It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Favorite Sci-Fi or Fantasy Villain?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
So, who is your favorite Sci-Fi or Fantasy Villain?

For me, it's Grand Admiral Thrawn (Star Wars, books after the movies).

Basically, he was always at least 4 steps ahead of all of the heroes, and even they had to marvel at his strategic genius. He also had a unique angle, in that he studied a species' art, to gain insight into their way of thinking...kind of a neat unique quirk.

Whether Jedi or Sith Lord, Thrawn could still maneuver them into doing what he wanted, and put them in their place.

So, who is your favorite villain and why?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Mine's gotta' be Apophis from Stargate SG-1 his smug arrogance is most enjoyable.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Not sure if he'd really qualify as a villain, but I'll probably have to say Q from Star Trek TNG at the moment.

All-powerful, curious and mischievous, not exactly benign but not outright hostile. Kind of reminds me of myself (when I'm feeling all-powerful and whatnot, of course).

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
for me magneto from x-men because
its the f***ing MAGNETO xD

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Bill Sikes from Oliver Twist.

He is on this list of Villians:-

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Perfect Cell from Dragonball Z.
He was a total bad-ass that held no compassion for life. He also had the power to regenerate himself as long as one cell out of his entire body remained intact. ALSO after every near-death experience, he would become stronger. He was the perfect warrior.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Easy. Scorpius from Farscape:

Laid back and dangerous.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Right now..
I'm thinking Terminator 2 ( T-1000 ) would be the best villain.
:-)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
1. Hannibal Lecter, brilliant and disturbed

2. Darth Vader, no need for comment there!

3. Magneto, see Hannibal above

4. Alec Baldwins character in Glengary Glen Ross. (cant remember his name, but it doesnt matter)

5. Lord Verminaard, Dragonlance

6. Denna, Sword of Truth series, tragic backstory and life

Ps. keep editing as i keep thinking of new villans!
edit on 26-10-2011 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Well I'm sure you can guess....but...Catwoman of course!

and in the movies, I would say Haniibal Lecter.
edit on 10/26/2011 by StealthyKat because: added content

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Damn, which one? Lee Merryweather, Eartha Kitt, Julie Newmar or Michelle Pfeiffer? Halle Berry need not apply. Julie was my fav. though Eartha's purring was something to set a young boy's thoughts to fluttering.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
The Daleks (not really a "villain" per se, but "villains") from Doctor Who.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
OOPS! I forgot Callisto from Xena Warrior Princess! She was BAD A**!

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by Gazrok

Well I'm sure you can guess....but...Catwoman of course!

and in the movies, I would say Haniibal Lecter.
edit on 10/26/2011 by StealthyKat because: added content

Anne Hathaway might top it next year...

My favorite would have to be Heath Ledger's Joker. And yes, the new Batman movies are Sci-fi.
edit on 26-10-2011 by DarkKnight21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I like Julie Newmar and Michele....they both have that feline quality! Especially Julie.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Thank you! I had such a hard time trying to figure out one of my favorites and Pheifer's Cat Woman is my favorite! May sound dumb but she's what I think of when someone talks about a strong woman lol.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkKnight21

You never know but she has some hard paws to follow hehe...I agree Heath Ledger was great as the Joker!

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
My favorite villain is The Operative from Serenity. So noble and so wrong.

OiO

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by angrymomma

I know.....she was awesome in that role....her eyes said..."don't **** with me" and at the same time said "bring it on"

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Counsellor Albedo from the Hyperion Cantos. Set 900 years in the future when humans are on a few hundred different planets. He was a holographic representative of the TechnoCore, the AIs who split off from the humans in a nonviolent arrangement. They would "assist" humanity with amazing technologies, but seem to have an agenda... I won't ruin it. Nobody even knows where the "hardware" where the AI entities exist, exists...

A quote from Albedo near the end when the "hero" is caught in the prison of the human government, which is highly religious BTW, and the TechnoCore has convinced the humans that she is a huge threat to them...

He instructs a highly advanced killer cyborg to "bite off her nose, and eyelids... SLOWLY..."

It literally made my stomach turn after becoming attached to the character vicariously through her "protector", Raul Endymion through the last two of the four books.

"Technically" speaking, the villian would be the "evil" factions of the TechnoCore. Albedo was merely a holographic representation.

How Dan Simmons came up with this epic saga, I do not know. But those four books could have been divided into at least 10 or 20 stories of their own... You really feel like you "got a good deal" or actually absorbed 10 or 20 books of storytelling value out of those 4 books. I own the first 3. Only when I find the 4th, I will read it again.
edit on 26-10-2011 by 3n19m470 because: the first two books are set about 700 years in the future. The last two, about 900.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join