It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OWS: Naomi Wolf: Homeland Security's involvement in her arrest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Naomi Wolf, political activist and author of "Give Me Liberty," calls attention to the enormous power that the federal government can wield to prevent constitutionally guaranteed rights. "History shows they start with the Other and it gets closer and closer and closer and someday they come for you."

This is unsettling. Homeland Security was created to protect the U.S. from terrorism, yet it is involving itself to interfere with a lawful protester.
edit on 10/22/2011 by Drezden because: apostrophe

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I really have nothing to add.

The video speaks for itself. S&F

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Man, i've been telling people that it is too late to do anything for years. We The People lost control when the South lost the Civil War. This Big Brother/Big Government thing started way back then with Abraham Lincoln. The only thing the fed government was created for was to be an organizational force to be able to field our military for defense purposes incase of another invasion from Europe/England. Now look what we have. We don't have a King per se, but we have something of the equivalent that can make up laws as it goes, so that when at one time you might have been obeying the law, they change that law on the fly and now youre a criminal. Judge Napolitano would have a field day with this.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Naiive.
Did she really think she could stand against the government and not have backlash?
One huge difference between westerners and those conned into rebelling in hotter climes is that the latter are prepared for martyrdom for their cause whilst we expect tea and cake and that by just standing in a park the government will topple and the richest sociopaths on earth will suddenly surrender their power and wealth and distribute it equally to all. And when those Machiavellians turn nasty we are shocked and quote rights.

Either do it properly or don't do it at all.

"One who does not remember history is bound to live through it again" Santayana

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aestheteka
Naiive.
Did she really think she could stand against the government and not have backlash?
One huge difference between westerners and those conned into rebelling in hotter climes is that the latter are prepared for martyrdom for their cause whilst we expect tea and cake and that by just standing in a park the government will topple and the richest sociopaths on earth will suddenly surrender their power and wealth and distribute it equally to all. And when those Machiavellians turn nasty we are shocked and quote rights.

Either do it properly or don't do it at all.

"One who does not remember history is bound to live through it again" Santayana

And what did it get them apart from another puppet government? It has to be done peacefully. They cannot handle peaceful non-compliance. As soon as we use force they will crack down even harder.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The video is blocked in the UK so here is another version.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

It's a sad day when this country starts doing things like this. Someone should let them know that Hitler would be proud. I hope this isn't the way of the future. Talk about pouring gasoline on the flames of OWS. They'll probably take this and run with it.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Has anyone ever wondered whether people like her are sometimes payed agents or not? I know that the US funds dissent in nations like Iran. What if Iran or some other rogue nation were to do the same to us? Would they fund someone like this lady to cause confusion and ferment protest?

She may very well be innocent. But what if she's the PRODUCT of Iran funding dissent in the US? Remember, it only takes a few people to change the world. Everything starts small...

China and Russia have an interest in these matters. I bet they are tempted...
edit on 22-10-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

I guess the book she wrote was all part of her life long lie she's portraying for another government? They certainly do embed those spy agents deep nowadays!

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

I'd say you're on the right track but you're looking in the wrong direction.
When are you guys going to get that OWS was instigated (or, more likely, hijacked) by the very people it's supposed to be opposing?
As I oft repeat, look at the locations, look at the methods.
May I suggest two books which should be mandatory reaing to all who plan to do such an event in the future? Sun Tzu's The Art of War and Machiavelli's The Prince.
If the tactics aren't working then change them. Observe your enemy and adapt to them. Peacefully standing in a park is not a long-term proposition. Eventually the locals will get sick of it (which is what I think TPTB were hoping on) and there will be a legitimate reason - even public support - to close the whole thing down.

This lady is ALLOWED to go on to prime time TV and talk? Think about that for a minute.

