It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 1% Are Changing The Law To Shut Down Occupy Wall St.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   

In a move that really shouldn’t surprise me in the slightest yet still does, the 1% landlords/masters of the universe have announced that they are seeking to change the law so privately owned public parks, like, for instance, Zuccotti Park, are no longer required to saty open 24 hours a day.

Shockingly, this would have the immediate effect of terminating any and all Occupy camps. In a jaw-dropping statement that redefines the word disingenuous, Steven Spinola, president of the Real Estate Board of New York had this to say:

Source:

The 1% are changing the law to shut down occupy wall st.

Well, so much for peaceful protests...I honestly have no comments for this. I only thought I'd share this find and hope that the creator, God, source, is watching over us, because the way things are looking. The world is gonna need it.

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by RisenAngel77

Who would enact the laws? The political officials in New York, right? So blame the "1%" and yet again, continue to ignore the spineless politicians who make up the laws.
*sheesh*
And OWS can't figure it out?
*shakes head in dismay*

+19 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Who would enact the laws? The political officials in New York, right? So blame the "1%" and yet again, continue to ignore the spineless politicians who make up the laws.
*sheesh*
*shakes head in dismay*

Yes but if you go after the politicians and ignore the corporations then you'll just end up with new politicians for Big Business to corrupt later.

Better to go after the source IMO...

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

You have a point, but we all know the government do not run the show, the bankers do. The heart of the problem, the federal reserve.Sure the politicians are to blame as well, but they are merely puppets just like obama is to the shadow government.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

*sheesh*
*shakes head in dismay*

Yes but if you go after the politicians and ignore the corporations then you'll just end up with new politicians for Big Business to corrupt later.

And if you go after the bankers, there won't be bankers to replace them?
Change the laws, change the lawmakers and you'll see change.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

privately owned public parks
What the hell? How can something public be privately owned?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by RisenAngel77
reply to post by beezzer

You have a point, but we all know the government do not run the show, the bankers do. The heart of the problem, the federal reserve.Sure the politicians are to blame as well, but they are merely puppets just like obama is to the shadow government.

*sigh*
Then why bother fighting the bankers/1%/NWO - whatever?
I mean really.
All I hear on this site is that the pols are powerless and the bankers rule the world.
If that's true, then start a corporation selling white flags, because you've lost.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

That doesnt suprise me. Tptb knew there were going to be riots, we will have to wait and see what happens. Personally I think the police have no honour any longer. To be a police officer is basically the same as being a hired thug, no diffrent.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
well do we need any more proof that law and justice do not exist
if corporate criminals walk free and proud why should we follow this law

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

*sheesh*
*shakes head in dismay*

Even better to change the system that allows it to happen.

And if you go after the bankers, there won't be bankers to replace them?
Change the laws, change the lawmakers and you'll see change.

Exactly.
Thats the only way to take money out of politics for good.
edit on 21-10-2011 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Lost? No, the fight is simple. The people can win by simply uniting and closing their bank accounts. Picture this, the U.S and it's people are mere batteries that run the system. You take away the battery, the system becomes dysfunctional.

Banks

money

people

Without the people, money is as good as another piece of paper. (which it technically is anyways). If people learned to also boycott everything things can change for the better. But we can't just blame the bankers and the gov for this. Unfortunately every single one of us is to blame. We are supporting the system by simply buying their gmos foods, and allowing them to do w/e they want.

So the real question is, will people wake up? or will they continue to live in denial until it's too late.?

Only time will tell what happens from here on.

edit on 21-10-2011 by RisenAngel77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

The government is the source of the corporations power. Cut the power, let them fall on their on, chop the head of the snake and all that. If it wasn't for the Government all those banks that have been robbing us blind, you know the ones too big to fail? Would have collapsed in around '06 if we didn't allow the government to keep suppling those thieves the money to continue their operations. Or if the Government wasn't writing laws that kill competition. With the recent bank runs going on now I wouldn't be surprise if the government suddenly thinks credit unions should be illegal.

Course when that happens it'll be blamed on capitalism.

EDIT: Forgot to add to this

OT: I guess I agree with Breezer, however I don't see how this would even go through. I can't find any other source this backing this up. I'm skeptical for now, though I won't deny if more information is presented to back this up.
edit on 10/21/2011 by Mcupobob because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/21/2011 by Mcupobob because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
The "Occupy" tactic won't last forever for many reasons, we know the 1%, bankers and corrupted politicians will always fight back with an army of lawyers and public authorities puppets strategically located. Also winter weather is coming, soon or later this kind of protest will have to stop. We will probably see protesters attempting other tactics, like the bank transfer day (November 5th).

+15 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
It's funny seeing people argue over whether to go after the corporations "or" the government. Reminds me of two groups trying to decide how to slay a dragon. Group A says "go for the heart." Group B says, "no, go for the head." They spend time arguing rather than doing anything (or, worse, start fighting each other over their disagreement rather than slaying the dragon). Meanwhile the dragon grows bigger. Divide and conquer, much?

Really, does anyone doubt that the distinction between corporate malfesience and government perfidery is fading to the point of irrelevance? As Mussolini (one who would know) said, "Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of state and corporate power." That's what we're seeing take shape today.

Why not have the Tea Party people hit government and the OWS people go after the business end? A two-one punch that might actually accomplish something. I guess it's "safer" to argue against your mirror image on the other side of the inane right-left divide than actually take on the real culprits...

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

I think you're asking alot if you think a large protion of society is going to give up the banks. Not being trollish, just honest.

And if that did occur, then the banks would influence the spineless pols to make some sort of law that in order to receive a paycheck, we HAVE to have accounts.

T'is simpler to just get rid of the crooks in DC, IMHO.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

As you say I think people would rather battle it out between themselves rather than fight the dragon. The Dragon is too big and breathes fire.

My issue with this whole Government or Wall Street debate, is that we are now living in a world where global markets are 2 steps ahead of national governments, rendering national government pretty much useless in the face of a global crisis. If one government in the world gets tough on their financial system their banks will just move to another part of the world where there aren't the same restrictions.

You can vote in your Ron Pauls and other Libertarians, but how does Ron plan to deal with a global banking crisis. If Ron goes after the Fed, what difference will it make , if other countries continue with a central banking system based on fiat money?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

That's why isolationists are very appealing lately.
Close up shop, roll away the welcome mat, close the shutters, and wait for the "storm" to pass.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   

That's why isolationists are very appealing lately.
Close up shop, roll away the welcome mat, close the shutters, and wait for the "storm" to pass.

I very much doubt that's going to happen , while your still in both Iraq and Afghanistan and lining up a possible confrontation with Iran, America's job as world police man shows no sign of ending anytime soon. Unfortunately you cant just pick up your ball and say your not playing anymore.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   

I'm not saying that, that is what I support, just saying what many (ie;Ron Paul types) are thinking.

Things are not always as simple as they seem, and my feeling, is that it'll get much worse (globally) before it starts getting better.

No doom predictions, just more malaise.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by silent thunder

You can vote in your Ron Pauls and other Libertarians, but how does Ron plan to deal with a global banking crisis. If Ron goes after the Fed, what difference will it make, if other countries continue with a central banking system based on fiat money?

You underestimate the ties of the FED and the central banking system on a global scale.
I have friends who are pretty well informed about the complex economic relationships and they are very excited about what happens in the US now and in 2012.
"You'd have to take out the FED in the US to take out the ESCB (European System of Central Banks) here."

I don't remember right now what the exact causality here was but the financial ties in the gobal economy are, well... global.

We are all in the same boat here.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join