It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 young black kids.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
articles.philly.com...

It is high time that black men start taking responsibility for their lives and actions, and join society, as contributing helpful members.

70% of blacks live in a home with no father present.

60% of inmates are black.

The time has come for black people to stand up and be accountable for themselves.

Black Americans are brought up in religious environments, but the "streets" are still teaching the kids, that they are the victim of slavery. I say that is a bunch of BULL! Slavery ended a long time ago kiddies.

Why don't you kids, study hard in school, work hard, respect other people, and then reap the rewards of a life well lived.

Instead you blame the world for your laziness, and your criminal acts, and then lash out at other good members of society.

Black people have the physical and mental abilities to be real leaders, but instead, they get caught up in a faux reality that the reason they are down, is not because of their actions, but some conspiracy by everyone else to hold them down.

You black kids ought to do some research on people like Eli Whitney, Nelson Mandela, Robert Lawrence.

Have you black kids got no pride?

Obviously, I don't blame all black people, but the frequency of black crime, tells me in no uncertain terms, that a disproportionate percentage of black teenagers, engage in criminal acts as compared to other ethnic groups.

When 13% of the population is 60% of the prison population, there is more to that than racism.

I am calling on the black community to step up and start policing itself. Stop blaming everyone else, and start taking responsibility for your own lives.

edit on 21-10-2011 by Hendrix92TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Oct 23 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because:

The END of Hate Speech, subtle or otherwise, on ATS

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I wanna be black so I can use this argument that the man is still holdin me down!!!!!
I see it everyday this same argument regurgitated day in day out.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Hendrix92TheUniverse

I agree completely, I'm of Native American descent, but you will never hear me making excuses for the actions of an entire race based on the supposition that there is a monster conspiracy to "keep them down" as there once certainly was for the American natives. Unfortunately, there is a monster conspiracy (perhaps an unwitting one) against those of African lineage. It's blatant across the entertainment industry aimed at the black population. Just watch BET or MTV for a little while, and I'm sure you won't miss what I'm talking about. The only thing that needs to be determined, is whether it is African-American culture in and of itself, or the record label tycoons and Hollywood that are behind this mental conditioning that causes an entire culture (not race, *culture*) to hold such sicknesses as drug addiction, prostitution and unprovoked violence in such high regard...

I would also like to add that these tendencies are becoming more and more prevalent in other cultures as well. Perhaps this conspiracy is not only aimed at the black population anymore.
edit on 21-10-2011 by Q:1984A:1776 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Obviously, I don't blame all black people,
Yeah but you just need to try a little harder and you can. You seem to be well on your way.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

What's scary is fatherlessness has increased and is increasing among whites as well. We will see more and more violence as long as people are so reckless with their relationships and reproduction.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Q:1984A:1776

Self pride, I think what the OP said rings true everywhere and all colours. The mention of ones skin colour is where the separation begins. Where it all starts is parenting.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TerryMcGuire

Yeah but you just need to try a little harder and you can. You seem to be well on your way.

C'mon man, nobody with Jimmi as his avatar could ever become a racist!

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

70% of black families are without a father, I'm appalled. Being of mainly African descent myself, growing up in the suburbs with only three other black families in the neighborhood, I can say I'm fortunate enough to not have grown up in a poverty stricken area. My environment has shaped the way I think and behave. Just think about African Americans growing up in the ghetto, what they have to deal with on a day to day basis. Guns, drugs, gangs and violence are all obstacles one has to avoid. I understand that we have to move on and stop pointing fingers, because change starts with the individual.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

You know, much of the black community is indeed complicit.

I am white, 47 years old, got two kids, 20 and 22 years old. I worked hard all my life. Been married 25 years.

And I can tell you that in all that time, I always knew where my kids were, and what they were doing.

Think about it.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
YEA! I read that article about those misguided black youths and I feel like I have some blanket statements that hold no real substance to say too. :sigh:

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
This "type" of thread has been seen time and time again here on ATS. IMHO, unless you personally have lived/know/grew up in the environment that makes you feel that "most" black people are blaming others, or lazy, then you have no say.

You cannot be dependent on statistic for what goes on in the "real" world. At this point in time, ALL races, creeds, colors, and religions are at a stand still for food, jobs, homes, and cash. Crime, is committed by EVERYONE!!

There is NO one race that has tendencies for laziness, blame, or criminal activity!

Life is what it is, and a human being is to take full responsibility for their actions, because frankly we could go in ANY direction with where this thread is going.

NRE.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
YEA! I read that article about those misguided black youths and I feel like I have some blanket statements that hold no real substance to say too. :sigh:

My goodness. Am I reading this right? Do you live under a rock?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Reply to post by thcnemesisv2

Nope I live under a roof like most people.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver

You cannot be dependent on statistic for what goes on in the "real" world.

