

1. It's not free energy. It requires and consumes fuel in the process. (What it is, if anything, is cheaper energy.)
2. Supposedly it (LENR) has about 1/10 the output in regards to reactions to known and proven nuclear (fission) energy.
3. Because weak nuclear reactions work differently, the main decay product to look for is neutrinos. (In other words, it makes very little if any "hot" nuclear radiation common to fission or fusion.) Supposedly clean compared to nuclear fission or even fusion.
4. Even though less energetic than better known nuclear reactions, LENR is still yields more energy per mass input than any chemical reactions.

Not sure how true the info is... But here's what I could find regarding Widom-Larsen theory:

An interview giving the basics...

New Energy Times page on the subject. (Not sure how credible they are, but at least it provides some more background.)

The NASA scientist that was claimed to say there may have been something to the E-Cat experiment, Dennis M. Bushnell.

Allan Widom's page at Northeastern University.

Lewis Larsen seems to be more of a wildcard though. What I could easily find indicates he's more of an MBA than physicist. (Although he claims both. Likely more research is needed.) But I found his page that goes into some details: www.slideshare.net...

Anyhow, back on the main subject... I'm hoping there's actually something to it and it pans out. Perhaps it might not have as much energy output as hoped, but even if it were to yield 1/2 the expected output it may still come ahead of typical chemical fuel reactions in terms of energy density. The supposed byproducts are also fairly clean. (If not a resource in their own regard.) From what I could get, it seems scalable enough that perhaps vehicles or small portable generators can run on it. Thus, it may be a means to untie from the grid. From an economics standpoint it's still something that would have a demand and may bring relief in regards to soaring energy costs.

I guess we'll just have to keep fingers crossed for some independent verification from other sources.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Quote: Why do you ignore the generator that was constantly running and connected during the entire test?

Just another hoax. Remember the Orbo, with people making similiar claims about it, that was also a hoax
edit on 29-10-2011 by spoor because: (no reason given)

True. By my reckoning (I'm a Generator Technician) it's probably not much more than 200kVA (160kW) and it obviously is running, as indicated by the rain cap up. However, that makes up around a third of the "output" and certainly raises a large question mark. I guess we'll see.

Energy companies would sell their first born and left testicle for something like this. They'll still charge us albeit slightly less but profit margins would increase.
edit on 1-11-2011 by OZtracized because: Messed up quote

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by OZtracized

Agree.
That genny certainly looked small for a 470Kw unit.
And it was running 3-phase, right?
But Rossi's heaters are single phase, or not?
Easy to run 1 phase into the instruments and heaters, that leaves you 2 phases to play with.
You can even tap from any phase to earth, and tap 'unseen' power (done it myself
) though it's not recommended for safety reasons!
So how was the power distributed in the building? Anyone know

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
This is a derivative work of what was confirmed by the US Navy SPAWAR facility years ago.

This is the commercial product of their work with some slight changes.

Peer review article by EEtimes - cold fusion experimentally comfirmed

A lot of us on here who "get it" realize this is a game changer.

As many of us have known for over a decade cold fusion is poorly understood,
but quite real and it was silenced for reasons of money.

Google Video Link

edit on 1-11-2011 by Ex_MislTech because: link

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by OZtracized

I could write an entire thread about Steorn & their 'orbo' technology, which is basically a very efficient pulse motor using a coil design (possibly borrowed) from another inventor, and a BIG FAT lithuim-ion battery that could run it for 4-5 weeks.
In fact i think i will do just that......

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_MislTech
This is a derivative work of what was confirmed by the US Navy SPAWAR facility years ago.

This is the commercial product of their work with some slight changes.

Peer review article by EEtimes - cold fusion experimentally comfirmed

You appear to be another one of the people who claim to be 'cold fusioners' who understand Rossi's reactor, but don't seem to have paid any attention to how it actually works? Rossi's reactor is in no way similar to the design you've linked to. Rossi's reactor is a gas system, where the 'electrodes' are nickel nanoparticles distributed in the gas. Each reactor comes with a low power (~300 mA) radio frequency device which is in some way being fed into the system - either by an internal antenna or through the resistor. This is highly suggestive of an electromagnetic interaction. In that case, this is a completely atypical type of nuclear interaction. i.e there is no existing theory which explains it. The energy release vs nucleon radiation detection rate put this heat engine in uncharted territory in terms of efficiency and safety.

