It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Chopper Surveys Occupy KC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Today at the occupykc campsite, a helicopter showed up and began circling and hovering around. At first we thought it was a news chopper, however there were no logos like "NEWS 5" or whatever, it was just solid black with a stripe. Another idea was that it was a police helicopter, however there was no shield that said "KCPD" or any noticeable identification. Take a look at the images, and before I spoil it, examine the helicopter and note what you see as abnormal.
First, there is the obvious black color which is a characteristic of government operatives. Then, there is the lack of any identification, which again suggests a government helicopter. Then, the big one, as a guy pointed out to me, the helicopter has something on it's tail. See that thing that sticks out? Well based on what that guy said, those things are signature of UAV and other aircraft that are used for surveying. And as I said earlier, the chopper circled the campsite 4-5 times, and even hovered practically right above it a few times.

I also took some short videos of the helicopter.
There were around 20-30 people at the campsite at the time, but more were arriving as there was a general assembly which was starting soon.
edit on 24-10-2011 by TupacShakur because:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I Bing'd "news helicopter", so compare these with the one that's photographed/videotaped:
I also searched for "KCPD helicopter", and this is the best image I could find:
It bears a striking resemblance to the one at the campsite, so I think it was the local police.

Here's the one from the OP compared with the only image I could find of a KCPD helicopter:
I can't find any images from the actual police department website, but assuming that's a police helicoper, it's definitely the one seen. They're both black, they both have that yellow stripe, however the other side of the police helicopter is obscured so I can't see if it has that survey-extension.

Case closed? I kinda feel bad about flipping off that helicopter, the cops have been nothing but nice to the occupy protesters since they set up camp...
edit on 24-10-2011 by TupacShakur because:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Approximately a week or so ago...I was out and about in downtown Seattle.......and there was a helicopter flying around downtown....hovering low....circling about (Occupy Seattle) and hanging down from this copter was a rope with something bunched up looking hanging from the end of the rope. I found out that what was hanging from the rope was a huge net....that they were ready to release over the (occupy Seattle) crowd in case they became out of control.

So...I am thinking....TPTB...are waiting and preparing for an opportunity to shut down (Occupy). This just may be the case in KC.

new topics

join