It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FA-18 Fighter In Iraqi Airspace

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Received this email a short while ago and gotta a chuckle out of it. Whether its B.S. or not, it will get a rise out of any patriotic person out there. Semper Fi.

In addition to communicating with the local Air Traffic Control facility, all
Aircraft in the Persian Gulf AOR are required to give the Iranian Air Defense
Radar (military) a ten minute 'heads up' if they will be transiting Iranian
Airspace.

The following conversation was heard on the VHF Guard (emergency) frequency 121.5 MHz:

Iranian Air Defense Radar: 'Unknown aircraft you are in Iranian airspace. Identify yourself.'
Aircraft: 'This is a United States aircraft. I am in Iraqi airspace.'
Air Defense Radar: 'You are in Iranian airspace. If you do not depart our airspace
We will launch interceptor aircraft!'
Aircraft: 'This is a United States Marine Corps FA-18 fighter. Send 'em up, I'll wait.'
Air Defense Radar: (total silence)

WARMS MY HEART.......

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
lmfao, that was great. that is one bad plain, wish i could have one to play with and fly around.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Very true. It can lay down the hate.

Second

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reminds me of the story about a hand held police speed gun locking onto a fighter jet and getting jammed, the police complain to the RAF and get a reply something along the lines of;
"our fighter jet registered an unknown radar locking on to it but luckily the pilot managed to overide the missile that was about to be sent at you"
cant remember all of it, and i know its made up but its still funny

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
it's fake. iran would just launch a russian made s-300 missile with chinese and n.korean upgrades and the poor sucker in the f-18 wouldn't know what him.

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by crkking
Received this email a short while ago and gotta a chuckle out of it. Whether its B.S. or not, it will get a rise out of any patriotic person out there.

Because any patriotic American knows that the US has the right to fly over any country in the world, wherever they like at any time.
And if anyone else in the world wants to complain about this violation, they will get beaten up.

Ah yeah.. so where is that old thread asking why the rest of the world hates the USA?
Should post that story there.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Funny stuff. I'm sure that the U.S. miltary would love for the Iranians to gett froggy and jump. This is probably the tip of the iceburg....But, still, very funny. Good find, S&F

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
haha, this is funny. A little... Though I doubt it is true. If it were, Iran's government would be all over the media, screaming about a US plane entering Iranian airspace.

edit on 25-10-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
It's an old joke. I talk with a person on another forum who has the same exact thing for his moniker for over two years now. Only difference was , it was Air Force instead of Marine.
edit on 25-10-2011 by freedom12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Iran's Migs and Mirage fighters can out-perform a F-18 without breaking a sweat.

... so, yeah, maybe this is not a good idea.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

Out perform the F18? .. I'm always open minded, but from what I've seen, the F18 carries twice as much ordnance, and 2 more hardpoints than iran's mig-29's, plus superior countermeasures , flies mach1.6 (probably quite a bit faster, but the military never publishes true performance specs because that info is always classified..

I'm not flat out saying you are wrong, I'm just thinking the F18 is far superior in every way than anything Iran has in the air
What I'm trying to say is that with US pilots and the planes they fly today, with the support they have- everything else in the air are just so many target drones...

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

and lets not forget man versus machine either.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
Iran's Migs and Mirage fighters can out-perform a F-18 without breaking a sweat.

They cannot, and their lesser trained pilots cannot. The F-14's they once had would be quite the fight, though it's very unlikely any still fly.

edit on 26-10-2011 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

The F-14's they once had would be quite the fight, though it's very unlikely any still fly.

F-14s in Iran are still flying. They are regularly seen during exercises and miliary parades. See following for 2011 images.

www.airliners.net...

www.airliners.net...

www.airliners.net...

www.airliners.net...

Iran also manages to keep their F-4 fleet going along with other US designs such as F-5s.

www.airliners.net...

edit on 26-10-2011 by tommyjo because: Additional info added

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Oh look.
I can see John Wayne through my tears.

Nope I'm sorry, it's Clint.
edit on 26-10-2011 by TerryMcGuire because: Nope I'm sorry, it's Clint.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by crkking
Received this email a short while ago and gotta a chuckle out of it. Whether its B.S. or not, it will get a rise out of any patriotic person out there.

Because any patriotic American knows that the US has the right to fly over any country in the world, wherever they like at any time.
And if anyone else in the world wants to complain about this violation, they will get beaten up.

Ah yeah.. so where is that old thread asking why the rest of the world hates the USA?
Should post that story there.

Perhaps your hatred clouds your reading skills. The plane was in IRAQI airspace, so the Iranians were the bullies in this story and the US was simply letting them know they wont be bullied. Marines are not hikers, you can easily go into Iraq to arrest some stupid American brats (although its not legal), but they are cowards and would not do so to the US military.

Hatred is blind however.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
Perhaps your hatred clouds your reading skills. The plane was in IRAQI airspace

But it wasn't, as this story wasn't true - it's a rehash of a similar theme used for different settings; the navy, air force, etc.

Just another Yankee feel-good anecdote which, more than likely, didn't happen.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
This joke is about 4 years old but it's a good one.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by crkking

Received this email a short while ago and gotta a chuckle out of it. Whether its B.S. or not, it will get a rise out of any patriotic person out there. Semper Fi.

Airspace.

The following conversation was heard on the VHF Guard (emergency) frequency 121.5 MHz:

Iranian Air Defense Radar: 'Unknown aircraft you are in Iranian airspace. Identify yourself.'
Air Defense Radar: 'You are in Iranian airspace. If you do not depart our airspace
Aircraft: 'This is a United States Marine Corps FA-18 fighter. Send 'em up, I'll wait.'

WARMS MY HEART.......

That is why you are American.

You like invasion and blood shed.

We ( Iranian ) are keeping our eyes open.

We don't use money to support our army recruited forces. We send our young lions right to the front to defend our soil and honor.

And I suggest you to stay calm the next time you receive an e-mail from warmongers

You think that War is some kind of counter strike or video game.

War is the ugliest thing in the planet ....

Both side will lose money and time and men to stay stable and in the current position.

Only the arms industry owners take the beneficiary.

Wars - NWO - Sexual assault

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by hmdphantom
reply to post by crkking

Airspace.

WARMS MY HEART.......

That is why you are American.

You like invasion and blood shed.

We ( Iranian ) are keeping our eyes open.

We don't use money to support our army recruited forces. We send our young lions right to the front to defend our soil and honor.

And I suggest you to stay calm the next time you receive an e-mail from warmongers

You think that War is some kind of counter strike or video game.

War is the ugliest thing in the planet ....

Both side will lose money and time and men to stay stable and in the current position.

Only the arms industry owners take the beneficiary.

Wars - NWO - Sexual assault

I am American because I believe in our ideas. Say what you will about that. That doesn't mean that I agree with every decision the powers that be make. What surprises me is that you talk like you know me. You don't. You have your opinion and I have mine. Stay calm? War is a video game? How many live fire fights have you been in? How long have you been away from your wife and children to stand up for something you believe? Most all things in this world are flawed, we know that, by don't you dare talk as if you know me and my life story. Obviously, you know your video games, that's great. Mine were deployed in a # box desert exchanging gunfire with "young lions", standing up for my country. You are right about one thing...war is ugly, great men are lost on both sides and there is a shame and honor in that combined.

Semper Fi

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join