WHAT DO YOU RELY ON FOR WHAT GOES ON IN THE "REAL" WORLD? FANTASY?

Crime, is committed by EVERYONE!!

THE FACT IS THAT THE MAJORITY OF CRIMES ARE COMMITTED BY A 13% MINORITY.

There is NO one race that has tendencies for laziness, blame, or criminal activity!

ONE OF MY BEST FRIENDS AT WORK IS A BLACK MAN, WHO HOLDS LICENSES IN 3 DIFFERENT TRADES, PIPE FITTING, PLUMBING, AND SPRINKLER FITTER. HE WORKS HARD, OWNS 5 HOMES, AND IS THE ABSOLUTELY NICEST PERSON YOU WOULD EVER WANT TO MEET. I RESPECT HIM IMMENSELY.

BLACK YOUTH SHOULD FOLLOW THE EXAMPLE OF MEN LIKE THESE.

NRE.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hendrix92TheUniverse

You know, much of the black community is indeed complicit.

I am white, 47 years old, got two kids, 20 and 22 years old. I worked hard all my life. Been married 25 years.

And I can tell you that in all that time, I always knew where my kids were, and what they were doing.

Think about it.

I am white, 65 years old, got three kids 41, 36 and 31 years old. I worked hard all my life. And I can tell you that in all that time I did.... not...... always know where my kids were or what they were doing.

Think about it? What should I think about? What kind of conclusion do you suppose I might come up with if I did think about it.

We are all complicit. To many of us stop our thinking after we have justified our own innocence to ourselves.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I know about the one single reply line on ATS...

LOL

This is unfortunately not as easy as getting access to the internet. This is basically a result of the capitalistic formation of the nation called USA.
The poor will always be the ones to suffer. Now, I agree with the OP that one must take responsibility of ones own actions. But! What if chances were never given to the less fortunate?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
You're the one who brought up slavery, so I must posit whether it's possible that slavery wasn't simply a physical and political mechanism, but also a psychological and emotional one? They leave the most indelible scars.

No, I'm not making excuses. I'm simply trying to account for the complex network of mental associations and restrictions, as well as the societal expectations which might define, and govern - if you will - the definition of a slave. The transition from slave to navigator isn't simple. Imagine the urge to live a totally different life from the one you were raised in - different location, economic status, political leanings, all of the things allowing you to relate to your origins. How much do you crave this unknown? Yeah, that's about how much everyone else wants to stake their claim in the unknown - the strongest of us still crave human connection, especially to our bloodlines.

Others are just as complicated as you. Don't forget that. It helps with the anger.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Actually no I do NOT depend on fantasy for my findings. I am a product of such intense areas in my life from growing up in the South Bronx NYC. I have seen those who had nothing to eat, no place to go, missing parents, and children fending for themselves.

In the poorest areas of my neighborhood, we had no color, we didnt look down on puerto ricans, or white kids, black kids or mexicans. We were people trying to survive in a place that seemed to have been over looked.

There was at least 5 liquor stores on each corner, schools were out of books, teachers no longer cared, and kids were being taken from their homes. On the weekends my friends and their families would wait on line for low cost food, and our playgrounds were covered with crack pipes and crack heads.

There was a shooting EVERY DAY, and we learned to somehow seem past it to have about a half hour a day of fun.

I lost many people that I cared for and we all seemed to come to a consensus that some of us would get out, and some not. Of course their were some bad apples, but we understood that we didn't choose where we came from, and for most of us we had no idea where we were going.

Unless you have lived, and or are familiar with the in and outs of a society that many fail to see unless forced, the ghetto is no joke, and I can only hope for things to get better. Many kids in those areas that get passed by, because there are about 10-15 apartments in projects with 14 or more floors, so yes, some are overlooked.

Its a product of our society, and unless we look at the root of the problem, we will continue to overlook the product of some peoples environment.

NRE.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I'm sure I'll be flamed hard for this but just reading the thread title I thought, 'Oh man what horrible act of violence happened this time?'. Of course you can't judge a person on race, but these stories are becoming so commonplace it's just a (justified in my opinion) reaction.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hendrix92TheUniverse

We are all complicit. To many of us stop our thinking after we have justified our own innocence to ourselves.

I appreciate the discussion. But we are not all complicit. I have no control over my neighbor, who does not properly supervise their children. I have no control over my neighbor, that let's their kids do whatever they want.

Yeah, all our kids can make mistakes, and my kids ain't perfect, but they damn well know what I expect from them, and that's the truth.

I expect them to be respectful of other people, work hard, and protect their own.

I call on the black community to step up to the task.

So many black kids are lost in senseless violence or imprisonment, because, they didn't have a father figure to guide them.

I am not tip toeing on egg shells anymore, from now on I call them as I see them.

If people want to label me a racist, then they can't see the forest through the trees.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join