It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corrupt Cop's Sentencing Proves Court Double Standards

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
The courts show double standards again

A corrupt cop charged with threatening false charges, stealing, extortion, conspiracy, weapons offences & selling stolen goods has claimed anxiety, & depression caused him to do it. (Oh poor baby)
His crimes are compared to being no worse than "a little old lady shoplifting." (what a crock of SH1TE.)

Worst of all they don't even name & shame him.

He is nothing but a hypocritical pig, who saw his chance at power & took it.

This scum get a whole pathetic two years, anyone else would have the book thrown at them & be accused of being in the mafia.

He is put a in special pig gaol. (Oh we have to treat him with kid-gloves.)

au.news.yahoo.com...

He risked his life as a cop, now he's risking his life as a disgraced cop.

Now in jail for committing a raft of corruption, conspiracy and weapons offences, a former Sydney detective will get out as soon as 2013 but his life will be at risk until the end of his days.

The 40-year-old father of three young children wept in court on Thursday after he pleaded guilty to six charges and admitted guilt to another 10 offences ranging back to 2008.

"I know I will always be known as a disgraced police officer," the man, who cannot be named, said.

"I've lost everything. I've lost my house."

Codenamed LP2, he took the stand in the Downing Centre District Court after entering his plea and before Justice Andrew Haesler handed down a non-parole sentence of two years.

"He risked and continues to risk serious injury or death," Justice Haesler told the court.

"He will serve his sentence in constant fear."

Since his arrest, the man has assisted police in two operations and has voluntarily provided information into a number of ongoing inquiries.

The details of those operations have been suppressed for his safety and the safety of his family.

His sentence reflects a 30 per cent reduction for those co-operative actions and another 10 per cent for pleading guilty to the offences.

"Those controlled operations put his life in danger," Justice Haesler said.

He and his co-accused, LP1, who is already serving a jail term, were involved in corrupt practices dating back to 2008.

They extorted tens of thousands of dollars from tobacconists by threatening them with trumped-up charges.

The pair also stole thousands of dollars worth of tobacco leaf from the business operators and sold the product, splitting up the cash.

When police arrested LP2 in January 2009, they seized ammunition, an illegal baton, a butterfly knife and a handgun.

LP2 also admitted giving false evidence to police corruption proceedings and attempting to influence a witness due to give evidence at the same proceedings.

In April 2011, LP2 was found to have made a false statement while applying for a passport, court documents show.

Consulting psychiatrist Daniel Murray said the man's anxiety, depression and post traumatic stress disorder explained his fall from decorated police officer to a criminal.

"It's a mainstream psychiatric illness," Dr Murray told the court.

"Such as a little old lady shoplifting."

Justice Haesler also noted that LP2 would remain on prescribed medication for the rest of his life.

He will be housed in the Special Purpose Centre (SPC) of jail for his protection.

He will have almost no contact with other prisoners and won't be able to participate in most prison activities.

"All the best, mate," one of his barristers said before court officers took him into custody.

edit on 27-10-2011 by acrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
He got off easy because he provided info into other stuff. Snitches can sometimes get a good deal. Heck, he's saving them a lot of grief and public shame by giving them that info. It's no wonder he got such a good deal.

It's down and dirty, but it's not necessarily a double standard. Snitches get decent deals whether they wear a badge or not a good bit of the time.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   

"He risked and continues to risk serious injury or death," Justice Haesler told the court.

"He will serve his sentence in constant fear."

Maybe now he will know how people on the street feel about the cops. 2 years, with special treatment, is the REAL disgrace in all of this, for 16 charges. Thats an absolute mockery of the word justice. At least theres one less corrupt cop on the streets, but that means there will be one more incompetent private security guard throwing his weight around when he's released.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

Sadly true.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I'm sure someone with the proper skilz could find out who this guy really is, and post it all over Oz. That would totally take care of him, you know it would. He wouldn't last five minutes

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
One can only hope the CO that takes him to his sell yells out former cop. Life has a funny way of making things right at time... not all the time but some of the time

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux

Pathetic but what's new??

There are so many suppression orders in Victorian courts at the moment that no one knows what's really going on..
They are all in place, as usual, to protect corrupt police and other Government officials..

Definitely double standards abound in our "so called" justice system.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
you guys do realize this is a cop from australia, right?
i'm not an American but i hate to see this thread turn into a bash 'the police state America' thread.

A SYDNEY policeman has pleaded guilty to extorting tens of thousands of dollars from tobacconists and lying to the NSW police watchdog. The disgraced detective, code named LP2, pleaded guilty today in Sydney's Downing Centre District Court.

linkydink

ETA:

or am i the one showing ignorance?
just googled there IS a sydney in america.
edit on 27-10-2011 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Yes, I knew it was Australia and your link says NSW, which is an Australian state.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Could you please enlighten me as to where anyone said this was a bash 'the police state America' thread.

You were the first & only to mention such a thing.

edit on 27-10-2011 by acrux because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join