It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Federal Reserve Explained

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I have seen so many people mentioning the Fed, and I don't think the majority know what it even is. They just think it's bad because they heard it somewhere. If you don't know anything about it, this is a helpful little video. Just thought I'd share. I don't think everything in it is 100% but it gives a good base.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
all you need to know is:

the FED is a PRIVATELY owned bank who lends money to the US governemnt at INTEREST.

thus in fact making it a SCAM.

all you needs to know.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Well yeah but there is more to it than that... Which is why I posted the video. So that people who don't fully understand it *cough* can learn a few things.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Well yeah but there is more to it than that... Which is why I posted the video. So that people who don't fully understand it *cough* can learn a few things.

People who do not fully understand *cough* free market principles and that simply having a federal reserve ensures a closed market system really have no business lecturing others about what they may or may not understand about the cartelization of banks.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Thanks for the thread, Domo. I run into plenty of people who really have no concept of what the Fed is or how it fits into the overall world around us. Simply telling them it's neither Federal or any kind of Reserve would be of little or no value. This gives me something more substantive to send them to for a lay and very quick intro to WHY the Fed is a problem.

....I'd even throw out that showing this as a public display in the OWS locations that have that capability may be productive. Even people who claim to be knowledgeable are among those who give me confused, goofy looks when I mention something about the Federal Reserve......Thanks again!

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

People who do not fully understand *cough* free market principles and that simply having a federal reserve ensures a closed market system

I fail to see where in this thread I've indicated not understanding free market principles, or where you're getting that I don't understand that having the federal reserve ensures a closed market system.

I'm not lecturing anyone, nor am I claiming to be some great source of knowledge. I'm just pointing out that watching the video would help the other poster have a better understanding.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

If you are an advocate of free market principles, then there is really only one thing that needs to be understood about the federal reserve, and that is that it must be abolished and free markets allowed to flourish and prosper once again.

If you are not really an advocate of free market principles, then I suppose you would find some value to what this banking cartel does.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by kn0wh0w

i understand mate.

that's why i flagged your thread for others to see.

i just summed it up

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Sorry my post came across a lot nastier then I thought it would when I was typing it! I appreciate the synopsis. I really hope more people start to realize just how messed up the Fed is.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
the problem is not the federal reserve. it's that there are private interests involved, instead of national interests.

by charging interest on money it lends the government, which is the people, you are indebting all the citizens of america.

that isn't a problem if you're a multi-millionaire sitting on the board of the federal reserve, but it is for the giant majority of americans who don't have 300 million tucked away in switzerland.

if you had the ability to print and lend yourself legal tender and it's perfectly all right and within the law to do so, would you a) print and lend money to your business without interest and pay yourself back when you turn a profit.

or b) give that ability to a competitor, who has his interest in heart, control over your credit, and borrow money from him at whatever interest he feels like giving and at what ever amount he chooses.

that's what in sense has happened to america. they have become indebted to a private consortium of banks with international interest to maintain their way of life and so called wealth.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Here is one of the easiest ways to learn about the functions of the "Fed".
en.wikipedia.org...

I am interested about learning more about this subject since everyone has been talking about it but still interjecting there opinions. I like facts not just what people say around the break table at lunch time.

~Morpheus

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by kn0wh0w
all you need to know is:

the FED is a PRIVATELY owned bank who lends money to the US governemnt at INTEREST.

thus in fact making it a SCAM.

all you needs to know.

in what way is charging interest on credit to ANYONE not a scam?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

in what way is charging interest on credit to ANYONE not a scam?

This may come as a surprise to you, but there was a time, and not too long ago, that most people didn't have any credit cards, and the few that did either had Diner Club cards, or American Express cards that they diligently endeavored to pay off each month so as to avoid interest charges.

People with no credit would rely upon layaway programs, paying a little down each week or month until they had paid off the amount for the product, and then they would walk away with it, completely paid for.

People were willing to accept the credit cards and other forms of credit being offered to them because they were enamored with the idea of having now something that one could pay for later. The exchange in this deal was interest due on the loan in the form of credit.

Call that a scam if you like, but if it is, it was a scam that both the lender and borrower agreed to.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Take your condescending tone elsewhere. I know exactly how it works and I am well aware of the fact that it is an agreement. So is paying for crack coc aine but it's still a scam!

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pimander

Take your condescending tone elsewhere. I know exactly how it works and I am well aware of the fact that it is an agreement. So is paying for crack coc aine but it's still a scam!

Scam defined:

scam Pronunciation (skm) Slang n. A fraudulent business scheme; a swindle. tr.v. scammed, scam·ming, scams To defraud; swindle.

The ignorant always wonder why so many condescend towards them.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
The FED, what a scam! Every time I hear that word I get this joke tag line from the "John Boy and Billy" radio show, "Hey bigman, let me hold a dollar". The FED is a great scam. I explain it to my friends as; Here is how the FED works, Hey, give me a dollar. Then I give their dollar back to them and tell them they owe me interest for lending them their dollar back to them. And it is the law that you must only use "your" dollars lent from me........

or I take out a dollar and give it to someone and explain it like that ....

Ron Paul is the only person I have seen who recogizes the absurdity of the FED

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MorpheusUSA

Thanks for that addition. I really want to have a much firmer grasp on the 'Fed' also. People talk about it nonstop and like I said I don't think many understand it fully, including myself.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
The Private interests in the federal reserve must be giving congress something. This is insane. Someone is blowing someone.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Apparently the op doesnt know how the fed works either. If he did, then he wouldnt have posted that video. The federal reserve does protect against economic problems and helps shorten them . regulates money supply and interest rates, inflation, ....

After Jackson killed off the central bank, we went to the boom and bust cycle until we finally got the federal reserve we have now. Too bad that the bank didnt have enough power during the 20's and 30's to prevent the depression and we had the idiotic gold standard which made he economy worse off for decades before and during the depression.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   

If I lend you money, I have to have some first. The banks don't have all the money they lend to us. That is a scam in any fair minded persons book. Reach for semantics if you like but it won't win you your case.

You are free to use condescending language in your defence of an unfair banking system but people can see through the BS. The attempt to ennoble an unfair society is about as low as you can get in my book - whatever language you use.

ETA: The pathetic attempt to present me as ignorant only illustrates how low you will stoop to appear in some way superior. How many people other than those who already share your position do you think are swayed by your ignorant approach to debating?
edit on 23/10/11 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join