It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Credit Unions in South Africa?? Komaan ouens, as julle van een weet!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Sorry for this very brief opening post, but the issue at hand is important enough to justify the use of an opening thread to get to the solution to this problem.

Many people are going to transfer to Credit Unions across the world on 5th of November, and we here in SA want to jump on the bandwagon (though up here we often still use the ox-wagon lol:
:lol
to do the same.

However, I have searched and searched but have not found any Credit Unions up in my neck of the woods.

Any South Africans know of credit unions in SA? Or what will be our best option be after that?

What I have found is SACCO:
www.saccol.org.za...

.....but they really do not seem proficient for this purpose. I copied and pasted the text below from their products and services section, so this tells me it is not really adequate to keep your money in as it seems they have not yet got these things in place.

"A well established SACCO would begin to look at developing products that a conventional bank has to offer including:
•Access to ATMs
•Stop order facilities
•Automated bill payments
•Full range of insurance products
•ATM debit Cards"

Komaan, ouens, wat is ons opsies??

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Ongelukkig dink ek nie dat ons hier in diep donker Afrika veel opsies het nie. So lekker to hear some Afrikaans on ATS!

I have had the same thoughts these last few days. But unfortunately SA seems to be about 77 years behind the rest of the world with regard to some important things - such as Battlestar Galactica, decent vegan pre-prepared meals, and now my latest concern - credit unions!

I would love to pull Absa (!) a carrot on Bank Transfer Day. Come on fellow South Africans! Help us out here! Are there any "dependable" credit unions of note in South Africa that you know of??? This is an important question!

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by shimmeringsilver73

Sooo good to hear your African voice on ATS! Ja, dis regtig nogal 'n kelemetie!

Maybe we should just take our money out the banks and store it under the matress! Like Ouma did.

Yebo for Vegan!!! I am totally lacto but finding vegan still a challenge. Working on it.

Keep shining!

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
.....ok, I am guilty of trying to get this post back up to the 'Recent Post' page by writing this, but I assure you my intentions are good. Simply trying to get SA to respond.

Please, South Africans, time is-a-ticking-a-way , if anyone has a clue to a better option for Nov 5 re bank transfer day please share?

Post office is not an option, cause as far as I know they are not linked to any ATMs. Right?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I don't get the big deal about bank transfer day. Normal people "like us" won't even make a dent in the banks books lol now get big business entities like SAB or SASOL to draw money... But the banks would charge them a fortune in bank fees.

For now I would have to pay 400 to change my accounting details at work because the labourers change their bank 3 times a year and this was the only way to stop it.

*facepalm*

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Transfer day?
Here in the US people watch interest rates and P/E ratios for clues.
Currently the best 1 year insured CD is yielding 4%, but its religious apartheid.

www.hustlermoneyblog.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2018 @ 05:19 AM
link   
What is bank day

Also are the stories coming out of SA about genocide true?

top topics

join