It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vietnam Veterans (EXPOSED TO AGENT ORANGE)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I wanted to post this for Vitenam Veterans who served in country in the Republic of Vitenam from 1-9-1962 to 5-7-1975 is considered exposed to Agent Orange, In RVN means on land.

Im posting this to help anyone out who may be aware of this, It was brought to my attention today from my father a Vietnam Veteran who received this information from his VFW, as a fellow combat veteran I just wanted to get the word out so in turn our veterans get the compenstion and treatment they deserve and need.

ALL THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS ARE CONSIDERED RELATED TO AO EXPOSURE:

Diabetes Mellitus Type 2
Ischemic heart disease(coronary artery disease, etc)
Prostate Cancer
Respiratory Cancers(lung, bronchus, larynx,trachea)
Parkinsons Disease
Non Hodgkins Lymphoma
Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
B-Cell or hairy cell Leukemia
Soft Tissue Sarcoma(other than osteosarcoma, chondrosarcoma, Kaposis sarcoma or mesothelioma)
Multiple Myeloma
Porphyria Cutanea Tarda
Acute and Subacute Periphreal Neuropathy
Cholracne

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I thought this was known pretty well.

That Vietnam Vets had been exposed to Agent Orange.

I had known it. Our soldiers fought in areas that it has been dropped. Direct exposure, you know?

edit on 22-10-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Of course they were exposed to it, they were fighting in places which it was dropped.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Yeah, this is really old news.

But, here's some info on it if anyone wants to make a claim:
www.vba.va.gov...

Edit to Add: Our government doesn't really care though. If they did, they wouldn't be spraying herbicides at the Mexican/American borders to combat illegal immigrants from passing through.
edit on 22-10-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Im glad you know it
, It just took some convincing and facts to let my father know he has been exposed, Ive been trying to get him to the VA and its been so difficult but today was eye opening for him so I hoope I can reach out and help others who not be as informed as you and thanks for your service and welcome home!

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
My apologies if its old news, Im just trying to help get the word out to uninformed veterans.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Blu82

Oh I did not mean to imply I was over there. I am only 24.

I just mean I was aware of Agent Orange and the fact that soldiers had been exposed.

But thanks none the less.

As for your father, wow, I am honestly sorry to hear he was exposed. I hope he is doing okay. I am glad you are getting him the help and compensation he needs.

Good for you, spreading the word.

edit on 22-10-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Thanks, I mean its the least I can do for him and those like him who fought in that war, My father is tough and unbending so this was a blessing today, I just want others to get the help they deserve.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
My dad is a Vietnam Vet class of 68. He has been going to the VA hospital in Atlanta ga for 15 yrs and as of 2008 they have increased the awareness of AO side effects why I dont know. His doctor also had a concern about his children (me and 2 siblings) and birth defects. Im in my late 30's and a former Vet. we all thought if any birth defects would have shown them selves before now but I was diagnosed with the early stages of parkinson's in 2010(coincident?). We had no idea of it's legacy and can go as far as grandchildren. So if any one has concerns about agent orange see a doctor ASAP.
edit on 22-10-2011 by ga-`tv-gi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
here´s a verse from a song called ´Vietnam Story: Uncommon Valor'.
the verse is from RA The Rugged Man.

who retells his father's acount of the Vietnam War in a (sick) rap.

i feel everyone should hear this song, even if you're not into hiphop.

absolutely mindblowing song.

here we go!

Agent Orange is mentioned as well.

just listen
edit on 22-10-2011 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Another crime by Monsanto.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Agent Orange is the code name for one of the herbicides and defoliants used by the U.S. military as part of its herbicidal warfare program, Operation Ranch Hand, during the Vietnam War from 1961 to 1971. Vietnam estimates 400,000 people being killed or maimed, and 500,000 children born with birth defects.

and here's a nice little tidbit.

it was manufactured for the U.S. Department of Defense primarily byMonsanto Corporation and Dow Chemical.

who would have thunked that

emphasis mine.

some pretty nasty stuff.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ga-`tv-gi

Thanks for the reply and im sorry to hear about your condition, Today just really hit home for me as it did for my dad, I think today was his awakening and I only hope thingswork out for you and my father.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
My fathers a Vietnam veteran. It took decades for the government to fully own up and begin compensating many folks exposed to Agent Orange.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
So is the government going to pay for the treatments? I suppose the VA pays for the healthcare for vets anyway. The main thing I was thinking is that it would be next to impossible to link any one of the many conditions you listed directly with the AO. At least in a court of law, in my humble opinion. This is just one of those messed up situations that should have never occurred in the first place. I hope that all the vets get the treatments they need to stay healthy.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

Thanks Jiggy, Im going to help facilitate phone calls and visits for my dad, I have a few connections at the VA in Philadelphia to help get the ball rolling, I receive VA compensation also so I can hopefully get his process started, My dad isnt looking for a handout but he should be compensated as should every single other Vietnam Vet.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Blu82

This is definitely a known thing. My Grandpa told me about it a long time ago. He had problems along those lines his entire life. God rest his soul.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Having spent the past several months going to VA hospitals with my man to have different tests done to determine his general physcial condition and also his exposure to Agent Orange I can attest first hand that it is a slow process to get any firm answers.

Up until recently the military did not admit complete fault concerning it's actions involving Agent Orange.

Three months ago we were directed to a an old medical facility in Georgia that was remade into an Agent Orange testing and information gathering location.
Need I say we were met with controled chaos and were treated like pure gold.

There are four grown children between my man and I.
My childrens father was a VietNam vet who is now deceased.

`It seems the government now realizes our vets were treated very badly concerning Agent Orange and now they understand they are responsible for the care of the vets and their children.

I will say the Vietnam vets still alive are very lucky men and women as I have sat by more than one soldier while he lay dieing from injuries and/or Agent Orange/and/or Other Chemicals.

I have smelled this death since 1963.
I see no end in sight.

My heart is heavy for the vets of all nations.
Over my cheeks tears fall daily.

As time has rolled on so have my grandchildren.
I pray they will not be caught up in our senseless wars.

Am I angry?
You bet I am.

OP even though the subject of Agent Orange is not new the way our government has accepted responsibility is new.

Thank you for posting about this subject.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Thank for responding and its my pleasure for posting this, I would be a good son or a good fellow veteran if I turned a blind eye and didnt try and help.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Im hoping this thread gain some speed so I can get theword out more, even though most are already informed, I spoke to a person this morning and tomorrow im going to help my father start a claim wih the VA.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join