It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you mean when you say "I AM"?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hitsuzen

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by Hitsuzen

Originally posted by Viking9019
reply to post by blupblup

Well god isn't going to be a female is he?

Do you really think God is limited to one gender? God is Everything and Everywhere. Hence, the term "I AM".

Ahem, God is a male. Why? Because Jesus Christ is "the Lord", A.K.A. YHWH in hebrew.

John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God", and he later explains that Jesus Christ is the Living Word made flesh and by naming him thus, Jesus fulfilled Isaiah's prophecy of the coming of Immanu'el "God in the flesh" or "God in person" as it were. So God is a male, a HE, not a SHE.
edit on 22-10-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

pics or it didn't happen

GOD doesn't have a form, or a gender.

They did not have cameras two thousand and three thousand years ago.

The Bible makes clear that we refer to The LORD as Father and not mother. That is what Jesus taught us who believe Him.

You have your independent notion of what God is, but we of the Faith called Him Father.

The mother goddess belongs to pagan and nature concepts of the Creator.

However, there are a few places I think in the Old T where the LORD is described by metaphors relating to His mothering qualities. Sorry, can't remember whereabouts, but I am sure google will tell you.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMatrixusesYou
Truthseeker, it's a little confusing when you ask that question as it's hard to nail down what you are after. We can't really answer for others' reasons as to what they mean when they use that phrase. And then it sort of puts us in the position of telling you what we think it means universally when you didn't ask what it means in a universal way. Like you didn't say,"what does I Am mean?"

I know what "I AM" means to me. I was just looking for a meaning from those who use it. I'm sure it means something different to each person. Just wondering what that is.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

you are limiting god to things of flesh, like names and genders

you can not limit Thee, that is all and everything

you have also made what is of flesh, a god....just like all our past humanity has also done in other beliefs and nations, made a man, a god

the word of god is in places that can not rust nor be destroyed, in placed that the word cant be changed or tainted....its in life itself, its not in some place where we have to believe the words of a fellow man, its in a place that we can all find it, on our own, without books and the words of other men

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I =YOURSELF
AM =TO BE
THAT =OF THE

English words meaning : yourself to be of the yourself to be.

1932 Dictionary

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I am means i am everything, i am all that sum total of all that exists. It is used in meditation to confirm that you are not just your body but pure consciousness. You are God the creator, the creator and observer of all. When you become enlightened this is the realization that you come to, the observer becomes the observed. There is no separation, no duality, it has all been an illusion. The Indians call this Maya, the veil that apparently separates us from God but in actually there is no separation.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I would sure like to talk about my "I AM" rapture type mystical experience that I had earlier this year in the desert, but every time I make a thread about it, it gets deleted. Go figure. :/

I AM a little pissed at ATS right now.

edit on 23-10-2011 by Student X because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by RealTruthSeeker

He is saying the same thing I AM saying.....only using slightly different terms. He is calling the I AM consciencieness instead of saying a "Piece of GOD" / Universe. That is why I said to you...I dare you to try this. And YES...it is sacred. When you try what I asked you to try above.......you find out just how sacred it is.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
And My 1st name is YHWH

And My lst name is Allah

_ _ _ _ Allah (spoken)
(LORD God)
YHWH Allah (written)
(LORD God)

G-D

IT IS what IT IS
www.ahmedamiri.ae...

I AM WHO I AM
I AM THAT I AM
I AM WHAT I AM

Brahma Buddha
YHWH Allah

G-D
edit on 10/24/2011 by Garry Denke because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

For those who ascribe to the new age cult i say this. By calling yourselves I AM, you are damning yourselves for eternity by blesphemy of the Holy Spirit, in which Jesus said you shall not be forgiven in this life or the next.

Hate to break this to you, but this "Holy Spirit" you people this can only be had if you give your will to some man who died a couple thousand years ago is actually what is known as the Human Soul. You don't "get" the Holy Spirit," you are born with it. And the only way, to my mid, that one can blaspheme it is by committing suicide. the word means to desecrate, abuse, or violate. How does one do any of these thing by speaking, pray tell? Even the biggest sinner in the world has a Divine Spirit, and no one can tell me different.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Jesus Christ is Yahweh

"Yah" in Hebrew means "Fiery, and "Weh" means "Dragon. When the ancient Jews translated the word Seraphim into Greek, the word they used was drakon, which is the word our modern "dragon" is derived from.
Some scholars acknowledge that the Name Yahweh comes from the Cannanite Dragon God Yaw, who like the Biblical Yahweh is a god of storms and floods, but is a "son" of the true Creator Elohim. He is specifically described spewing fire from his mouth and smoke from his nostrils, exactly like a dragon. Gnostics also state Yah-weh is a dragon in their scriptures.

I was shown this by a Rabbi friend of mine several years ago. Are you sticking with that, then? Are you now saying a dead man who was a wise teacher was a Dragon in disguise? I really wish you religious types would do some research before just posting what some mind controlled preacher tells you.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Jesus Christ is Yahweh

"Yah" in Hebrew means "Fiery, and "Weh" means "Dragon. When the ancient Jews translated the word Seraphim into Greek, the word they used was drakon, which is the word our modern "dragon" is derived from.
Some scholars acknowledge that the Name Yahweh comes from the Cannanite Dragon God Yaw, who like the Biblical Yahweh is a god of storms and floods, but is a "son" of the true Creator Elohim. He is specifically described spewing fire from his mouth and smoke from his nostrils, exactly like a dragon. Gnostics also state Yah-weh is a dragon in their scriptures.

