It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The portrayal of Gaddafi's death is WRONG

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
So I switched on the BBC this evening to see, front and centre, Gaddafi's beaten and dead figure surrounded by many celebrating Libyans, at a time in the evening where loads of kids are watching.

Does anyone else find this coverage unnecessarily brutal? In fact, I'd actually say his whole death was unnecessarily brutal. Yes, he was an evil man who deserved death and the world is better without him. But the way it's been portrayed makes his killers look no better than he his, dragging his corpse along with them while everyone poses for facebook pictures beside his tortured body. There's an insidious undercurrent in the videos and photos coming out of a complete disregard for human life. The bastard deserved death but this affair has set humanity back a few paces, in my opinion.

Honestly, I find it [SNIP] sickening
edit on 20-10-2011 by Internet Explorer because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on 21-10-2011 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Internet Explorer

When I first read the title I thought this was a Lord of The Rings post about Gandalf's death fighting the Balrog.
I need more coffee.

In reply to the post, IMO all the debate over Bin Laden and the lack of body, photos and such just recently has probably resulted in this over exposure parade of bloody photos in an attempt to banish all that silly conspiracy theory nonsense.

I wonder if they know there's already a body double argument among others.

edit on 20-10-2011 by nineix because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

at a time in the evening where loads of kids are watching. Does anyone else find this coverage unnecessarily brutal?

Kids shouldn't be watching news in the first place, if brutal images are a concern. There's loads of gruesome acts talked about on the news.

Coverage of a death is brutal and gruesome...stop the presses! (Pun intended)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Internet Explorer
So I switched on the BBC this evening to see, front and centre, Gaddafi's beaten and dead figure surrounded by many celebrating Libyans, at a time in the evening where loads of kids are watching.

Does anyone else find this coverage unnecessarily brutal? In fact, I'd actually say his whole death was unnecessarily brutal. Yes, he was an evil man who deserved death and the world is better without him. But the way it's been portrayed makes his killers look no better than he his, dragging his corpse along with them while everyone poses for facebook pictures beside his tortured body. There's an insidious undercurrent in the videos and photos coming out of a complete disregard for human life. The bastard deserved death but this affair has set humanity back a few paces, in my opinion.

Honestly, I find it f#n sickening
edit on 20-10-2011 by Internet Explorer because: (no reason given)

Brutal? there is a video of Gaddafi that in it he appears is still alive, able to stand partially, and he even attempts to resist his captors. This video is so graphic I dare not view it again. Never the less it appears to me that his captors are not much better than he was. If he was alive at this point, and it does appear he was, he should have been at least allowed a trial. yea this is indeed Brutal and not fit for any child to view.

www.youtube.com...//www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DNVIkck02qao

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Agree with OP

Now Al-quieda can gain full power of Libya. Weeeeeee lets all cheer. One evil for another

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Would you go as far as to say they were... DEAD wrong?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
You're dealing with people from the mid east.

That is the reality there.

Deal with it.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I find it repulsive how anyone can celebrate the murder .. Erm death of another human being.
Unfortuneatly westerners seem to feed on the deaths of others and celebrate everytime someone is murdered at their hands.. Really makes one wonder who the real barbarians are as no civilised society would celebrate / glorify acts of barbarism.. Disgusting the manner in which they carry on..

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Yes i just saw this video...

CONTRARY TO THE REPORTS that he was killed "in a shooutout"...

It can clearly be seen they captured him alive and pushed him etc. and then shot (ie: executed) him, very obvious.

So the first reports of him being killed in some shootout are just some failed attempt to hide those actions.

Furthermore...afterwards seeing him dragged dead around the streets...mind you they could as well captured him and then "officially" trialed and executed him or whatever....but those people are just living 1000 years back in the past...so it's no wonder they behave like animals..ALL of them.

The Middle-East is just...#ed up..as always....
edit on 20-10-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Well said...

I was thinking the exact same thing actually.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I think that it's important to keep in mind that that's exactly how the media wants to portray the Libyans. They want us to think that those people are all evil, bloodthirsty, and that they cannot be trusted to choose their own leaders because they will be just the same as the old leaders. In reality, while there are definitely Libyans who are acting in the ways you are describing and that the media shows, Libyans as a whole are not more 'uncivilized' than we are here in America, and they do not all take glory in the bloody death of Gaddafi, while they are all probably happy he is gone. The European/Western powers want to legitimize their own control over the next government by portraying their ideas and methods as 'better' than what the savage Libyans can come up with, when in reality, it's their country, and the people deserve to have a say in what happens to them.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
You're dealing with people from the mid east.

