It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slippery Path of Spirituality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Please note that this is a journal, and hopefully, those who read this thread will have some of their hard questions answered in their walk, as my questions have been answered little by little everyday... you are never alone brothers and sisters, not just brothers and sisters in Christ, but of this world. Some may hate me, I will not be surprised, but i think this journal will be helpful in the lives of those that are truly seeking God; the time is near, and just as our Father wants, i want to see you all in heaven and rejoice together in His magnificent truth as we sing Him praises... i am holding back tears as i write this because i know some will not acknowledge Him as our Father, and it may be for some, the last chance.

Here is some background information i just graduated high school and didn't go to college. My grades in high school were HORRIBLE, i should not have even passed junior and senior year. However, before freshman year, I was an A student, in several Gifted and Talented programs, a natural born leader as you would say. If you know me personally, you can say I had one of the best high school careers... i partied since freshman year with the seniors, smoking weed, drinking, popping pills, dropping tabs, snorting lines, treating girls like they were objects... i was young, didn't have much care in the world... but i always felt a void... like SOMETHING wasn't right... anyways,my mental health was breaking down (the '___' trip really didn't help as well, i think that I was infiltrated as gateways were opened) as my family was breaking apart as we felt the economic pressure... and my dad was hard for work, but yet i continued to take money and advantage of him... and since he loved me so much, he was fine with giving me money, which only enabled my spiraling path of destruction. But without that, i wouldn't be in the place i am now, and i am forever grateful. i have had this strong belief that my purpose in life was going to be "great." my spiritual godmother said it,

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DelayedChristmas

Might i suggest reading Matthew 6?

Matthew

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

i cant really understand... i can assume and infer, but i can always be wrong. please explain what you meant.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DelayedChristmas

You said....

I go into the church, and immediately feel uncomfortable. it seemed more like a social gathering, instead of an actual church were believers come together to give thanks and praise our Father. the coffee maker was the watering hole. It's time for worship, and as soon i go inside, i notice the expensive stained glass... and the church was pretty big. but the worship hall wasnt even half full... people were not sitting together and i couldn't feel the love. the most important people in the church were sitting up in the front, chattering amongst themselves.

1Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.

2Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

3But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:

4That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.

5And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

6But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

7But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

8Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.

IF you want to understand your religion, read it for youself... don't let others preach to you... You only learn what "they" want you to learn.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

i couldnt understand the preacher in the first place cause i am not good at speaking korean lol... however, what i did see, is that the minister was good and i understood the gist of his message. he was trying to tell the congregation of the way people in russia were coming up a praising God in the most passionate ways and with all their hearts and thats how you should when you come together to church... but the congregation was not listening... some of them i felt like were there for the social bantering and looking good in front of others while others were praising Him with all their hearts.

and yes, some preachers will preach what they want you to learn... and that is why my former church is now divided... but God has a plan for them, and will judge them Himself.

top topics

join