It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran's Nuclear Facility Losing Power, Experts Say

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Iran's Nuclear Facility Losing Power, Experts Say

www.foxnews.com

Washington diplomats and American nuclear experts suspect Iran's illicit quest for a nuclear weapon, still suffering from a cyberattack of unknown origins last year, has hit a new set of production and engineering troubles.

At Iran's main nuclear facility in Natanz, home to cascading centrifuges required to make the enriched uranium needed for nuclear weapons, output has slowed dramatically, according to two new reports from the Institute for Science and International Security, or ISIS. For the first time, Iran's centrifuges have seen their average output decrease.

Read more: http:
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Well from the article is says the US is unlikely to be preparing any military response to Iran and to be honest i believe it. The only thing i have seen in the news as of late pointing towards any kind of attack on Iran has been from Alex Jones, Infowars.com, Debka etc-all complete BS.

With the computer virus/worm technology that the US and Israel are both using towards Iran's nuclear prgram, an attack isnt necessary and it looks like the nuclear "bugs" for Iran are continuing....welcome to the new age of warfare.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Well from the article is says the US is unlikely to be preparing any military response to Iran and to be honest i believe it. The only thing i have seen in the news as of late pointing towards any kind of attack on Iran has been from Alex Jones, Infowars.com, Debka etc-all complete BS.

Complete BS? And I just got finished watching Michelle Bachman literally declare war on Iran on CNN in the debate? If you can't see by now that Iran is just another country on PNAC's hit list, that is due up, you are missing the play by play.

Since North Korea has acquired nukes for sure, they are saving the big showdown for last. Some American city will be toast while they are all safe in their bunkers in Denver. In the meantime, another whole bunch of people in Iran, including ours, are going to die for elite entertainment and profit- all under the facade of Freedom For The World.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Too bad Bachman isnt president and couldnt be for another year and she doesnt have the ability to declare war in the first place. FAIL.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
In fact Bachman spouting off about Iran is about as ludicous as Paul saying the US should stay home. Neither thing is going to happen and both candidates are nuts anyway.

Okay, back on topic.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
So according to our government, which has a long standing history of lying us into wars, says that Iran wants a nuke.

Iran says that they want nuclear energy.

Whom do you believe?

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Well, it could just be US trying to garner confidence of others.

Personally, I think Stuxnet has done this and it's a real problem, especially when they used it on Fukushima to show why Japan shouldn't sell Uranium to Iran.

The question is, Were the tsunami's man-made, and in turn, the quake? I'm not going down this road but we all know Israel and US are well inside each other and Japan was very close to sealing a deal with Iran, and we have this new age cyber-warfare being admittedly used.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I definitely dont believe Iran who has PLENTY of freaking oil to the point they dont need nuclear energy. If they invested as much into gas refineries then it wouldnt be an issue. So im thinking IRAN must be lying. Why would they risk so much to gain technology for "energy" when they could do SO much more with SO much less with what they already have and SO much cheaper? Hmmmm.

Originally posted by gladtobehere
So according to our government, which has a long standing history of lying us into wars, says that Iran wants a nuke.

Whom do you believe?

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

Whom do you believe?

Both - they are not mutually exclusive

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

So what if they actually were making a bomb. I'd want a bomb if I were them. Sadly for the OP there just isn't any proof that they are building one. The article says that their persuit of a nuke is illegal, although it says nothing about the hundreds of nukes israel has? Oh wait they don't have any thats right shhhh.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

To the 'tune' of "You you're a Redneck if..." (Jeff Foxworthy)
You know you're an ATS loon if you see "...Institute for Science and International Security, or ISIS..." in a thread and you're immediately convinced TPTB brainstormed in a secret room on words to fit the acronym "ISIS" --and did a half-ass job at that!

Seriously, I hope the situation is stable.
edit on 10/18/2011 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
This is my favorite 5th grade argument of all!!! LOL. "Well so and so has one so i should be able to as well"

If my neighbor has one then i get to have one right? Two wrongs make a right? Correct? Love the logic. If a few world powers have nuikes then everyone should right? There shouldnt be a line where folks say okay-no more nukes?

