It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nypd inspector docked 10 vacation days for misuse of pepper spray at OWS protest

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
As heard on 10 10 wins an inspector in the nypd who earlier this month used his pepper spray on a pair of OWS protestors was issued discipline adding up to the loss of 10 vacation days. This is the inspector many have seen on you tube and mainstream media.

Nypd is managing this OWS rally very well, they have good PR people. As I stated earlier the OWS people need to do the same.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
10 vacation days? That's all?!? Disgusting. Protect and Serve my ass...

link   
reply to post by OathKeeper

police scum
this guy and so many others should be off the force
just because you enforce the law does not make you above the law.

POLICE SCUM

+1 more 
link   
I wonder how much jail time a protester would have gotten for using pepper spray on two police?

After the beating of course.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by thejlxc
I wonder how much jail time a protester would have gotten for using pepper spray on two police?

After the beating of course.

Pepper spray is a non lethal weapon. Carrying it in some places is a fine or minor misdemeanor charge. Using on someone is a low level of assault charge that usually results in 6 month stay out of trouble ruling.

However using it on a cop, firefighter, emt, train conductor ect ect while they are doing their job can become assault felony. District attorneys will drop it in the end to misdemeanor charges.

Why did this inspector get off easy? Simple answer is his rank.

And I know a few cops who are not scum. Your comments only hurt your movement, unless your an anarchist in which case cops being scum is probably in the slogan.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by OathKeeper

I'm not any of those things. I'm a realist. My cause is humanity, and it's apparently a lost cause. Just poking the bear, as it were.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by OathKeeper

Pepper spray is a non lethal weapon. Carrying it in some places is a fine or minor misdemeanor charge. Using on someone is a low level of assault charge that usually results in 6 month stay out of trouble ruling.

True for NYC?

To buy it there you have to get it from an FFL and have a background check as though you were buying a firearm. And you cant buy it from out of state and bring it in.

With restrictions like that I wouldnt be surprised if NYC tried to hit you with felony time just for having some.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
The long line of corruption within the nypd continues....

This cop should have at LEAST a suspension

I used to like Ray Kelly before ows, but since they have arrived Ive just been disgusted with the way they are handling everything and it reminds me at the end of the day, someone with that kind of authority still has someone else's ass to kiss.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Isn't pepper spray or mace in NYC is considered a weapon. Just like a stun gun would be. Outside of the 5 boroughs, it is different, but NYC is very strict with weapons.

The cop had no reason to use the spray, and in my opinion, it is the equivalent of firing a weapon unnecessarily. The cop should have been discharged from the force.

BUT, because the NYPD is corrupt union, and that "blue wall" exists, this low-life of a cop is only docketed 10 days worth of vacation pay. BIG DEAL. Terminate the bastich!

There is nothing anyone can say that would justify the cops action. He was 1000% wrong, and that's it. There is no middle ground. Did he use his weapon or not. It is a yes or no question with no middle ground.

I know a few NYC cops, some are sergeants, they are pathetic in that each one is laughing at the protestors saying that when the winter sets in they will all go away.

I think that if OWS were to continue full force through the winter, then NYC may find itself in a cash flow crises.

Presently there is no cash flow crises in NYC because Bloomy creates new laws and rules by the week, which all come with fines and penalties for non-compliance. This is how NYC is able to float it's cash problems, by fining and collecting. A truly despicable act.

Anyway, the cop needs to go, and if he tries to find a job anywhere else, people will remember the name Bologna for the spray he dished out. He is doomed in any future endeavor outside of NYPD. He has made a name for himself. People will remember.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
He was in the NYPD and only got docked 10 vacation days? I'm suprised that he didn't get a raise instead.
also, do you have anywhere we can look this up?

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Nypd is managing this OWS rally very well, they have good PR people. As I stated earlier the OWS people need to do the same.
Is handling the rally "well" defined as suppressing their expression to free speech, beating down on them, pepper spraying them, punching them, arresting them with no justification, leading them into a trap onto the Brooklyn bridge and mass arresting them?

Boy JPMorgan's contributions to the NYPD sure has paid off, their doing such a good job !

The 10 days vacation for assault using pepperspray is laughable and goes to show how the department is there to protect its employees and its employers (the corporate establishment and the banks)
edit on 19-10-2011 by seenavv because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Maybe the NYPD can be lax on this pepper spray guy because this one here: "I fried another n-----," - Officer Michael Daragjati took all of the departments sin with him as the door hit him in the ass? Sort of like a crooked cop Jesus.

I fried another n

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I'm sure he'll dispute it with his union rep and get the punishment dismissed or reduced. I feel bad for a police officer or anyone who has to work near that crowd.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I just looked up the base pay for an NYPD Inspector. Figuring 300 working days per year (5 days a week) this will cost him $4,814. I don't know about any of you, but that's no small chunk of change. Still, I'd like to see him demoted as well.

This J/O has no business commanding men in the field. The "troops" look to their commanders for guidance to do the right thing. He has obviously failed in his duties.
edit on 10/19/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
What if he was a grade school teacher and not a cop? What if he had assaulted young children and not adults? Would society be satisfied if that teacher lost a few vacation days? The most ironic part is that the loss of vaction days means that he will have MORE contact with potential victims, not less. He should face felony charges and should have to face the music like the rest of us...a day or two in jail, the asswhipping that comes with that, expensive fines and court costs, the loss of his job due to behavior issues, then maybe he'd join the movement.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
So, Tony Bologna sprays unarmed, detained females with pepper spray and he gets an unpaid vacation. Another fine example of the JustUs system.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

not with the liberal NYC justice system. Yes it is liberal. even if the felony is charged it is only charged so the misdemeanor has a better chance of sticking when it comes to taking a plea or being downgraded by the DA.

I haven't looked but possessing Mace is worse than pepper spray due to the chemical nature, but that is determined later if at all. No felony charge for mace, won't happen

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeBrooklyn

This cop should have at LEAST a suspension

he is an inspector. I believe it is called white shirt immunity. A new cop would have been fired, a vet cop suspended a white shirt slapped on the wrist. thats the way it seems at least.
edit on 19-10-2011 by OathKeeper because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by xPico
He was in the NYPD and only got docked 10 vacation days? I'm suprised that he didn't get a raise instead.
also, do you have anywhere we can look this up?

abcnews.go.com...

and actually cops in NYC get in a ton of trouble for excessive force. Its just a matter of does the force get reported? Was force used on them initially. But trust me, if a cop came up to you on the street and clocked you, someone will have it on camera, and he will be done for.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by seenavv

Is handling the rally "well" defined as suppressing their expression to free speech, beating down on them, pepper spraying them, punching them, arresting them with no justification, leading them into a trap onto the Brooklyn bridge and mass arresting them?

Boy JPMorgan's contributions to the NYPD sure has paid off, their doing such a good job !

The 10 days vacation for assault using pepperspray is laughable and goes to show how the department is there to protect its employees and its employers (the corporate establishment and the banks)
edit on 19-10-2011 by seenavv because: (no reason given)

if you noticed i was referring to the NYPD's Public Relations handling of it. They are handling it very well. It looks far worse in other cities in the US, and forget what it is like overseas where those rights don't exist to the same extent.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join