It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life's purpose is to make you christian.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by etherical waterwave

, or, he is a Man who became a God, in which case we are supposed to follow his example and become God and Goddesses ourselves. I subscribe to the latter.

HERTIC MAY YOU BE DAMNED!

just kidding

just be glad this is the 21st century and not the dark ages where such thinking
would get you a Visit from the Holy Inquisition.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by boymonkey74

Christianity is not "man made" though because Christ himself established the early church with his teachings and he was not merely a man he was divine in nature.

And this information comes from?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by etherical waterwave
Becoming a believer is the single valuable opportunity that life has to offer.

First I want you to prove my statement is untrue.

What about young starving children in some countries in Africa that likely never hear of Christianity before the end of their short lives? Are they doomed to eternal torment in hell?

Religion is silly.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Either he was a God who became a Man, in which case he is to be worshiped, or, he is a Man who became a God,

What is a God/Goddess?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

1. Back it up, like Jesus did, otherwise your making nothing but unfounded claims.
2. Jesus was a Jew, do you have a point there? He was not Buddist, and witchcraft is absolutely forbidden in the Bible. I do not consider Catholics Christian, they ignore scripture and put there own rituals before Christ. Islam's God is not the God of the Bible, it is revealed that Alah is certainly not Yahweh when you study islam. I'm afraid to say without Jesus in your life you will never know the big picture because you do not know what is to come and think this world is it, but its not.
3. I can find him on Wikipedia easily enough. Science can absolutely prove the existence of God and there is much real science that can validate everything the Bible says to be true. Chemistry and Statistics? You've lost me there...

And i'm sorry to say it but the greatest ignorance is that of your own self pride.
edit on 26-10-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

This was the fight I had with my neighbor last weekend.
2. DID YOU JUST SAY CATHOLICS ARE NOT CHRISTIAN?? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!! We are the ones who started it big boy!!! If it wasn't for catholics, your little rinkydink church WOULD NOT EXIST. JESUS WOULD BE ANOTHER MIDDLECLASS DEAD DUDE LOST IN THE SANDS OF TIME.
3. Jesus WAS a buddhist, or at least at the same time that jesus went missing for 20 years in the bible, there was a carpenter from nazarath in a buddhist area that was teaching at a temple and was a high preist. You connect the dots. Oh thats right, I forgot the "LALALALALA I CANT HEAR YOU" reflex you people have.
4. The conversion of wine and bread to blood and body is witchcraft.
The concencration (Also done in most other denominations) of the church is witchcraft
The invoking of jesus is witchcraft
The warding of demons is withcraft
I can go on and on honeybuns, your not gonna win this one.
5. What I mean is that jesus =/= truth, in the words of bart simpson in response to lisas information about indian gods: "Im so glad we have come to our senses and worship a carpenter that lived 2,000 years ago."

Note; Im catholic, but a modren one, and people like you PISS ME OFF.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by darkredfish

That just show's you are not a Christian as you just basically mocked Jesus Christ with your post and i find your words very insulting. I am glad you admit your religion practices witchcraft because it just proves your a cult and do not follow Jesus Christ.

"The invoking of jesus is witchcraft".

That is absolute blasphemy and it just proves you are not a Christian when you do not capitalize J in Jesus's name.

As a matter of fact it wouldn't surprise me if you was an atheist by the tone of your post. You seem to be a very hateful and bitter person.

Jesus is the truth, and you are nether Catholic or Christian by the way your behaving.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ShortMemory

Keep watching your T.V brainwashed man.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Wow a guy who is clearly brainwashed calling others brainwashed :/

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   

when does tv ever bad mouth christians?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   

That just show's you are not a Christian as you just basically mocked Jesus Christ with your post and i find your words very insulting. I am glad you admit your religion practices witchcraft because it just proves your a cult and do not follow Jesus Christ.

That is absolute blasphemy and it just proves you are not a Christian when you do not capitalize J in Jesus's name.

As a matter of fact it wouldn't surprise me if you was an atheist by the tone of your post. You seem to be a very hateful and bitter person.

Jesus is the truth, and you are nether Catholic or Christian by the way your behaving.

And your half-lies, fabulations and megalomania naturally give you the role of the referee, deciding what's what.

JUST like most of the other self-appointed preachers, prophets and wanna-be messiahs.

The truth is ofcourse, that the great noodle-master is the true god, and that the flying spaghetti monster is a testimony to that. Why....I, Bogomil the rampant, says so, so it's my nonsense against your nonsense and even a sandbox-bully fight can't settle it.

You christians-hate-christians already have tried violence several times, and no permanent answers have manifested.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Wicca and the christian (or at least REAL christians) church practices are the same.
Dont trust me? get this:

a. You invoke god to BLESS things (Wine, bread, people, medals, ect) BLESSING is the EARLIEST form of wicca.
b. You PRAY in church. Talking/asking a higher being to do somthing? Thats wicca too honeycakes.
c. Ever notice the insane use of inscense and candles? Or what about the oils used to concencrate people? Yeah, thats wicca too.

The reason why is because IT WORKS. The catholic church follows wiccans systems to reach other planes of existance because THEY WORK.

Also, you say wicca is banned in the bible?
Thats only put in there because they dont want the populus doing it.

How do I know this? My dad got about 3/4 way through his preisthood before quitting and marrying my mom.

Oh and you say we are a cult? That catholics are a cult? WE ARE THE ONES WHO STARTED IT ALL SUGAR!!!!
Whats your religon?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShortMemory

when does tv ever bad mouth christians?