Originally posted by mayabong

So what if they actually were making a bomb. I'd want a bomb if I were them. Sadly for the OP there just isn't any proof that they are building one. The article says that their persuit of a nuke is illegal, although it says nothing about the hundreds of nukes israel has? Oh wait they don't have any thats right shhhh.

edit on 18-10-2011 by princeofpeace because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-10-2011 by princeofpeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Complete BS? And I just got finished watching Michelle Bachman literally declare war on Iran on CNN in the debate?

So we have Bachman and John Bolton..........declaring war on Iran...........I'm sure MR.Obama loves to take advice from this pair of "I have zero power politicians"..........all we need now is Palin to start stirring the pot!

edit on 18-10-2011 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

I definitely dont believe Iran who has PLENTY of freaking oil to the point they dont need nuclear energy.

Is that your opinion or is it what you heard Netanyahu say?

Well perhaps the Iranian want to sell their oil to the highest bidder rather than using it themselves.....nuclear power will allow them to do this.

The trouble with Netanyahu's thinking is that paranoia factors into his thought process.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

If it turns out every single one of my neighbors have gotten robbed and I'm the last one on the street that hasn't got robbed dam right I'd want something to defend myself. I don't care either way, I don't give a crap about Iran or Israel. Are you one of those loon bag christians who are salivating for the next big war so your "savior" can come back? lol

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

This is my favorite 5th grade argument of all!!! LOL. "Well so and so has one so i should be able to as well"

If my neighbor has one then i get to have one right? Two wrongs make a right? Correct? Love the logic. If a few world powers have nuikes then everyone should right? There shouldnt be a line where folks say okay-no more nukes?

I think you have to look at it from the Iranian perspective, they aren't building a nuclear weapon......but if they were to do so you could understand why...........

Out of the of Bush's 3 Axis of Evil powers Iraq.....the one with no nuclear weapons was attacked......North Korea with nuclear weapons was left alone.
The message perceived whether real or otherwise is........If you don't yet have nuclear weapons you are at risk of attack if you happen to be on the "Axis of Evil" .........If you do have nuclear weapons........you won't be attacked.
Pakistan and India have nuclear weapons and Israel is strongly suspected as having some Iran with China in close proximity is surrounded by nuclear armed countries............now If any country has a right to be paranoid its Iran......not Israel!
edit on 18-10-2011 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

princeofpeace warmongering?
Well well well.

Even if Iran were to get nukes, I'm sure Iran's leadership like their power more than they would like to nuke a bunch of Israelis or Americans.

Mao did, Stalin did, even crazy Kim Jong Il does. So please.
edit on 18-10-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Sounds to me like Tehran has just told Washington that WMD $hit they pulled on the Iraqis ain't gonna happen here.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I don't know what to make of this report? Is Iran having technical issues at the plant hindering operations at their reactor and stalling centerfuge production, or are they purposely reducing output to fall off the radar again to buy more time? The saber rattling has begun anew with the recent announcement in the US about an alleged Iranian assassination plot.

The US/Israel have been threatening war here and there for greater part of the last decade, and yet Iran continues on with its nuclear program in some way, shape, or form. They have brilliantly maneuvered among numerous land mines and obstacles placed by the international community with clever public relations strategies and rhetoric to make the world believe that their nuclear program is for peaceful purposes. It may or may not be?

As it stands now, it would appear to me that Iran is probably taking a step back to reassess the current situation, and take the attention off of them as they have been doing so well during their crisis with the west. Not that I don't believe that this reduction in production is attributed to technical problems like stuxnet or something else and sanctions, but only the Iranians know that.

Reliable information is not so forthcoming from that part of the world. I am on the fence about all of this. We have to remember all sides have been engaged in a war of propaganda during this whole charade. Making any conclusions or judgements in that environment is futile. This whole thing has become one great big soap opera.
edit on 19-10-2011 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   

We can thank the US dirty trix department through their proxies the Isreali Mossad for that to no doubt.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join