It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Northern Lights in Kansas...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Northern Lights Visible In Kansas tonight, i have lived in Kansas almost my whole life and have never heard of being able to see the northern lights here. i will be out looking for them just so i can see them.
kake news, local news channel reported

Monday, October 24, 2011 The Aurora Borealis is making an unusual visit to the United States. Also known as the Northern Lights, the phenomenon is visible in parts of Kansas. Researchers say the light show is being caused by a CME or coronal mass ejection. A CME is a massive burst of solar wind. According to analysts, the CME hit the Earth's magnetic field this afternoon at approximately 1 p.m. The impact caused a strong compression of Earth's magnetic field, allowing solar wind to penetrate all the way down to geosynchronous orbit. Experts say the best time to view the lights is around midnight. Artificial lights from cities can disrupt the view. Kansas residents viewing the Aurora Borealis describe it as bands of red light moving across the north/northwest horizon.
form kake.com

i find it odd this dosnt happen every day. do you all think this is leading to something bigger than media is telling us?

edit on 24-10-2011 by NISMOALTI because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I am SOOOoo tired I don't know what to think, it is all so unusual and unexpected. I am sloshing coffee with honey trying to stay awake until midnightish, I will be so bummed if I do not make it and it is the talk of the town tomorrow. I live above Springfield Mo towards KC. Lots of stars tonight for sure. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Hmmm

Maybe theres something to this D4rknight , prophecy stuff after all..............

He mentioned lights in the sky close to this time

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

I do not have the faintest idea if it has to do with D4rk Kn1ght threads but interesting viewpoint........ But didn't Skeptic Overlord debunk his threads? Or was it the Travis guy that was on here? We only have 4 days left till the 28th!!!!!

One other observation, IDK what the timeframe was but there was also supposed to be ufos' sighted in the midwest too....
edit on 24-10-2011 by agentblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by NISMOALTI

Well, I would guess that the increase in activity, or at least the increased range of Aurora activity being witnessed would be a direct result of increased activity with the sun AND increase of geomagnetic storms here.

It might be a stretch, but.... Wasn't there some big pole shift right around the time of the earthquake in japan?
arent there phenomons in the sky in regards to formations of clouds? Dont the land mass' themselves act as mediums in which the magnetic lines of flux run through, and plausibly as they shift or change they influence earths magnetic fields, therefor creating the change in the clouds? And wouldnt a shifting pole, imply that there are going to be or have been large changes in the orientation of the magnetic poles? As well, wouldnt a shifting pole imply the movement of landmass', either previous or to come movements of the earths crust? Dont animals use these poles as navigational guides to help direct them during migration? Havent mass animal deaths been prevelant, and even today groups of wild life(especially animals of the sea) been showing up in weird places at weird times?

All great questions.....

My idea is that, yes there is something taking place.... Being that there have been 2 7.0+ and 2 6.0 mag. earthquakes in the past 3 days. Reports of dolphins and whales showing up in weird places during irregular times(according to their previous migration behavioural patterns).

Do I think it's the end of the world, lol no. Think it's the government using special HAARP technologies and manipulating Earth, lol no. But what I will say, is that people will eventually relearn to respect nature, and if that's too hard.... they will just fear what they cant understand.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
OMG I'm gonna go outside. I live near downtown though so I might not be able to see.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by martianmallow

i know i live in wichita on east side. im getting ready to check it out if i can see any thing cus of the lights

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
maybe some of you can get some pics too...for the fellows ATSers.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprise if the people of Kansas saw the aurora tonight. Here in Michigan,I saw it directly overhead.

I know people in Kentucky that said they saw it.

The sky was also blood red in some spots, it was freaking cool.

Here it happened at 9:30-45, hope you all see, saw it.
edit on 24-10-2011 by quantumdragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
if it will show up on my camera i will post them. well off to look at the lights in the sky

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by quantumdragon
I wouldn't be surprise if the people of Kansas saw the aurora tonight. Here in Michigan,I saw it directly overhead.

I know people in Kentucky that said they saw it.

The sky was also blood red in some spots, it was freaking cool.

Here it happened at 9:30-45, hope you all see, saw it.
edit on 24-10-2011 by quantumdragon because: (no reason given)

You saw it too? Awesome! Does this about sum it up? The Sky Was On Fire!

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Here on the 43rd, 44th parallel, yes. You sum it up, very well.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by NISMOALTI

There was a red aurora borealis when I lived outside of Colorado Springs, Colorado back in 2001.
Kansas is at the same relative latitude.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Well I hung out on the porch for a while but didn't see anything, but my view of the northern horizon is obstructed by trees and downtown wichita so doubtful I would see them anyway. Definitely something I would love to see in my lifetime though.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by martianmallow
Well I hung out on the porch for a while but didn't see anything, but my view of the northern horizon is obstructed by trees and downtown wichita so doubtful I would see them anyway. Definitely something I would love to see in my lifetime though.

i know right im in wichita and couldnt see them, all the bright city lights. sad face. oh well next time eh

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Interesting, I thought the northern lights seemed unusually vivid today. I spotted them quite clearly on my way home tonight. I live a pretty good distance north though, so they aren't a rare sight, just not normally as bright.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Oregon here - NOTHING. Dark sky all night
Sounds like the Northern Lights dipped down through the mid west tonight. LUCKIEZ!!!!

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Well, apparently they were also seen in Georgia last night, as well as Alabama, North Carolina, Tennessee, South Carolina...etc etc etc....I unfortunately didn't even know because my butt went to bed with a sinus infection and some much needed meds at around 8pm, but we are told we will see them again tonight...I will see if I can get a pick. In the mean time I have these two news articles to share
:
truthfrequencynews.com...
spaceweather.com...

seems to be due to a Huge CME, but, I have lived in the south for 20 years...never seen it before.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
i hope we will be able to see them again, if we can i am going to head out to the middle of no where so i can see them.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
If this was in the northern sky I should have seen it. I live in the suberbs in an apartment complex that is away from most of the city lights. I looked to my north at 10 pm and saw nothing. I will try again tonight. I live in clay county north of gladstone. Will I be able to see it from there?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join