That is the reality there.

Deal with it.

You are buying into exactly what the Western media wants you to think about the Middle East. It is harmful for dialogue and understanding when we do not even take a minute to think that the media may not be portraying what is necessarily reality.

I mean, we all complain about the media's portrayal of Ron Paul, and the Tea Party, and many other things, and we have basically come to the conclusion that the media lies. Why wouldn't the media lie to support a Western foreign policy which is in control of the Middle East, so that we can steal their resources? It's not like the U.S. hasn't been doing that all along in other places.
edit on 10/20/2011 by spacekc929 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

I am disgusted that the BBC are openly parading Gaddafis body like this. If Al Jazeera were doing the same with one of our soldiers we would be up in arms. Humans are still humans no matter what they did, they all deserve dignity in death wether they are rapist or mother teresa. I am disgusted with the BBC and every other media outlet that has displayed his body in a such undignified way. Shame on them and shame on the license payer that stands by and allows this to happen.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
It is truly barbaric... like a pack of animals when they take him from the truck.

I didn't like the guy but that's not how to do things.

It's like one extreme to the other, the US pretends to kill Bin Laden and apparently dumps his body in the sea... Yeah right!!

And in this case, NTC fighters literally shoot, beat and rip him to death.

Seriously F'd up.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
TPTB are flexing their muscles and are sending a direct message to rulers of nations who do not conform to their agenda. Its almost as if the media has been ordered to show the graphic footage. I am not a supporter of Gadhafi, but it is not necessary to repeatedly broadcast graphic videos of the last moments of his life.

edit on 20-10-2011 by ShadesofGrey78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by nineix

In reply to the post, IMO all the debate over Bin Laden and the lack of body, photos and such just recently has probably resulted in this over exposure parade of bloody photos in an attempt to banish all that silly conspiracy theory nonsense.

edit on 20-10-2011 by nineix because: (no reason given)

I think that pretty much hits the nail on the head right there. Besides these images and worse are easy for kids to find on the internet. Leads me to believe children are much more desentized than most parents give them credit for.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
It makes me sick the way they treated him. He should have been trialed in an international court. By the way, the footage that i witnessed was absolutely horrible in the fact that it appeared that Gaddafi was beaten and it appeared as if the 'rebels' reaached over and slit his throat, followed by a gunshot. #ing disgusting

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Predictive programming my friend...

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I just don't understand anything regarding Gadaffi's death at the moment.
I saw what happened yesterday, saw him pleading for his life (supposedly) in a video, then today the papers are saying he was shot in his pipe that he was supposed to be hiding in. There are such large contradictions that I'm confused.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Putting it bluntly , by watching the footage of this happening and its after effects , you/we have been witnesses of a murder .
Murder/execution are two different things . This was a murder . A particularly brutal murder . A single victim at the hands of a mob .

People who witness murder often may need some psychological help to cope with the feelings that are naturally created > repugnance , shock , fear , anger , grief , loss , shame , anxiety , confusion , denial , hate , and a sense of injustice . Take along the powerlessness , vulnerability , and life seeming strange that it can offer up such as the foregoing (it doesnt only happen in the mid east)
> they can need a lot of psychological help to cope with it .

The long and short being , leaving apparent justification for this event aside , the media cutting in the footage as they did was wrong . Bar it being about reality , there is a huge moral reasoning to say so . Psychologically speaking , this is of help . God , or Life , helps the righteous . It does not help evil happen , or let it sit happily , whatever the cause . Wrong is wrong and will go wrong and be wrong , those who do wrong will end up being wrong and things will go wrong , for them . I fully beleive this system operates , and have seen it do so , all through life . And in the lives of others . In this case then let go of it (Gadaffi is dead), for justice is the stronger topic/truth .

Also personally speaking on topic , I find horror films to be far more disturbing than any real event I have witnessed or on video, and I have seen a few . I have had fully grown adults admit they were scared of me , because they had watched a horror film . I am not surprised , to be honest , horror films are absolutely terrifying .
There is no excuses in my book , for any children having seen these . I am not saying I would rather see a person get strawberry jammed , but hope you know what is meant .

top topics

<<   2 >>

join