I was shown this by a Rabbi friend of mine several years ago. Are you sticking with that, then? Are you now saying a dead man who was a wise teacher was a Dragon in disguise? I really wish you religious types would do some research before just posting what some mind controlled preacher tells you.

Can you provide a solid reference for this? Or should I ask the mind controlled rabbi of yours?

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Can you provide a solid reference for this? Or should I ask the mind controlled rabbi of yours?

Why don't you look the words up for yourself, in a Hebrew to English dictionary?
My Rabbi friend is a Hebrew Scholar, and has been published. He is most certainly not brainwashed. Even the Gnostic Christians say it's true that Yahweh is a Dragon. Like I said before, you need a dictionary, and a copy of Strong's Concordance to be able to understand the original meaning, which is way different than modern Christians think.
Linky
Even the Bible speaks of them:

"And I went out by night by the gate of the valley, EVEN BEFORE THE DRAGON WELL, and to the dung port, and viewed the walls of Jerusalem, which were broken down, and the gates thereof were consumed with fire." (Nehemiah 2:13, KJV)

"Their wine is the poison of dragons, and the cruel venom of asps."
(Deuteronomy 32:33 KJV)

"I am a brother to dragons, and a companion to owls."
(Job 30:29 KJV)

"And the wild beasts of the islands shall cry in their desolate houses, and dragons in their pleasant palaces: and her time is near to come, and her days shall not be prolonged." (Isaiah 13:22 KJV)

"And I will make Jerusalem heaps, and a den of dragons; and I will make the cities of Judah desolate, without an inhabitant." (Jeremiah 9:11 KJV)

The Church has evidence also: Linky

Just because I have researched the bible does not mean I should do your research for you.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Well if Yaw means dragon, or from Yam, its hard to prove.

Yam, from the Canaanite word Yam, (Hebrew ים) meaning "Sea", also written "Yaw", is one name of the Ugaritic god of Rivers and Sea. Also titled Judge Nahar ("Judge River"), he is also one of the 'ilhm (Elohim) or sons of El, the name given to the Levantine pantheon. Others dispute the existence of the alternative names, claiming it is a mistranslation of a damaged tablet. Despite linguistic overlap, theologically this god is not a part of the later subregional monotheistic theology, but rather is part of a broader and archaic Levantine polytheism.

Yam is the deity of the primordial chaos and represents the power of the sea untamed and raging; he is seen as ruling storms and the disasters they wreak. The gods cast out Yam from the heavenly mountain Sappan (modern Jebel Aqra; "Sappan" is cognate to Tsephon. The seven-headed dragon Lotan is associated closely with him and the serpent is frequently used to describe him. He is the Canaanite equivalent of the Sumerian Tiamat, the primordial mother goddess.

Of all the gods, despite being the champion of El, Yam holds special hostility against Baal Hadad, son of Dagon

Intent of heart is most important. I think all people mean, the Highest Love and Goodness when they pray to God, they just don't understand that Love never harms or smites.

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Why don't you look the words up for yourself, in a Hebrew to English dictionary?
My Rabbi friend is a Hebrew Scholar, and has been published. He is most certainly not brainwashed. Even the Gnostic Christians say it's true that Yahweh is a Dragon. Like I said before, you need a dictionary, and a copy of Strong's Concordance to be able to understand the original meaning, which is way different than modern Christians think.
Linky
Even the Bible speaks of them:

"And I went out by night by the gate of the valley, EVEN BEFORE THE DRAGON WELL, and to the dung port, and viewed the walls of Jerusalem, which were broken down, and the gates thereof were consumed with fire." (Nehemiah 2:13, KJV)

"Their wine is the poison of dragons, and the cruel venom of asps."
(Deuteronomy 32:33 KJV)

"I am a brother to dragons, and a companion to owls."
(Job 30:29 KJV)

"And the wild beasts of the islands shall cry in their desolate houses, and dragons in their pleasant palaces: and her time is near to come, and her days shall not be prolonged." (Isaiah 13:22 KJV)

"And I will make Jerusalem heaps, and a den of dragons; and I will make the cities of Judah desolate, without an inhabitant." (Jeremiah 9:11 KJV)

The Church has evidence also: Linky

Just because I have researched the bible does not mean I should do your research for you.

I love it when non-believers claim to know the Bible. Seriously dude, did you even read those verses you quoted, or did you just copy and paste from another site? Not one of those verses even mention the Tetragrammaton which is God's name according to the Bible.

My Strong's is buried somewhere but I do have my copy of "Gesenius' Hebrew-Chaldee Lexicon to the Old Testament handy.

Dragon in Hebrew looks like this תנין and transliterated as tanniyn or tan-neen'

The name of God in Hebrew looks like this "יהוה‎ and transliterated as "Yahweh"

As you can see there is a big difference. I understand there might be some similarities in other cultures, but it is not the same as what's described in the Bible.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join