It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chancellor of St Pauls Cathedral Resigns over Occupy London.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
The Cannon of St Pauls Cathedral has resigned over his position on Occupy London. The Cathedral wants to move on the protesters who are currently camped out in the grounds at St Pauls. Cannon Giles Fraser was in support of the protests and asked the police to scale back their presence.

Dr Fraser, who has been sympathetic to the protest camp, said on Twitter: "It is with great regret and sadness that I have handed in my notice at St Paul's Cathedral."

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 27-10-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Now there is a man of conviction and certainly not one anyone can call a dirty hippie or communist. Look hard enough and every segment of society would seem to be represented. Including whatever each individual person considers the 'correct' segments. It's all there to find, and I tip my hat to this man of the cloth. If people had just half his strength of conviction, we wouldn't have gotten to a point where Occupy was needed in the first place, IMHO.

S/F for a great story, in an inspirational way. Sorry he had to sacrifice what he did though.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

It is a very rare thing in these days for people to stand behind their principles. This man should be applauded and in my book is a true follower of Christ, supporting those who want to throw out the money changers.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I'm pissed at his bosses, so called holy men, that have forced this gentle man into resigning..

Obviously even the church panders to big brother.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Here's the deal: officially the Cannon had decided his position had become 'untenable'. In reality the cathedral has been losing £20,000 in donations every day while the protesters have been camped on its doorstep, meaning Dr Fraser has come under immense pressure to retract his support for the protesters.

Paraphrase:

"These people represent a just cause."

"That's not our priority. Get out!"

Does it remind you of anything?

The Passover of the Jews was near, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem. And He found in the temple those who were selling oxen and sheep and doves, and the money changers seated at their tables. And He made a whip of cords, and drove them all out of the temple, with the sheep and the oxen; and He poured out the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables; and to those who were selling the doves He said, “Take these things away; stop making My Father’s house a place of business.” His disciples remembered that it was written, “Zeal for your house will consume Me.”

Source John 2:13-17

“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you tithe mint and dill and cummin, and have neglected the weightier provisions of the law: justice and mercy and faithfulness...

Source Matthew 23:23

Funny how things don't change.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

Yes, I'm not a big bible reader but I do know that the ONLY TIME I'm aware of Jesus actually becoming violent was this time against the money traders (Bankers)..

Is there a sign in that??

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Wow, maybe one in life time do you find such a high-profile Christian who still follows his teachings. Kudos to the guy, I take off my hat to him (If I had a hat).

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Yeah I hear they are losing money, but I guess when you charge a £14 entry price it will hit you in thee pocket. It's a good job they have some wealthy supporters out there, should things get a little tight.

Lloyds TSB Group plc
An Independent Trust Associated with Barclays
City of London Corporation
City of London Endowment Trust
The Schroder Foundation
Goldman Sachs International

Just a few of their supporters

Here are their Corporate partners

Corporate Partners
Lloyds Banking Group
Fidelity Investment Managers
CMS Cameron McKenna
London Stock Exchange
Sarasin & Partners
BGC Partners

www.stpauls.co.uk...

It's a little clearer now, why they are so keen to get rid of these anti corporate protesters.
edit on 27-10-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Why am I not surprised to see that the £40million rebuild campaign was supported by such people as -

Goldman Sachs International
N M Rothschild & Sons Ltd
J.P. Morgan
The Freemasons’ Grand Charity
London Stock Exchange

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Tea4One

and they have the cheek to charge £14 entry fee to unsuspecting tourists. Charging people to go into a place of worship doesn't sit right with me.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Haven't you heard? Nothing comes for free, not even God's infinite love. His love goes up with inflation.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

"£14 entry price" + Propped up by multinational financial institutions?!

Jesus entered the temple and drove out all those who were buying and selling in the temple, and overturned the tables of the money changers and the seats of those who were selling doves. And He *said to them, “It is written, ‘MY HOUSE SHALL BE CALLED A HOUSE OF PRAYER’; but you are making it a ROBBERS’ DEN.”
And the blind and the lame came to Him in the temple, and He healed them...

SourceMatthew 21:12-14

If the Cannon appears amongst the crowd I dare say they would give him a moment to lead in a brief prayer for justice.

You know what happened last time around?

Jesus came out from the temple and was going away when His disciples came up to point out the temple buildings to Him. And He said to them, “Do you not see all these things? Truly I say to you, not one stone here will be left upon another, which will not be torn down...”