This is all much easier to understand if you just assume that photons have mass.

To my eye, Rossi's reactor is far more similar to John Kanzius' gold nanoparticle RF induction heater - he proved that this could release great amounts of energy from salt water (enough so you can burn oxyhydrogen straight off the surface). I never found out how much energy he was putting into his machine. But this type of nanoparticle research is all over the journals all the time - the fact is: nanoparticles have electromagnetic properties that are not understood by Quantum Electrodynamics. Who is to say, with the right frequency and the right conditions, it isn't easy to accelerate the natural quantum engine?

edit on 1-11-2011 by yampa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
you are absoloutly right it is why we are in afganistan to steal thier lithium so the big oil companies can make the switch and never skip a beat.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by yampa

I never found out how much energy he was putting into his machine.

and thats the critical question

edit to add

its 3 years on now - and this has already been discussed on ATS

where is it now ?

i personally considered his medical treatment ideas credible ,
edit on 1-11-2011 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by yampa

I never found out how much energy he was putting into his machine.

and thats the critical question

i personally considered his medical treatment ideas credible ,
edit on 1-11-2011 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

I don't think it's remotely critical, since that machine was never touted as an efficient energy generator. It was merely an example of radio frequency induced nanoparticle heating. Part of the reason his machine isn't anywhere is because, alas, John Kanzius is now dead.

The cancer treatment was a good idea, yes, but it is not a novel idea. Last month, a German company called Magforce received the first EU approval for an iron oxide nanoparticle therapy for brain tumors, using magnetic induction instead of radio frequency. Professor Naomi Halas from Rice has done the same thing with infrared light and gold nanoparticles. There are many ways to stimulate these nanoparticles into producing heat.

These facts are the reason I currently believe Rossi has a valid device - because the mechanism is a good idea, not because I think he's a great guy. I think he should offer full specs of the design for free, but whatevs.. we'll work it out.

The physics I've read explaining the mechanism have sounded like junk, so I'm not surprised people are skeptical about that part. Personally, I can think of ways that a self sustaining medium energy reaction could be real, without breaking any conservation of energy laws or using esoteric quantum physics.

My thinking is now, could you wrap a reactor in a peltier like device - that way you get instant electrical power?

edit on 1-11-2011 by yampa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by daniel_g

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
I thought Rossi had a degree in engineering but that video says his degree was in philosophy, was that a translation error or was his degree really in philosophy rather than engineering? I'm sure he doesn't have a PhD so that's not the source of confusion.

According to this page, his degree is in "Philosophy of Science and Engineering", from

the University of Milan, with a dissertation on Albert Einstein’s Theory of Relativity and its interrelationship with Husserl’s Phenomenology.

Oh wow, basically a degree with no job field. If I wanted to design a cold fussion device I would hire mechanical, nuclear, and electric engineers. I would consider someone with a philosiphy of engineering as a cheap alternative in my Human Resources department. I mean, they study engineers, maybe he could find me the right employees.

He also has

a degree in Chemical Engineering from Kensington University, California (USA), thanks to the numerous professional credits earned there for the many registered patents he acquired since the first years of his professional career.

DOUBLE OH WOW

Kensington University was forced to shut down by officials in California and Hawaii. It does not have accreditaion in the US nor anywhere in the world for that matter.

Good find. Kensington University is a diploma mill

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by spoor

Originally posted by Arken
The test was at the half power but: 470 kilowatt hour per hour of completely free energy, free of fuel is a breakthrough? Yes, I think this is a breakthrough.

Why do you ignore the generator that was constantly running and connected during the entire test?

Just another hoax.

Hmm it seems there was an outside generator hooked up.

Was this needed just to jump - start the machine, or was it actually what created all the power while burning diesel fuel?
edit on 29-10-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

Well look at it this way if it was only required for a jump start WHY was it kept running?

LOOK at all the people so far wanting to ignore this simple fact what do they say hook line and sinker

HOAX!

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by spoor

Originally posted by Arken
The test was at the half power but: 470 kilowatt hour per hour of completely free energy, free of fuel is a breakthrough? Yes, I think this is a breakthrough.

Why do you ignore the generator that was constantly running and connected during the entire test?

Just another hoax.

Hmm it seems there was an outside generator hooked up.

Was this needed just to jump - start the machine, or was it actually what created all the power while burning diesel fuel?
edit on 29-10-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

Well look at it this way if it was only required for a jump start WHY was it kept running?