Look at my recent threads I authored.

major lols

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

reply to post by boymonkey74

Christianity is not "man made" though because Christ himself established the early church with his teachings and he was not merely a man he was divine in nature. What you people tend to forget about Christianity is that it is God coming to man, not Man trying to get to God like most other religions. And scare tactics is not my mission, but when i here word's like his i think to myself their is only one influence that could say such deceitful things.
edit on 26-10-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

I beg to differ here, RevelationGeneration. The word "Christ," came from "Christos," the Greek equivalent of the Hebrew word Messias, which means "anointed." I dare say the Greeks were not writing Bibles in Jesus' time? At this stage the Greeks and Romans understood little or nothing about the import of the word anointed; to them it did not convey any sacred conception.
Want to know who started Christianity? Paul, the Roman, and his Gentile followers.
Some people feel that even though you might think that Jesus was the founder, the energy and organization skills that St. Paul had actually got Christianity off to its start.
(Acts 11:26) "And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch. "

And if you had read the Bible, you would know that. See, Christians are not followers of Christ, they are followers of Paul. So, the fact is, Christianity is man-made after all.

Christianity, as it exists today, is the result of Emperor Constantine who wanted to find a way to unite Europe. Technically, the word "Catholic" means "universal". Constantine was using religion as a binding force to unite the many different religious beliefs of the European people. Those who believed in a "Mother earth" God were told that Mary was that mother. Those who believed that the evergreen tree contained a special status because it never lost it's greenery were told that the Christmas Tree was important. Jews were brought in when Constantine claimed that the origin of Christianity was a Jewish Rabbi.
After creating his universal church, Constantine's armies went across the land, forcing everyone to worship the Christian diety, made so by Constantine and the Council.
Remember that history is written by the victor, and Constantine won the battle to Unite Europe. He was the one who rewrote history and the one who made many of the claims about Jesus. So, it is a little up in the air who actually started Christianity, but it can definitely be attributed to Paul and Constantine.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Yep, and you can find these "false Christs" preaching in every Christian church. And in the Vatican.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Either he was a God who became a Man, in which case he is to be worshiped, or, he is a Man who became a God,

What is a God/Goddess?

Not actually knowing the right answer here, Annee, I would assume that such a deity would be a vast field of intelligent, creative energy. We humans, of course, have to personalize everything. So God would be the Sun, who gives the power, and the Goddess would be the Earth, who gives us everything we need.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I think the Christian's need to watch this film..Man from earth
www.imdb.com...
It will help you understand Christ's real message (If he was real)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

A Cult, you say? Let us look at what a Cult REALLY is:
Cult
noun
1. a particular system of religious worship, especially with reference to its rites and ceremonies.
2. an instance of great veneration of a person, ideal, or thing, especially as manifested by a body of admirers: the physical fitness cult.
3. the object of such devotion.
4. a group or sect bound together by veneration of the same thing, person, ideal, etc.
5. Sociology. a group having a sacred ideology and a set of rites centering around their sacred symbols. dictionary.reference.com...

Does that sound anything like a Wiccan? No, that sounds a lot like Christians, and Muslims. There is your Cult. Ask 10 Christians a question, get the same answer for all. Ask 10 Wiccans the same question, get 10 answers, all different.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by Annee

Maybe Life's Purpose should be to know and accept real truth. And go back to Earth beliefs - - which make complete sense.

Earths beliefs are governed by mans issues... such as...

The strong will overpower the weak...

The old will be pushed aside for the young...

The most intelligent will govern over them all, and use the strong to enforce their beliefs...

Its a flawed system hun.... and eventually it will come to an end.

Theres only one way to have peace on this planet, and man does not have the answer...

Earth beliefs are about nature. Solstice - crops - weather - birth - death - respecting the life-force of the animal you kill to eat - - etc.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

You know exactly what im talking about, because its not only an obvious concept.... but its rather simple as well...

Since when do earths beliefs have anything to do with respecting anything? Our species as a whole respects nothing but their own... we polute the planet relentlessly, we kill ourselves and each other (the only species that actually does that on the scale we do) ... We destroy life, we don't respect it... and that is how its always been until only recently...

The strong overcome the weak... thats how we work. Survival of the Fittest, thats how we live...

What else can i explain?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
You know exactly what im talking about, because its not only an obvious concept.... but its rather simple as well...

Since when do earths beliefs have anything to do with respecting anything? Our species as a whole respects nothing but their own... we polute the planet relentlessly, we kill ourselves and each other (the only species that actually does that on the scale we do) ... We destroy life, we don't respect it... and that is how its always been until only recently...

The strong overcome the weak... thats how we work. Survival of the Fittest, thats how we live...

What else can i explain?

Yes - - you are talking about the inherent animal survival of the fittest.

Which has zero to do with Earth beliefs.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Does that sound anything like a Wiccan? No, that sounds a lot like Christians, and Muslims. There is your Cult. Ask 10 Christians a question, get the same answer for all. Ask 10 Wiccans the same question, get 10 answers, all different.

Thats because wicca is all about finding your own spirituality. There are many things wiccans share in common, and many things they disagree on. A lot of wiccans are _____wiccans. the blank is a religon. For example, if you are a chistian wiccan, you are a trintalian wiccan. If you are a jewish wiccan, you are a judeowiccan.

Some wiccans worship one god, some many, some none.
Some wiccans practice "Witchcraft" some do not.

but the same can be said for christians.

Some christians eat bread and wine every sunday, some do not
Some christians use inscnese in church, some do not

I would not be surprised if there are more christian denominations than wiccan sects.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join