SourceMatthew 24:1-2

Everything they showed him ended up as a pile of rubble. Either a church is a place where people's focus is prayer and where people's lives are healed, or it degenerates into an abomination, and is cursed.

The protesters are not there to pray. Neither were the Roman legions there to fulfil Christ's prophecy. But Scripture and history show that God detests injustice, corrupt religion and hypocrisy.

So, Cannon Fraser, guess who's on your side?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Plenary Indulgence
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
For the past week or so I keep going back to Marry Poppins, I can't stop thinking about it. Feed the birds is a song in the movie about a person without a job that calls for people to help the hungry birds, or those in need, on the steps of Saint Paul's as the opposition of the bankers in the movie...

Somebody really needs to get him to stand out there with them and give him a chance to speak. He lost his job for you, and that makes him one of the 99%

If somebody over there does get him to do so, you may even want to ask if he will read the song from the steps.

Early each day to the steps of Saint Paul's
The little old bird woman comes
In her own special way to the people she call,
"Come, buy my bags full of crumbs;
Come feed the little birds,
Show them you care
And you'll be glad if you do
Their young ones are hungry
Their nests are so bare
All it takes is tuppence from you
Feed the birds, tuppence a bag
Tuppence, tuppence, tuppence a bag
Feed the birds," that's what she cries
While overhead, her birds fill the skies

All around the cathedral the saints and apostles
Look down as she sells her wares
Although you can't see it,
You know they are smiling
Each time someone shows that he cares

Though her words are simple and few
Listen, listen, she's calling to you
"Feed the birds, tuppence a bag
Tuppence, tuppence, tuppence a bag"

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Phantom

Feed the church, £14 a bag...

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
A little more info on the resignation of Revrand DR Giles Fraser

In a statement to the Guardian, Fraser, who was appointed canon in May 2009, confirmed his resignation, saying: "I resigned because I believe that the chapter has set on a course of action that could mean there will be violence in the name of the church."

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
And to add to the fire, the London Mayor Boris Johnstone, has joined the Chorus of those demanding that the occupy st Paul's needs to stop. Funny how they all have jumped on the bandwagon. We in the UK now do not have the right to Protest peacefully. There is the UK Democracy for you.

The Coalition Government are as bad if not worse than the previous Governments.

edit on 27-10-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Top credit to the man

Did you know that 1m grave stones have been desiscrated in the UK ?

Deal is the local vicar invites the local stonemason in to conduct elf and safety tests by giving grave stone a wobble at £2.00 a pop and any that wobble are pushed over and the cost to have the stones put back up (Can not d-i-y) is £140.00 with the local vicar taking a backhand cut for his investment.

Now Jesus didn't get driven down the road in the back of a rolls royce in a expensive wooden box and nor will I.

elf and safety is being used at every turn when it's a way of the state saying we don't know but we are doing this anyway and they try to say the protest camp at St Paul's has rats running around all over the place well i don't know about that but I do know it has lots of pigs all over the place

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Didn't realise there was a thread already, just started one

Anyway, I'll post my thoughts here.

I think this is fantastic, a real "Man of God" standing up for the PEOPLE.
He was the only one in the Cathedral speaking up for these protesters and welcomed them with open arms.
However, the Cathedral was closed and plans were afoot to have the protesters removed.... this guy wasn't having any of it and after days of deliberation, He finally resigned his posr as "Chancellor" of St. Paul's.

His colleagues have gone against everything that their religion teaches and this guy stood out on his own, in the face of adversity and pressure from his cronies.

Many of the protesters have come out in his defence and said he is a true man of his word and a man of god.

This guy has got his priorities right and good for him

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I dont know if this qualify s for its own Thread, but I am adding it here, since it has a lot to do with the occupy movement.

Anti-capitalist protesters have been ordered to leave a protest camp in Glasgow's George Square one day after a woman was raped at the site.

In a statement, the authority said: "We have explained to the protesters on many occasions that their presence in the square is illegal and that they should leave.

BBC News Glasgow

We now have Glasgow council, infringing on people rights to Demonstrate peacefully, although they are denying this has anything to do with the ongoing, investigation into the rape of a Individual female. I am writing to my MSP Voicing my concern over the Councils actions, on eroding the Scottish peoples rights to protest.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join