There was an excellent booklet I read many years ago, translated from the French, entitled "The Art of Subversive Techniques", or something similar. Radical communism was de rigeur in the 60s and 70s, with groups like Baader-Meinhof taking it several stages further than politically correct. These sort of booklets were written for the more ambitious protestor. However, what is happening is the reverse of what was described (from the other side of the fence). This is all text book black-ops strategy.
Any demonstration of this nature MUST have a list of concrete demands in order for there to either be a victory or at least a compromise via negotiation. "Down with Capitalism" doesn't really fly.
Unless the police react heavily and the protestors respond in kind leading to a more violent event (which would be destroyed via the media as the protestors would be labelled as anarchists or home grown terrorists) then the only other options are for it to be taken over as a political platform (Assange, Ron Paul et al), or the public gets sick of it. Laissez faire does not work in this kind of situation.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
As for the oxymoron of peaceful protestors wearing V for Vendetta (Guy Fawkes) masks, may I recommend everyone watch the first 2 minutes of that film?

Guy was someone who turly believed in "It is better to live one day as a lion then a hundred as a sheep", and paid for that sentiment.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

I am so bummed out - if it wasn't for Naomi The End of America book and lecture I would still be thinking I had bad luck when flying between the UK (Now home for 27 years) and USA. I served 6 years US Army blaa blaa blaa and when discharged in 1976 joined the Viet Nam Vets Against the War. We protested in many places with the group and every Veterans day in San Francisco. In 1999 Nov when arriving at SeaTac did not know that the G8 summit protest turned into riots thanks to the PTB and not the protesters I was detained by an FBI agent who refused to ID himself but knew me by name and asked me repetitively why I was there at that moment. I tried to explain that it was my mothers fault who said that its been too long for a mother not to see her son..... It was not until I got to her Island in the Puget Sound that I saw the news which showed MacDonalds window being caved in by the protesters who were attacked by the police etc..... Since that trip I have had the same hassles when flying that two trips ago I kept my plane ticket and as the results of seeing Naomi lecture on her book "The End of America" that I raced to my desk and pulled out that ticket to see indeed it was stamped 4 times with the dreaded "SSSS" which identifies those of us on the no fly list. For those who do not know the reason we must all check into the airport 4 hours in advance for an international flight is so that people like me can be search and interrogated as if we were terrorist. I now fly with my US Army campaign and other decorations to show at one point I served my country and was a person my team could depend on...... Now when those are found I am told "Sorry we are only doing our jobs...." What a cop out I usual then say why not get a respectable job one that you can proudly tell when at a party and another guest ask what you do for a living....

Sorry for such a rant but for me Naomi is a personal hero who put herself and her personal safety on the line for all of us on a daily bases and who taught me why I am harassed. I am proud I have served both my country and fellow veterans in VNATW. The only sadness I have is that their is now the Iraqi Vets Against the War as the young did not hear our voice and we had no voice before our conflict to listen to! I have no time for those vets as we tried our best to let them know and there is no longer any draft which was not true in my era......+

I only hope Naomi does not get harmed.....

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
Has anyone ever wondered whether people like her are sometimes payed agents or not? I know that the US funds dissent in nations like Iran. What if Iran or some other rogue nation were to do the same to us? Would they fund someone like this lady to cause confusion and ferment protest?

She may very well be innocent. But what if she's the PRODUCT of Iran funding dissent in the US?

More like Israel. they've been waiting for their chance to sink that dagger in the USA's back for a long time.

And there's no such thing as 'innocent'.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I really hope people wake the F up as to what's happening to people who are just gathering, protesting and peaceably assembling.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite

She may very well be innocent. But what if she's the PRODUCT of Iran funding dissent in the US? Remember, it only takes a few people to change the world. Everything starts small...

China and Russia have an interest in these matters. I bet they are tempted...
edit on 22-10-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

Why would it have to be Iran when we've got Soros right here to do it.
edit on 24-10-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I'm not even surprised. Did you read or watch her documentary "The End of America"? Its exactly how she talks about it.

Wonder if she'll still continue to be an activist?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

1- Invoke a terrifying internal and external enemy.
2- Create secret prisons where torture takes place.
3-Develop a thug caste or paramilitary force not answerable to citizens.
4-Set up an internal surveillance system.
5-Harass citizens' groups.
6- Engage in arbitrary detention and release.
7-Target key individuals.
8- Control the press.
9- Treat all political dissidents as traitors.
1-0 Suspend the rule of law.
edit on 24/10/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

top topics

join