It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Underwater cities, do they currently exist in today's society?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I have heard from undocumented sources that an underwater city exists in Israel, however it has not been proven, I have just heard rumors regarding this. Does anyone else here on ATS have any insight if there are any underwater cities currently in existence in today's world? It seems like a pretty cool concept and idea.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Unvarnished

If I had to take a guess, it would be no. They would serve no purpose. Underwater military installations maybe, but not underwater cities. Most technology like that, that comes to the civilian sector is from the government/military applications.

link   
no.

link   

I've never heard of this, seems a little far fetched.
Would be cool though.
Lets see what ATS has to say.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Well according to Cartman, if you have Sea Men, and Sea People, you get a SeaCiety!

So it's possible!

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
the only purpose it would serve would be to start from scratch without pollution
and avoid the sun's rays.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by wlord
the only purpose it would serve would be to start from scratch without pollution
and avoid the sun's rays.

Or as some kind of scientific installation to study our oceans easier without having to keep diving down from the surface and study the affects of the pressure upon objects before sending them into space.

Not sure if the CHANI Project is real or not but I agree with "The Entity" they supposedly contacted when it said that we could learn more about space by studying the oceans.

Then again, underwater city.....could end up like Rapture did in the first Bioshock game.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
It's possible, but it would have to be built like a gigantic submarine to withstand the intense pressure of the water. It would likely cost trillions to construct. None of that domed city stuff, we don't have the materials technology to accomplish this.

Underground cities are much more cost-feasible and expandable. The only dangers could be earthquakes/ collapses or water aquifer breaches into the complexes.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

That is the only thing that is stopping me from believing of truly achieving an underwater city, the pressure. I mean I know we have certain submarines today that can withstand the intense pressure at the bottom of the ocean, but wow, it would definitely be an impressive invention.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by wlord

I think we'd eventually pollute the ocean floor with our wastes, don't you think?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I haven't heard of an underwater city, but there surely are underwater research facilities. I saw a special on either NatGeo or Discovery a few years ago about one of them and it was pretty neat. There were however limits on the amount of time an individual could stay in the facility so I'm pretty sure a whole underwater city wouldn't be very plausible at this time. I would like to think that it would be possible in the not too far future though!

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Well like I said, if they wanna make cities in space work then they should test underwater first because what could go wrong in water is pretty much similar to what could go wrong in space as far as pressure, cracks, effects on the human body etc.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
There is at least one underwater "city" being constructed in USA. It is more of a research facility, as people here said, but people will live there, not merely work there. The website is here: www.underseacolony.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
heard some rumors about there being *something* in the Arabian sea, haven't been able to check it out though.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Depends on whether you mean inhabited or not. There are great cities underwater in various locations, but they have been uninhabited for hundreds/thousands of years since they were flooded.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Underwater hotel being built in Dubai. I guess that's a start. I'd guess that if an underwater 'city' is someday built, it might well be there.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

underwater caves = yes....because eventually you come to a huge breathable opening that you can use as a base.

they are everywhere and I'm sure we have some occupied along our coasts.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Im pretty sure there was one.I think it was built by mr Blowfelt.
Hang on didnt James Bond blow that one to bits.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I doubt they exist within today's society used by us today

But I tend to keep an open mind on the bases for submersible unidentified flying objects. These craft have purportedly been seen since Columbus and their diving into both seas and lakes and exiting same has even taken place during the USA and NATO navy operations. A man called Sanderson wrote a very good and well researched book about them.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
The "exopolitics blog" speaks of "undersea bases" inhabited by draco/hydra reptilians .

"And destruction of the transmitter that was constantly pumping out fear, anxiety, control & manipulation attenuated frequencies from this undersea base to the Asia continent reaching from as far north as the Korea's... to as far south as Laos."

exopolitics.blogs.com...

Not saying this is proof or true , personally i'm pretty skeptic about this but it makes for an interesting read .

new topics

top topics

join