LOOK at all the people so far wanting to ignore this simple fact what do they say hook line and sinker

HOAX!

I won't say HOAX right away without being certain absolutely, but it's a great point that I cannot ignore.

I hope that we are misunderstanding this issue but I am afraid that there is a possibility it's being misrepresented as a perpetual power source.

We will have to wait and find out, but since I have to wait and I am impatient it is understandable that doubts can fester and grow over time since I keep paying outrageous electric bills.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Do not wait for this free energy contraption.

Best is reduce your electric usage.

Even if there is something to it, it is not likely to reduce your bill. There are enough big fish between the inventor and you that 1 cent item will become 100 cents before it reaches you.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

Nuclear reactions turn matter in energy. Everyone knows it.

no, nuclear reactions release the potential energy stored in that matter. He's arguing semantics, you can't "create" something from nothing, so saying this device creates energy is incorrect, the energy was already there stored in the mass, the device merely releases it.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Supposedly releases it.....

....as long as we're being semantic pedants

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Well on the one hand it seems strange that he's not allowing a legitimate peer review to occur, but on the other hand if he's half as paranoid as most people on ATS (
) then he'd be inclined to keep a lid on the details until he can release the technology in a large enough scale that Big Oil couldn't bring it down. So it could be a scam, or just prudent planning. Hopefully we'll know which soon.

Originally posted by pauljs75
From what I could get, it seems scalable enough that perhaps vehicles or small portable generators can run on it.

Soooo, we could maybe build a car using a cold fusion device, which doesn't actually -directly- generate energy, but generates heat which can in turn be used (via a steam process) to generate energy. And thus, our hope for the future is a steam-driven car, much like we had back in the 1800's. Oh the irony

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by onecraftydude

I have shared this design with everyone on youtube. Specific components and details are held by me, but a persistent person could figure it out easily. I only want to find funding to further the technology and build better equipment than I can build in my garage. I am not a corporation so I have no money for R&D. I thought as soon as I was able to show the reaction of the plasma causing the resistance break-down in the water and the subsequent plunge in watt consumption while doing the same work I would be fighting off offers for R&D money.

here is a link to my device: www.youtube.com...
edit on 30-10-2011 by onecraftydude because: (no reason given)

I'm not sure I agree that your device is similar. Rossi's reactor is a heat engine inside a sealed container, as far as I can see. I don't think there is any regular electrolysis of water here.

This supposedly depicts the internals of the Rossi reactor:

Rossi reactor + boiler system:

But I guess there is much overlap of phenomena within this field, plasma is essentially EM anyway, no? But either way, you have a pretty sweet looking machine! Good work.
Are you doing any kind of shaping of the input energy, trying different frequencies etc?
edit on 2-11-2011 by yampa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

Originally posted by GLontra

Originally posted by Fromabove
I so hate hoaxes.

No matter how sci fi they pretend to be.

Energy is neither created nor destroyed, so the best you can do is to find a balance when it changes from one form to another. Stored energy is transferred into work and that creates power. Nothing is free, not in this universe.

Energy is created in all the nuclear power plants in the world. It's created from mass. E=mc², remember?

Nuclear reactions turn matter in energy. Everyone knows it.

This device is Nuclear Fusion, the kind of nuclear reaction that fuels our Sun, and all the other stars. It's much more efficient and safer than Nuclear Fission.

The sun will run out of energy and die, explode and die,, or implode and die, but it will die. Nuclear reactors, the fuel runs out and gets put in Yukka mountain or someplace to die off over ten thousand years but it still dies off.

Die off it may, but new star's are born all the time

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by fusionman
I have studied this technology for the last year and believe this technology to be real.
There are countless lab tests showing energy gain, but Rossi is the first to make large gains.
The process converts Nickel into Lead (requiring a Nuclear process). Gamma rays are given off, Nuclear!

There were no Gamma rays detected outside the E-Cat, and, as far as I have see, nobody made any measurements inside it.

I believe a new Energy era was started on the 28th.
I hope so, but the fact that Rossi's partner (the scientist that have been studying this for many years) says that he doesn't know what the "secret additive" that Rossi uses makes me think that something is wrong.

Preventing his work from being stolen more like...

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchRider

Preventing his scam being identified most likely - can't steal what doesn't exist!

2nd

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join